Renovation Fun

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Masquerade

Masquerade

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Family, friends, ghosts, learning new things, reading, photography, nature.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

We're renovating our house, an old Queen Anne.  I knew it was haunted before we bought it.  I'm often attracted to haunted places, and this house was pulling me like a magnet.  It wasn't for sale the first time I drove passed it but I kept telling my hubby I wanted the house.  When we started looking to buy, the house went on the market about a month into our search.  I jumped on it and here we are.  We've been living in and working on it for four years.  

We've had quite a lot of experiences while living here  and I'm often curious just how many spirits stop by to visit because when we're really plugging along, crazy stuff happens:  Missing items, shadows, hearing footsteps walking up and down the hall, voices, cigar smoke in the room I was working in...yuck! watching doorknobs turn and doors open when nobody is there, whistling in the basement, loud noises you can't find a reason for, knowing someone else is in the room with you and so on.  

My favortie encounter happened last fall.  I couldn't sleep and was sitting in bed with my laptop on my lap, reading.  I kept seeing a shadow moving in the hallway but didn't see anyone out there.  Then I saw movement in the doorway and looked up to see the outline of a man's upper body and arm, leaning into the room.  I jumped but the funny thing was he jumped too and pulled back out of the doorway.  Just then I heard an ungodly yell that actually freaked me out more than the man.  I jumped out of bed, ran to the doorway and found our cat all tensed up and staring at the area where the man had been.  I searched the other rooms but didn't find anyone

Anyone else have renovation activity stories?

#2 Ghuoest

Ghuoest

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Waiting for the Great Pumpkin

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

That's just funny. Your type of incident makes me wonder if maybe it was a case of timelines intersecting or maybe something like in the movie "The Others."

#3 Masquerade

Masquerade

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Family, friends, ghosts, learning new things, reading, photography, nature.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

View PostGhuoest, on 29 February 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

That's just funny. Your type of incident makes me wonder if maybe it was a case of timelines intersecting or maybe something like in the movie "The Others."

Living here, I sometimes wonder if that isn't the case.  I know the ghost who was here when we bought the house was aware of and interacted with us but we also got the feeling that she was still going about her "life" in her time.  Seeing things the way they were when she was alive.  

I could be totally wrong but I feel if she's hung around the house this long and was able to see the true state the house is in, she wouldn't be as happy as she seemed to be or she was wearing very thick rose colored glasses ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users