8 replies to this topic

#1 Cornet

Cornet

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:06 PM

Hello there,
Recently I had a friend pass away b/c of suicide (R.I.P) & I cannot help but feel as though he is around me A LOT. By a lot, I mean, I feel as though he is around me more than I ever expected him to be. You see, leading up to his death, I had not spoken to him in about 1 year and a half; so we were not very "close" friends by any stretch of the imagination. However, since his death I have had several dreams about him and in each one he was showing me something different, so I could not help but feel that he was "visiting" me in my dreams along with in day-to-day life.
So, one method of communication that I like to use with spirits is a lit candle. I close all of the windows, turn down heat, etc, and light my candle and begin asking if anyone is around. I notice that when a spirit is around the candle begins to flicker rather rapidly, only to die down soon after (the flickering occurs usually right after I ask a question). Anyway, the other night I began getting VERY intense chills throughout my whole body that left goosebumps. Whenever I get these chills/goosebumps I know immediately that they occured b/c a spirit has touched me and wants to communicate/ is letting me know that it is there. When these chills occured the other night the first thought to come to my head was my friend who recently passed, so I grabbed my candle ASAP and sat in my living room. Obviously, through this means, my friend identified himself and we ended up having a small conversation.
So, I posted this just wondering- Has anyone else ever tried this method of communication before? What are your thoughts on this? (I ask that people don't criticize me and claim that I am a crazy lady for doing this- lol- b/c I do believe that it works.)
If there is anyone who is confused by how this works, please just ask! This is just my preferred way of speaking with those who are passed on is all :)

#2 sensitivechic

sensitivechic

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:11 PM

I don't think you are crazy :) - I have used candles before.. @ my sis-in-law's home...her house is haunted...and like you we had no heat or a/c on - windows n doors all closed...sat the candle on top of her tv stand..away from everyone but in eyesight - it was the only light we had..we asked a bunch of questions but the thing was the flame at first danced around then it kept getting smaller and smaller almost out when my sis-in-law's cell phone rang oh yeah the #000-000-0000 on the caller id (and NO ONE was on the other end!)....the flame jumped up bigger then before and started dancing around even split in 2 - WE all sat there AMAZED!!! And my hubs is one of those who has to see to believe well this is 1 time he still can't explain what or how it all happened!! But said he won't forget it either! :confused0068:

Just a few weeks ago - I was back over and we had another candle lit...the first 20 minutes nothing...and we just sat there talking my sis-in-law & myself and my daughter...again everything is off and closed...I didn't mention before but I'm sensitive and can feel when the female ghost is around...then all of a sudden the flame started dancing around...but she was having more fun cutting the cable box on and off!! Once she was done with that the flame started dancing again...this lasted for about 30 minutes or so then everything went normal...except the fact that she just wanted to hang around me...Icy cold spots...

~Sensitive Chic~
Posted Image

#3 Nort Thalem

Nort Thalem

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:42 PM

I would urge you to avoid any means of communication with the dead if at all possible. It always poses the risk of attracting attention from an evil spirit. As for your friend, I would be cautious in case it was an imposter trying to get to you by barrowing her image.

#4 Cornet

Cornet

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:13 PM

sensitivechic, on 04 November 2011 - 02:11 PM, said:

I don't think you are crazy :) - I have used candles before.. @ my sis-in-law's home...her house is haunted...and like you we had no heat or a/c on - windows n doors all closed...sat the candle on top of her tv stand..away from everyone but in eyesight - it was the only light we had..we asked a bunch of questions but the thing was the flame at first danced around then it kept getting smaller and smaller almost out when my sis-in-law's cell phone rang oh yeah the #000-000-0000 on the caller id (and NO ONE was on the other end!)....the flame jumped up bigger then before and started dancing around even split in 2 - WE all sat there AMAZED!!! And my hubs is one of those who has to see to believe well this is 1 time he still can't explain what or how it all happened!! But said he won't forget it either! :confused0068:

Just a few weeks ago - I was back over and we had another candle lit...the first 20 minutes nothing...and we just sat there talking my sis-in-law & myself and my daughter...again everything is off and closed...I didn't mention before but I'm sensitive and can feel when the female ghost is around...then all of a sudden the flame started dancing around...but she was having more fun cutting the cable box on and off!! Once she was done with that the flame started dancing again...this lasted for about 30 minutes or so then everything went normal...except the fact that she just wanted to hang around me...Icy cold spots...

~Sensitive Chic~

That's so interesting! Glad to know that there are others who do this as well! It is so amazing how this works, isn't it? I find I attract spirits VERY easily, so I never have to wait long before my candle begins to react. And I just find it so mind-blowing that something as small as a candle's flame can tell you so much about the spirit's personality! I have gotten spirits who respond right away (such as my friend), and I have gotten ones that just like to play with the candle b/c they are jokesters! Do you also find that once a spirit establishes its presence that the temperature seems to drop? I find that I start getting my "ghost chills" (as I call them) as soon as the flame starts reacting, so it feels like a confirmation that there IS someone there :)

#5 sensitivechic

sensitivechic

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

Cornet, on 05 November 2011 - 03:13 PM, said:

That's so interesting! Glad to know that there are others who do this as well! It is so amazing how this works, isn't it? I find I attract spirits VERY easily, so I never have to wait long before my candle begins to react. And I just find it so mind-blowing that something as small as a candle's flame can tell you so much about the spirit's personality! I have gotten spirits who respond right away (such as my friend), and I have gotten ones that just like to play with the candle b/c they are jokesters! Do you also find that once a spirit establishes its presence that the temperature seems to drop? I find that I start getting my "ghost chills" (as I call them) as soon as the flame starts reacting, so it feels like a confirmation that there IS someone there :)

I forgot to tell you about the Saturday before Halloween...we go over just for a visit nothing exciting..lol My sis-in-law has already lite her candle just to enjoy it (it's apple scent)...nothing else...well as soon as we get over there and sit down and start talking the flame starts dancing around...She was like that candle has done nothing for the last hour - all has been quiet around here...oh great YOU are here and so she's gonna play NOW?? :Picture 562: LOL
And yep she wanted to hang around me - I was the ony one sitting under a blanket...lol
Posted Image

#6 Vlawde

Vlawde

Resident Grumpy Old Married Man Prone To Senior Moments

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,255 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:45 PM

I dunno about candles. Any small breeze can make the flame do stuff. Not only air conditioners or heaters, but open doors, windows etc. But most of all, any movement in the room can cause them to dance around, whether it's someone walking into the room, moving an arm or leg while seated, and of course breathing. And depending on the wax and the wick, it can go thru "cycles" of how it burns. I wouldn't take it as evidence of any kind.

I can light a candle and put it on the coffee table and just sit there, over time it'll flicker, dance etc etc.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Pacific Paranormal Research Association: Documenting the paranormal and providing solutions to the living and the dead (and whatever else!)

Pacific Paranormal Research Association Myspace Page

Vlawdes Myspace Page

#7 sensitivechic

sensitivechic

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:59 AM

Vlawde, on 07 November 2011 - 06:45 PM, said:

I dunno about candles. Any small breeze can make the flame do stuff. Not only air conditioners or heaters, but open doors, windows etc. But most of all, any movement in the room can cause them to dance around, whether it's someone walking into the room, moving an arm or leg while seated, and of course breathing. And depending on the wax and the wick, it can go thru "cycles" of how it burns. I wouldn't take it as evidence of any kind.

I can light a candle and put it on the coffee table and just sit there, over time it'll flicker, dance etc etc.

That's how it is at home - nothing! The flame don't move at all unless there is some kind of breeze...but I've been at my Sis-in-law's and we will all be sitting there and nothing or no one moving and out of the blue the flame will dance...also the candle is sitting up high...and NO one will move..and other times nothing happens at all....
I dunno....another life's mysteries  :yes:
Posted Image

#8 Cornet

Cornet

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:59 PM

sensitivechic, on 07 November 2011 - 06:30 PM, said:

I forgot to tell you about the Saturday before Halloween...we go over just for a visit nothing exciting..lol My sis-in-law has already lite her candle just to enjoy it (it's apple scent)...nothing else...well as soon as we get over there and sit down and start talking the flame starts dancing around...She was like that candle has done nothing for the last hour - all has been quiet around here...oh great YOU are here and so she's gonna play NOW?? :Picture 562: LOL
And yep she wanted to hang around me - I was the ony one sitting under a blanket...lol

Lol! That reminds me of the one time I walked into my roomate's room (keep in mind, she is a skeptic, so I kept this observation to myself) and she had a candle lit and it was flickering like CRAZY. I mean, it was just going BAZERK! There were no windows or anything open at the time and she was just sitting on the bed, so there was no real movement in the room, so it was hard to argue that it was a breeze, etc that was causing it. Besides, I have never seen a candle flicker THAT intensely before, so it was either b/c I had entered the room or she had a lot of energy around her... That, and I have also noticed that the activity in our apartment seems to REALLY increase once she leaves and I am here alone...I feel like her negativity towards the subject clouds my ability to pick up on spirits, so as soon as she leaves the cloud is obviously lifted and I pick up on all sorts of things (obviously this is when I bust out my candles)!

#9 Cornet

Cornet

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:04 PM

Vlawde, on 07 November 2011 - 06:45 PM, said:

Your points are completely true! Although keep in mind that when I do this I am always completely alone and I shut doors, windows, etc (elimatinates movement from others, breezes, etc). It obviously depends on your point of view as to whether or not this truly works; to me it does and I usually get confirmation through goosebumps and the hair on my arms and legs standing up. There have been times I have done this and the candle will not move at all, whereas other times it won't stop dancing/flickering; so I don't think its the actually wax of the candle causing it. As I said though, all depends on the person and your perception of things :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users