Free Skins
© Fisana

Popping Noises- What Kind Of A Spirit Makes These?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Cornet

Cornet

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:25 AM

Hey there,
So last night I had something really strange happen that I have never experienced before. I heard a very loud popping noise while I was in bed in my room. The only way I can think of describing this noise was it sounded like a light had blown out in my room. So, it was obviously very loud; to the point that it echoed afterwards. It is important to note that ALL lights were turned off at this point as well. It startled me a lot and I convinced myself that my light had just blown out (even though it was turned off). Needless to say though, this morning when I tried my light, it still worked.

Now, before people go on to say that it was probably some kind of fixture in my house making the noise, I do not think this was the case at all- reason being because I have lived in this house for 7 or 8 years and I have NEVER heard a sound like that before. However, since I first moved into this house I have gotten negative vibes from it. I feel as though I am always being watched by a very negative entity (I have had many odd experiences because of this presence, but that is a whole other story). As well, the negative energy that I feel is situated in a spot right outside my room, so I often feel as though it watches me when I sleep.

I have reason to believe that this spirit made this 'popping' noise because it didn't like what I was thinking about at the time. You see, lately my dad has been having serious mental health problems and I can't help but feel that this entity has something to do with it. So, I have been thinking about cleansing my house with white sage. At the time that this 'pop' occured, I was thinking about cleansing the house (i.e. when/how I was going to do it). It seems very plausible that this spirit made the popping noise b/c it didn't like the idea of being forced out. It may have also wanted me to know it was there (and believe me, I acknowledged it after that!). I really would love some second opinions on this situation. Has anyone else experienced this kind of thing? What kind of spirits do this and why? :S Thanks to anyone who responds!

Cornet.

#2 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

It could quite honestly be anything.

For example, my husband and I have a space heater for one of the rooms in our house because that duct work bites and the room doesn't get warm enough in the winter. When its turned on, it makes these loud popping noises for a good ten minutes. We know its going to happen, yet it scares us every time it does. Always think somethings on fire.

Remember, heaters can make weird noises. Its that time of year.

Edited by moiraesfate, 23 December 2011 - 12:37 PM.

#3 ClarinaGStudy

ClarinaGStudy

Zombie Assistant Manager Is Feeling Bitey!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,664 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:51 AM

Do you have a tv in the room or near by?  My old tv would occasionally make a crack or a pop sound when it was turned off.  Usually in the night so it could give me a big as fright as possible.

Posted Image
"True Love Is Like Ghosts, Which Everyone Talks About But Few Have Seen"
Clarina's Jewellery Designs

#4 Vlawde

Vlawde

Resident Grumpy Old Married Man Prone To Senior Moments

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,286 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:35 PM

As said above, it very likely is something normal.

Having said that, I have heard pops and/or seen sparks when activity was trying to manifest. But I doubt that it was the result of you thinking certain thoughts

Posted ImagePosted Image

Pacific Paranormal Research Association: Documenting the paranormal and providing solutions to the living and the dead (and whatever else!)

Pacific Paranormal Research Association Myspace Page

Vlawdes Myspace Page

#5 Cornet

Cornet

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:02 AM

Thank you for the replies everyone!... I have since heard the pop 2 more times since I posted and still cannot figure out where it is coming from or what is causing it... I do not have any kind of electrical device in my room (that is where the sound seems to come from) b/c I am just home for the holidays visiting my parents (thus, none of my things are here- lol). I have also asked my parents if they have heard this sound and neither of them have. I just find it strange that it started happening when I came home...

#6 ExtremeVisionParaVlogger

ExtremeVisionParaVlogger

Orb

• GS Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:18 AM

you can use 2 recorders to try to locate the proximity of the noise. One on one side and one on the other....when you hear it see which one is closer. then start them in again in the closer location and see which direction they're coming from.
I am the Paranormal Entertainer extraordinaire!
VV  Check out my work  VV
Vlog(youtube channel)-CLICK
Blog (Blog also contains all vlogs)-CLICK

#7 Nort Thalem

Nort Thalem

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:37 PM

I would typicaly write this off as the house settling, but if your intuition is correct, there could be other forces at work (Dont let what I say plant a suggestion in your head though). If it was paranormal in nature, just about any kind off spirit could have produced such a sound.

Now, you woke up to the sound on one occasion, have you heard it anytime at all when you were wide awake and working on another task, lets say at least an hour after waking up and your mind wasnt "zoned out" thinking about something else as you worked? Have you ever woken up and been temporarily unable to move, or for that matter seen anything seemingly paranormal immediatley after waking up? You probably realize by now I'm asking if you are prone to "Old Hag Syndrome", night terrors, etc. Such events can occur when you've woken up and opened your eyes before your body has finished deactivating it's sleep mode, while the brain continues to impose things into your visual and audio field.

I am prone to it myself, and on rare occasions, usually in the morning, Ill see apparitions my brain is generating. Mostly though I get bursts of sound that I can tell are in my head, audio that is imposed to sound like I'm hearing it through my ears is very rare for me. If you beleive your sensing something, its very possible you are. I tend to get thougts that I'm sensing things, though I dont pay them much mind anymore since they seem to be a nightime paranoia I get. I dont know if I'm any more psychic than your average person, but I have had some experiences that tell me such senses do exist. Mostly I pick up tv shows that will play soon becasue for some reason I start thinking of an episode in particular, usually I dont reconize the premonition until the tv show starts playing the scenes I was thinking of. While I cant call this a legitimate psychic perception; I seem to get a strong sense that some places I visit are "silenced", as if it's clean of any paranormal presence or posability, no threats present, etc. I dont get this in my own home though, not even the brand new one we moved into, where I get the sense that "paranromal activity is possbile, though not neccesarily present".

Back on subject though, I'm not sure about spirits picking up on your thoughts. I will admit that I get alot of pops from my tv or other settling equipment that freak me out because they almost seem to be responses to my thoughts, so I know what you mean there. If you ever feel ssomething negative though, try turning on the tv or a radio, it always seems to break up the thoughts and negative feeling for me.

Edited by Nort Thalem, 08 January 2012 - 06:24 PM.

#8 spooki

spooki

EVP

• GS Member
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, zombie movies, photography, art

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:58 AM

There was one case I was working over the summer where we had photos and video evidence of electrical arcing that I personally believe was something trying to manifest. While there was no sound in my particular instance I could see exactly that type of sound in this type of thing

That said, the majority of the time it is something natural. To be safe I would have an electrician check things so that you don't have a fire or anything :)

The Okinawa Paranormal Files

~ Respecting the Past and Looking to the Future~

Find us on Facebook!

#9 trin

trin

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:10 PM

animals in the walls can be very quiet and only occasionally make a noise...
there can be LOTS of ordinary things that can either cause a noise or cause the perception of a noise when there wasn't an actual sound.
(or make a normal sound sound different that it regularly would.)

#10 shonalynn

shonalynn

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts
  • Interests:Nachos, beer, football.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:37 AM

I agree that it could be something completely natural, but if doing a cleansing with sage eases your mind a little then maybe try it. Just remember that a cleansing does not guarantee the spirit, if it is one, will move on.

Edited by shonalynn, 11 January 2012 - 06:38 AM.

I'm on Facebook!

#11 trin

trin

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

I just wouldn't want someone to rely on saging when the real issue might be something easily fixable by mechanical means... and if the problem might be a physical dangerous issue like electrical problems .

#12 Cornet

Cornet

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:03 AM

View PostNort Thalem, on 07 January 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

I would typicaly write this off as the house settling, but if your intuition is correct, there could be other forces at work (Dont let what I say plant a suggestion in your head though). If it was paranormal in nature, just about any kind off spirit could have produced such a sound.

Now, you woke up to the sound on one occasion, have you heard it anytime at all when you were wide awake and working on another task, lets say at least an hour after waking up and your mind wasnt "zoned out" thinking about something else as you worked? Have you ever woken up and been temporarily unable to move, or for that matter seen anything seemingly paranormal immediatley after waking up? You probably realize by now I'm asking if you are prone to "Old Hag Syndrome", night terrors, etc. Such events can occur when you've woken up and opened your eyes before your body has finished deactivating it's sleep mode, while the brain continues to impose things into your visual and audio field.

I am prone to it myself, and on rare occasions, usually in the morning, Ill see apparitions my brain is generating. Mostly though I get bursts of sound that I can tell are in my head, audio that is imposed to sound like I'm hearing it through my ears is very rare for me. If you beleive your sensing something, its very possible you are. I tend to get thougts that I'm sensing things, though I dont pay them much mind anymore since they seem to be a nightime paranoia I get. I dont know if I'm any more psychic than your average person, but I have had some experiences that tell me such senses do exist. Mostly I pick up tv shows that will play soon becasue for some reason I start thinking of an episode in particular, usually I dont reconize the premonition until the tv show starts playing the scenes I was thinking of. While I cant call this a legitimate psychic perception; I seem to get a strong sense that some places I visit are "silenced", as if it's clean of any paranormal presence or posability, no threats present, etc. I dont get this in my own home though, not even the brand new one we moved into, where I get the sense that "paranromal activity is possbile, though not neccesarily present".

Back on subject though, I'm not sure about spirits picking up on your thoughts. I will admit that I get alot of pops from my tv or other settling equipment that freak me out because they almost seem to be responses to my thoughts, so I know what you mean there. If you ever feel ssomething negative though, try turning on the tv or a radio, it always seems to break up the thoughts and negative feeling for me.

Hello!
To answer your question, yes I have experienced those kinds of things (i.e waking up and not able to move, etc); however, I did hear this noise when I was wide awake as well. Thank you very much for your insight, though :) I will be sure to remember to turn on the TV/radiio if ever I feel negativity again

Thank you to everyone who has responded. Perhaps these occurences were just an electrical mishap, but perhaps they weren't. I suppose there is no real way to know- lol. With that said, I am no longer at my parent's house so I am not experiencing this anymore; so hopefully I don't have to worry about it again!

#13 trin

trin

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:33 AM

I thought of this thread this morning... I was woken up by my cordless phone going "pop... pop...pop...."  Forgot to put it back on the charger last night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users