• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 kalmolil

kalmolil

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:08 PM

I'm completely new here and am just seeking advice/answers!  I will preface this by saying that I've encountered weird things my entire life and stuff seems to "follow" me no matter where I go.  I do believe in the paranormal and it absolutely terrifies me.  I'm sorry for the really long post, but I have to include all the pertinent details for it to make sense!

We've been living in our current home going on three years now.  My mother bought the house and just shortly after had to relocate out of town to care for her ailing mother (my Grandmother) just after my Grandfather passed.  We moved in to her home and have been here since.  Shortly after moving in we started noticing strange things happening in the home.  It started mostly with noises - hearing footsteps and walking upstairs when absolutely nobody was up there.  Bumps and taps on the walls, floors creaking, cabinet doors opening (ever so slightly)when nobody was in the kitchen.  I started seeing shadows out of the corner of my eye on the stairs.  Often times, I thought it was my youngest on the stairs and I'd go to investigate only to find her playing in her playroom, or even asleep at night in her bed.  I dismissed this as my over active imagination. Then, my oldest daughter started feeling as though she were being watched, and even claims at one point something grabbed her pants leg and tugged at it. We all noticed a general "uneasy" feeling in the master closet and bathroom (they are adjoined) and it's a running joke that the "ghost" lives in the closet.  We ignored and dismissed most of the strange happenings in our home until one night I was in bed just about to go to sleep for the night.  The threshold to our room makes a "cracking" sound when you cross it because the wood floors meet the carpeted floors in our room and it just cracks/creaks.  Generally, this is my detector to know that my 5 year old has attempted to sneak in our room and sleep on our floor.  I heard this sound one night and sat up in bed to tell my daughter she had to return to her room, but there was nobody there.  I thought perhaps she might have run back to her room (although I would have heard her run down the hall) so I got up to investigate.  She was out cold in her bed.  I returned to bed and settled back in to go to sleep and a few minutes later I heard the noise again.  This time, anticipating my daughter in the room again I stayed in bed and waited to see if I would hear her.  I heard shuffling along the floors and was again absolutely convinced it was my daughter.  I felt the blankets on the bed move slightly as though someone was leaning against the foot of the bed.  I sat up and was met with absolutely NOTHING.  There was nobody there.  This scared the daylights out of me and I woke my husband.  He again went and checked on all three of our girls, whom were all sleeping soundly.  I eventually fell asleep after tossing and turning and jumping at every sound.  The next time, I was anxious about going to bed and finally gave in and went to bed about 11 p.m.  Just about 2:00 a.m., I was woken again by the creaking sound.  I sat up in bed for a good 2-3 minutes staring at nothingness just waiting to see someone or something.  Finally, a few minutes later I laid back down and was laying there just WAITING for it to happen again.  Just as I anticipated, about five minutes later, I heard the exact same noises: creaking floor, shuffling on the carpet...except this time, I heard whispering next to the bed. I jumped up and threw the blankets off, flipped on the light and shouted "alright!  that's enough!!!  leave me alone and let me sleep!!!!"  My husband, shocked, sat up and asked me what the heck was going on.  He dismissed everything and told me I must have been dreaming and to go back to sleep.  the next day I contacted a local Austin group to come out and do an investigation on the house.  they told me in the meantime to "tell" whatever it was to just leave me alone and that it was not allowed to disturb me or my children when we were sleeping - which I did.  Things seemed to be just fine after that and a few days later the investigators came out.  They were here for roughly six hours and in that time collected evidence that later revealed a single EVP that says either "get out" or "get up" and is followed by a door shutting (happened upstairs when we were all upstairs) and a picture that has an apparent "face" in a window (I attached the picture to this post). There were a handful of "personal" experiences like hearing noises and toys in our playroom move around but nothing seriously major.  We were left feeling as though whatever was here was benevolent and not going to harm anyone so there was no real "need" to remove anything or tell it to shove off.  

Things quieted down for quite some time and then the bumps and footsteps started again.  We never heard anything menacing or scary - just random footsteps upstairs when nobody was there. My two older children started growing more and more "afraid" of being upstairs and my oldest finally told me "it just feels really bad up there, like someone is watching you but not in a good way..." I was in the shower one morning and felt that very feeling - I could have sworn that there was someone in the bathroom with me and half way expected my husband to peek behind the shower curtain ...so I was very surprised when I pulled the curtain back and saw nobody in there with me. I decided to tell "it" that we were frightened by it being here and that we wanted it to leave, and did this in the most respectful non-aggressive manner I could muster. About three days later, I had just returned from taking my oldest to school and had begun preparing a snack for my toddler downstairs when I heard movement upstairs.  Normally, because we're used to hearing it, it wouldn't have been any cause for concern but after the movement I heard thick, heavy, thumping footsteps in an almost charging pattern.  Then, I heard shuffling, scuttling and stomping directly above me in my oldest's bedroom...and I froze in fear. After that, I heard what I can only describe as the sound of a heavy piece of furniture being drug across the floor. I was so scared, I grabbed the baby, my keys, my phone and left the house. I thought I had come home and caught an intruder so I called the police. They came out and checked the house and found absolutely NO evidence of anyone in the house.  Nothing had been taken or disturbed and there appeared to be no visible signs of forced entry (I had absent-mindedly left the doors unlocked while I was gone). I was incredibly relieved to find that there wasn't someone "hiding" in my house but then filled with dread because what if there WAS someone or something in my house - and I just couldn't see it?  After contacting the group that originally came to the house and being told that there was some kind of male presence in the house and then hearing the much more aggressive "noises", I'm ready to have whatever it is that is here removed.

I've contacted another group that has a "healer" in my local area but have yet to hear from them. I'm not sure where to go or what to do, and I'm a little scared to try and "cleanse" the house myself. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions - or even recommendations for a group in my area (Austin, Texas) that would/could come out and clear the house of this energy?  It's starting to feel very heavy and dark in the house and I can't see to get enough "light" in no matter how many lights we have on. It's menacing and depressing and I'm really ready to have my house back!  I am not sleeping very well and never feel comfortable in the house - and it's really starting to take it's toll.

Attached Files

• Attached File  face.jpg   83.75K   109 downloads

#2 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:22 PM

Hello, we'll do the best we can to help.

How old is the house? Do you know any history of it at all?

I've been sensitive to spirits/ghosts since I was a baby but usually I don't sense much when reading stories on here. People are too far away and the sense is too faint.

But this... this I'm sensing something.

Whats happening is going to increase. I agree about the male presence, and its not a good one. I don't believe in demons, and I don't think that even if a demon did exist it would have a distinctly male sense like I'm getting now. Its strange because I don't really feel an emotion, like no hatred, or anger. He just wants you gone. Really really bad. He wants you out. And he's willing to do what it takes to get you out.

The focus isn't your children, they're just there and easier to scare.

I think you shouldn't have told it that it scared you. Its using that against you.

I could suggest that you try to sage the house, including salting all entrances (including a circle of salt around the house) but I don't think that will help and might make things worse. You need to get it out before you try to do protection rituals.

Whatever you do, don't make plans to destroy it when you are in the house because it may hear you and react badly. And when you finally do make plans, have the kids go out with their grandparents or something overnight. They should not be in the house when you do. Children are vulnerable to spirits.

I don't know anyone in your area to help, but others on here may.

#3 FreakE

FreakE

EVP

• GS Member
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Anything fun :)
    I have a fascination with dreams. I have some wild and crazy ones.

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:02 PM

Hi there,
I def agree with moiraesfate. You shouldn't have told it you were were afraid. Stand your ground, but dont be confrontational until you figure out what the game plan is. For starters, when your outside of the house with your family, like out for dinner discuss with them a word yall need. Any word. I don't care how silly it is, it is a code word to convey to your other family members that you are scared and need to vacate the house for awhile, or would like someone to be by you. For instance your daughter says " the sky is blue" or blue-sky. This is a cry for you to give her strength without her telling it shes afraid by openly saying it. We don't need it feeding off the fear.

#4 kalmolil

kalmolil

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:35 PM

Thanks so very much for the replies. I'm almost desperate for answers/suggestions, so I do appreciate it.

The house is relatively "new" - built in 1999 I believe, and has had a total of three owners, including my mother (who owns the house now, but we live in it).  My mother bought the home nearly three years ago, and as for the other owners I know one was a family that my daughter is familiar with (she attends school with one of the kids that used to live here) and the other owner was a gentleman who owned the property as a investment and rented it.   There isn't much more history to it that I know of.  Of the street we live on, I do know that a neighbor passed about two years ago suddenly from a heart attack (across the street), and directly next to that house another gentleman passed in that house.  The same day that I called the police, I had a neighbor over checking on me and while we were talking she got this really uncomfortable concerned look on her face and kept glancing at the front door (we were standing in the entry way) and I finally said (thinking she was trying to plan a way to run away because she thought I was crazy!!) "do you need to go? You keep looking at the door as though you need to leave?" and she said "oh, no...I just thought we'd better move so your husband doesn't hit us with the door." And I looked at her confused and said "my husband?" to which she replied "well yes, he's just come home hasn't he?  I heard him coughing." I smiled at her and said "no, that's no my husband..." because I knew my husband was still at work, and I've heard the coughing before.  It's definitely a male "cough" but certainly doesn't belong to my husband!

I must say that I'm not at all thrilled at what you've sensed moiraesfate, but you seem to be right on the money.  I do believe in demonic forces, but don't think this falls in that realm by any means because it just doesn't seem like that.  I have religious items all over my house (I collect crosses both because of faith but also just because I think they're beautiful) and I've even had a very dear friend sprinkle the entire house and all the crosses with holy water.  I just get the general feeling that I'm completely unwelcome in my own house and that's irritating and frightening to say the least.  I don't get the feeling that it wants "help" - I just really get the feeling that it's sitting back and "watching" everything we do, particularly me and that's unsettling...especially when I'm in the shower!!  FreakE, the investigators are the ones who instructed me to tell "it" that what it was doing was scaring me/us and that it wasn't allowed to do that anymore and to stop.  I was very deliberate when I told it that it MUST leave my family alone and that it needed to leave because this was my house and I didn't want it here.  Nothing strange has happened the last couple of days, but I can tell/feel that it's just "lurking" and waiting...

#5 trin

trin

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:41 PM

Just a couple other things, have a house inspector who can do air quality tests, tests for mold, and check the electricals for leaks of Electro-Magnetic fields...
have the heating/cooling systems also checked to make sure they aren't pouring something bad into the environment.

(rule out "normal causes" first...  you'd be surprised how several people can have the same experience at the same time and the cause really IS something rather ordinary rather than ghostly.)

do you have a larger version of the photo, as I didn't actually seen anything odd in the circled area... a lot of the time what we find ourselves interpreting as faces can be smudges on the glass that we don't notice when we're in the room, but combined with flash photography and LOOKING for something, leaves us seeing something that looks like a face.)

IF the cause is something normal(ish  like a mold or fumes) having a team that investigates paranormal things, which is JUST looking for paranormal causes might leave you in an uncomfortable situation that can be fixed, OR that might actually be dangerous.

#6 FreakE

FreakE

EVP

• GS Member
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Anything fun :)
    I have a fascination with dreams. I have some wild and crazy ones.

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:52 PM

View Postmoiraesfate, on 06 October 2011 - 01:22 PM, said:

I don't know anyone in your area to help, but others on here may.

Contact the founder in my signature. He may be able to offer some guidance your comfortable with, or suggest something new. He lives in SA which isnt too too far.

#7 Ms. Tify

Ms. Tify

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, art, scrapbooking, listening to loud music, reading, photography, writing, are you still reading this? Seriously?

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:26 AM

As someone that has experienced paranormal activity in my home, I understand your fear and frustration.  

Since the house is pretty new, have any of the neighbors been around for awhile?  Do they know anything about the men that lived in your neighborhood previously and have passed on?  

I am just curious if one of them is the one haunting your home.  Maybe he got mixed up and thinks your home is his home.  Or perhaps he always had an affinity for it, or was close with the previous owners.  It is also possible he's just attached to the land itself, or even an object in your home.  Is there anything new you purchased and brought with you when you moved to this location?

I do want to give you the same good advice as the others have, don't let your fear take over.  Easy to say, and it was hard for me, too, but it can be done.  Be strong.  I once got so angry I threatened to "blast it with a super soaker full of holy water".  I'm not sure if that worked, but it made me feel better!

Please let us know how things are going, much help is available here.
Life's a match in a gas tank, don't ever mourn the ebbing tide, just dance on fire and enjoy the ride.

#8 PumpkinWraithGStudy

PumpkinWraithGStudy

1D's #1 Fan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts
  • Interests:Mainly my family and chatting to and getting to know the many good friends I've made here over the years. I love Rock, Metal and alternative music as well as having a profound interest in the paranormal.

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:26 AM

You definately ought to speak to the neighbours.  I live in a new house which is only 4 years old yet myself and most of the neighbours have witnessed, independantly, shadows and noises in their homes the same as my partner and I.  I'm not concerned about what's happening here as it is no where near as serious as your situation but I'm still curious as to what used to be here many years ago.  We have known our neigbours since we all moved into our road at the same time and they have similar stories to mine but know nothing of the area.  I'm trying to find out what was here before but not having a lot of luck at the moment.  

I would definately take Ms. Tify's advice and ask them, they could come up with something important and I would definately do what Trin suggests and get the electrics, boilers etc, checked.

I have ruled that out in our house as we all have everything checked yearly by a private contractor and it was done 8 weeks ago.

Posted Image

Signature created by SilentWalkerGStudy

The Aliens said I could take a friend next time. Apply below ......but no mad people!

I <3 One Direction.  Harry 4Ever!

#9 kalmolil

kalmolil

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:32 AM

I just emailed the Texas PITT founder so hopefully they can help or get me in contact with someone who can. Very bad night last night, little sleep. I kept feeling as though someone were next to the bed staring at me and kept hearing noises in our room. I was restless all night and never actually went to sleep until about 4:30 a.m. I woke my oldest up for school this morning and she complained that she was really tired and said she didn't sleep well at all because she felt as though someone were in the hall watching her.  I didn't tell her about my night. She says as she went to bed she looked at the door and saw it was barely cracked (she has the cat's litter box in her room and she must keep her door cracked so the cat has access to the box at night) and then watched as it opened slightly.  She thought it was the cat coming in her room but when she looked at the floor for the cat, there was nothing there.  My five year old woke me at just after 5:00 as she was crawling in my bed because she had a "bad dream" that someone was in her room.

As for the neighbors, I've talked to one of them and she says her "visitor" is named Dwayne and he used to live in the house.  She said from talking to other neighbors she was told he was a very sweet and kind man and has never made her feel uncomfortable at all.  As for the other neighbor that passed, my mother had talked to him a couple of times before when she lived in the house and says he was a very friendly and sweet mannered man as well.  Neither of them seemed menacing in life so I can't imagine that this is either of them.

We just recently (maybe two weeks ago) had a full inspection/check on our a/c as well as had an inspector examine the insulation in the attic and check the electrical (we had a really high electricity bill one month, turns out it was just SUPER hot here in Texas and we used a ton of energy cooling the house!). When my mother bought the home (almost three years ago) there had been a very detailed inspection on the home as well and everything checked out just fine.

#10 kalmolil

kalmolil

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:50 AM

View Postmoiraesfate, on 06 October 2011 - 01:22 PM, said:

I've been sensitive to spirits/ghosts since I was a baby but usually I don't sense much when reading stories on here. People are too far away and the sense is too faint.

But this... this I'm sensing something.

Things are still happening here, so I'm curious if you would still be "sensing" the same thing as before.  I've been in communication with an investigator that has been helping with coping with what happens in our home, but we haven't been able to rid ourselves of it... whatever "it" is. Activity ceased for a short while, but then returned and hasn't ceased since.

#11 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:18 AM

View Postkalmolil, on 05 November 2011 - 09:50 AM, said:

Things are still happening here, so I'm curious if you would still be "sensing" the same thing as before.  I've been in communication with an investigator that has been helping with coping with what happens in our home, but we haven't been able to rid ourselves of it... whatever "it" is. Activity ceased for a short while, but then returned and hasn't ceased since.
I wish I could say yes but I've noticed that my emotional state is directly tied to whether I sense something or not. My husband has been very sick with food poisoning for the last few days. He seems to be getting better, but I think my worry is blocking it since I'm so focused on him. He had a 101.3 fever the day before yesterday and I nearly took him to the hospital but his aunt is a nurse so she was helping him. His fever is broken and he's eating solid food again but I'm still keeping an eye on him. Not to mention, last night was the first time in days that I've actually slept in the bed with him and actually slept through the night.

Scared me like you wouldn't believe.

I'll check here in a few days and see if I can sense anything.

Edited by moiraesfate, 05 November 2011 - 11:19 AM.

#12 NortheasternParanormalASC

NortheasternParanormalASC

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:35 PM

I had very similar experiences in my home. It turned out to be demonic in nature. Have you left your residence and had similar experiences at night when sleeping in a different location? Typically demons will follow you to other locations because you are trying to escape them.  Either way, do not show fear and stand your ground. I conquered the majority of the issues I was having by not allowing to feed off of my fear. Now my team and I are helping others who suffer from the same activity I have dealt with in the past. We would be glad to do an investigation , however we are located in PA. Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.

Andy

#13 Ghuoest

Ghuoest

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Waiting for the Great Pumpkin

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:22 AM

Ghosts can follow too.

#14 the evil

the evil

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:http://tevilblog.blogspot.com/

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:26 PM

Just as everyone else explained dont be afraid which is tough as well if kids are involved. Kids are easy as well though, if they're young enough. Give them something, a necklace and tell them its protective. I live by these things are as strong as you let them be. This is why religious artifacts work, because you believe they do. Find some things that make you feel comfort and safety. Place them around the house. When you feel scared focus on them. Also find some hobbies. Dont focus on the noises, explain them. Our new house has quirks. Doors will close, they are unlevel. Foot steps upstairs, its the hard wood floor expanding/contracting. Door slams (yes we've both heard this and Ive posted the story) its the neighbors. Get where I'm going with this. These things need your focus and energy and if you dont give it to them 90% of them go away or fizzle out. I still get the heebies alone sometimes but then i just turn on a video game or some music and drown those thoughts out. They need you, not the other way around.
I dont acknowledge them either with the thought of investigator and talking to them. Remember most investigators WANT to find something and will convince you and themselves its there. Adn dont trust mediums.... none of them.

#15 wctlineman

wctlineman

Orb

• GS Member
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:paranormal studies providing the truth

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:45 AM

Sorry to hear of your problem...I am new here and dont want to srep on any toes..my daughter is a medium..we remove the type of problem spirits you are talking about..we do not charge..we make cases with children a priority..children never should have to be afraid in their own homes...we live in kansas but i think we could help..you could personal message me anytime..all have given very good imput...many times its just an old owner of a home who needs a little push to give up what is not theirs anymore...my daughter can give you their name and the reason they are their...hope I'm not breaking any rules with offer to help...let me know..

#16 kalmolil

kalmolil

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:00 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm working with someone to help "fight" this spiritually, but it is a daunting task. I am fairly certain something touched me the other night in the kitchen while I was cooking dinner. I felt what I can only describe as a cold, spider web feeling on my elbow. It was prickly and cold, and only lasted a few seconds. I went to sleep that night and woke up feeling the same feeling but this time on the inside of my arm in the bend of my elbow. I turned over and covered up and went back to sleep. When I got up for the day, I noticed I had red scratches where I had felt that cold, tingly sensation. Doesn't scare me at this point, it makes me angry. Ticks me off that  thinks it can physically touch me. Whatever it is that may be here has picked the wrong person to tangle with. I'm a Christian who knows just how very big her God is and I won't let this thing win. I know some here don't believe the way I do, but I'm committed to not letting this win! Making noises is one thing, but scratching me?  Oh heck no. Just nice to be able to share with people who don't think I'm nuts!

#17 wctlineman

wctlineman

Orb

• GS Member
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:paranormal studies providing the truth

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:42 AM

great response to you problem..get mad and you be in control.  just to let you know..since you are christian, we are too  my daughter actually does this with help from an angel who comes to her when needed..good luck  let me know if you need any advice..some are very hard to get rid of with other means than what my daughter does..god bless

#18 TruthQuest

TruthQuest

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:15 AM

wow

my family was going through the very same thing before we moved. we believe it followed us home
from the hospital when my son was born. it was alot of hearing walking upstairs, certain hardwood
boards creaking as walked across helped pinpoint where it was and was heading WHILE WE WERE IN THE
ROOM AND IN BED! LOL We saw moving shadows and a dense shadow fog once that blacked out 2 windows.
Right before we found a bigger house it started manipulating physical objects and once even ripped
a lighting fixture from the wall. Our neighbors even saw the black fog once from their kitchen and
asked us how we like the ghost lol.

#19 trin

trin

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

is it possible it's come to you and is trying to ask for help?

though the idea of the inspector to check for things like mold or odd fumes still seems like
it REALLY needs to be  done.

Edited by trin, 04 February 2012 - 02:18 PM.

#20 Don

Don

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:37 AM

View Posttrin, on 04 February 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

is it possible it's come to you and is trying to ask for help?

though the idea of the inspector to check for things like mold or odd fumes still seems like
it REALLY needs to be  done.
Hi

In africa we have a way of dealing with the unwanted , take a steel nail wrapping copper wire around it.
and nail one into every window frame and door frame that leads to the outside .

You say that this thing follow`s you ? In that case you leave the house so it goes out with you and someone else nails in the nails ,
after you can enter and it cant follow you in.

If the haunting is real you will see the wire coiling on the nail at the entrance the spirit is trying to enter through .
No ghost or spirit will be able to enter the house .

CHeers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users