• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Omen

Omen

Orb

• GS Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:14 AM

In the past I have been broken as a person by events beyond my control.  These events include betrayal by my sister to my family and myself, the torture and murder of a close friend, seeing another friend lifeless hanging from a tree, seeing and trying to live through the carnage of others' deep rage and hatred and having so many lost in a short period of time.

Many years ago, during a very dark time - after my sister's betrayal and after my friend was tortured and slain, I hit my lowest point... the only time I contemplated ending my life - I was 17 at the time.... I ran away, and tumbled onto a train track... I could hear the train in the distance and was waiting for the inevitable...this is a path I have and will never walk down again.

Then a voice clear as day said to me "Go home"

To this day, I do not know where this voice came from or why it even cared about me... but, I did, I went home - got home bleeding and bruised, a broken person in the physical, mental and spiritual sense.

Then something started to change - I became stronger each day, even when the darkness returned, I got stronger.

I did not just survive, I started to live.

It is amazing how strong we can be, often when we have no other choice (my favourite saying)

#2 Ms. Tify

Ms. Tify

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, art, scrapbooking, listening to loud music, reading, photography, writing, are you still reading this? Seriously?

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:51 AM

First, I just wanted to say that I think you are a very courageous person to have gone through all that you have, and kept moving forward.  

I'm not sure how to answer your question, it is quite complicated.  I think whether or not you can rise above tragedy and still find grace in this life depends on the type of person you are, and the choices you make.  

However, sometimes we are helped by the divine, and I believe this is what you have experienced.  Once you have felt that touch of light in your soul, it changes you for the better.  All one can do afterward is help spread that light to others who need it.  

I am glad to know you heard that voice, and listened to it.
Life's a match in a gas tank, don't ever mourn the ebbing tide, just dance on fire and enjoy the ride.

#3 Omen

Omen

Orb

• GS Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:22 AM

Thank you for the kind words.

I have never really seen myself as courageous, but rather as a person who is following this path due to not having any other choice = I have faced the alternative and never will go there again.

#4 spooki

spooki

EVP

• GS Member
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, zombie movies, photography, art

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:55 PM

Very inspiring story Omen :)  I absolutely love the quote. I had an experience somewhat similar when i was about 17 also. While I wasn't in quite as dark of times i did have something hold me back from a tragic end, one in which 2 of my friends died and I most likely would have also. While I cannot explain why or how something made me stay behind to this day, it really has opened my eyes up to the fact that maybe I have some purpose here.. or something I need to do or learn or... something lol. I have pondered on that for quite a bit of my life actually. I think that you too have something big ahead :)

The Okinawa Paranormal Files

~ Respecting the Past and Looking to the Future~

Find us on Facebook!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users