Free Skins
© Fisana

Can You Dream Of Your Soul Mate Before You Meet Them?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Cornet

Cornet

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

Hi everyone,
Been a while since I posted, but I must get your opinions on whether it is possible to meet your soul mate in a dream before meeting them in "real life". I ask because not too long ago I was in a very dark place emotionally and I asked for help to anyone who would listen. Later that night I had a very peculiar dream and idk if it was b/c I was so upset & my subconscious stepped in or b/c of something unknown/paranormal.
Basically, in the dream, I was with a man who I knew was my soul mate & we were very much in love. Although, he told me in the dream that he was not alive in this life anymore and was already on "the other side" because of a tragedy. He even gave me his name which was very odd- I believe it was Taylor Macleod. In the dream I met his mother and asked her about him and she told me about how he died a few years ago. As the dream progressed, Taylor and I were walking hand in hand near a field and I saw my dog come up from behind us(she has been dead for several months now) and start talking to me. I remember she was very distressed and told me not to forget her and that she was very worried that I would and that she was visiting me just to tell me that... I remember hugging her and telling her I never would and reassured her of my love for her. That was when Taylor started to disappear to the point that only his hand was left. He was telling me in my mind that he had to leave me now and we held hands very tightly as I said 'goodbye'. It was at this point that I woke up. And usually I am used to waking up from such strange dreams with my blankets being a mess and all over the floor, but when I woke up from this dream I was actually tucked perfectly in bed. :/
Regardless of what the dream actually was about, it made me think about a lot. What are your thoughts on meeting your soul mate in a dream?

Cornet

#2 blizabeth

blizabeth

Apport

• GS Member
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, aliens, cryptids, books, comics, video games, movies about comics and video games, giant robots, cats, the ocean, the color aqua, travel, and various other geeky things.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:51 AM

My mom dreamt of my stepfather and his family years before she met him. They're in the process of getting divorced after 14 years of marriage, but I digress. She dreams stuff before it happens all the time.
Posted Image

"Like a boomerang thrown by a vengeful ghost on a carousel, unwanted hair always returns." - Random quote on laser hair removal ad

#3 the_gray_jester

the_gray_jester

Maniacal Metalhead

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Parapsychology, Metal music, Photography, Writing, reading, and investigating.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

Well,  dreams are a very intersting subject. Technicaly nobody in your dream has a face.   everybody in a dream is faceless and nameless until you subconciously link them to someone.  The strangers in your dreams are actualy people you have seen in your life.  maybe just passing them by on the street one time 20 years ago.  and then after you wake up, your conciouse mind will try to piece together what you saw and experianced.  so you had a dream about someone who cared greatly for you, but after you saw them, they reminded you of the being in your dream, and you sort of linked the two together.  Its an incredible science that is making huge bounds :).

i hope this has helped.  I'm sure there are many who dissagree with me, but its what i have studied.
Posted Image

#4 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

I didn't. But he is my soul mate, my great love, and the most wonderful man I've ever met.

We knew each other online for two years before we met face to face, and when we did it was like lightning struck. Never ever have I had that reaction to a guy before or since. I got off that bus and he met me in the terminal. I looked at him, whispered his name, and jumped into his arms to kiss him. That was 11 years ago.

We got married June 17, 2006 in a small ceremony back in Canada in a park with maybe 15 of my family and friends attending, his couldn't make it because it was another country and it cost too much.

April 8, 2008, I moved from Canada to the US to be with him.

Life wouldn't be life without him in it.

#5 Cornet

Cornet

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:38 PM

Thank you for all of the feedback everyone :)

#6 trin

trin

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

Um, maybe this is a weird idea... but I've seen friends be devastated about not finding their One True Love, or that a relationship they thought was their Soul Mate turned out to be a mess....

Is it remotely possible that people generally have several possible/probable soulmates that they may encounter in life (or never meet) rather than just The ONE?

#7 Ghuoest

Ghuoest

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Interests:Waiting for the Great Pumpkin

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:31 AM

View Posttrin, on 19 March 2012 - 06:31 PM, said:

Um, maybe this is a weird idea... but I've seen friends be devastated about not finding their One True Love, or that a relationship they thought was their Soul Mate turned out to be a mess....

Is it remotely possible that people generally have several possible/probable soulmates that they may encounter in life (or never meet) rather than just The ONE?

If it is, i think out of those, there are some that would have only one or none.

#8 HauntedMallyPryde

HauntedMallyPryde

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

Hi :) Just wanted to share that I have psychic tendencies, and I had a brief revelation of the initials of my soul mate and his face. I forgot about it for a while, but after 10 months of dating my fiancee I made the connection, that this was the someone of importance I had seen.

So, I think, yes :) you can either dream or envision your soul mate, perhaps before you even meet, as I did.
If only life tasted like tea...

#9 Vlawde

Vlawde

Resident Grumpy Old Married Man Prone To Senior Moments

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,147 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

I don't believe we have just one "soulmate"  I don't know that I even believe in a soulmate per se. I do think we have many options far as finding "the one".

How many of us have been sure we found that person, then down the road things didn't work out and we found another person that..at least at the time...was the "soulmate"

Posted ImagePosted Image

Pacific Paranormal Research Association: Documenting the paranormal and providing solutions to the living and the dead (and whatever else!)

Pacific Paranormal Research Association Myspace Page

Vlawdes Myspace Page

#10 crush13

crush13

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:52 AM

View PostCornet, on 18 March 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

Hi everyone,
Been a while since I posted, but I must get your opinions on whether it is possible to meet your soul mate in a dream before meeting them in "real life". I ask because not too long ago I was in a very dark place emotionally and I asked for help to anyone who would listen. Later that night I had a very peculiar dream and idk if it was b/c I was so upset & my subconscious stepped in or b/c of something unknown/paranormal.
Basically, in the dream, I was with a man who I knew was my soul mate & we were very much in love. Although, he told me in the dream that he was not alive in this life anymore and was already on "the other side" because of a tragedy. He even gave me his name which was very odd- I believe it was Taylor Macleod. In the dream I met his mother and asked her about him and she told me about how he died a few years ago. As the dream progressed, Taylor and I were walking hand in hand near a field and I saw my dog come up from behind us(she has been dead for several months now) and start talking to me. I remember she was very distressed and told me not to forget her and that she was very worried that I would and that she was visiting me just to tell me that... I remember hugging her and telling her I never would and reassured her of my love for her. That was when Taylor started to disappear to the point that only his hand was left. He was telling me in my mind that he had to leave me now and we held hands very tightly as I said 'goodbye'. It was at this point that I woke up. And usually I am used to waking up from such strange dreams with my blankets being a mess and all over the floor, but when I woke up from this dream I was actually tucked perfectly in bed. :/
Regardless of what the dream actually was about, it made me think about a lot. What are your thoughts on meeting your soul mate in a dream?

Cornet
Yes I think you can I have had dreams that I can see in to the future or when I am fully awake I can see whats going to happen next it only happens once in a while

Hi everyone,

Cornet
Yes I think you can I have had dreams that I can see in to the future or when I am fully awake I can see whats going to happen next it only happens once in a while

#11 Cornet

Cornet

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

Thank you everyone for your responses! Very insightful indeed

#12 brokenhearted88

brokenhearted88

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:04 PM

Hi everyone,

Cornet
Once reading your story tears just started dropping from my eyes I know how you feel I had a dream about 5 days ago I've had died and I walked out this church and there waiting for me was a man in a black suit. I walked up too him and he said ''I've been waiting for you for so long Justin'' Then he opened his hands and he had a ring he placed it on my finger and he told me we will never be apart again my love then he kissed me and I woke up he lied when i woke up he was gone. I've been a mess for 6 years now single have not had a bf nothing I am a gay male who is big living in nyc being big and gay is a crime here. When I had that dream i knew my soulmate was no longer in the living world it kills me that I have to wait to be with him I sometimes think of just ending it and being with him. What is the point of living with out love. I found your story on google and it clicked thank you for sharing this. peace and love to you

#13 Menet

Menet

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

A very romantic notion, but I like it.
The ultimate test of skepticism is questioning your own beliefs-attributed to Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) Mathematician & Astronomer

#14 Safire973GStudy

Safire973GStudy

Pooky's Guardian/Board Tech

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:30 AM

I would hope this world and the powers that be wouldn't be harsh enough to allow you to dream of your "soul mate" who's already deceased....kinda mean, no?

I do believe that certain people dream of people or events before they ever happen in reality.
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

Posted Image

Torn by the storms in my head
Like a victim of fate
Born to regret
Still denied by the spirits of hell
A call to repent
Til the visions still stand in silence

#15 messageinabottle

messageinabottle

Apport

• GS Member
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Law Enforcement, Military, Ghost Study/Paranormal, Fitness, Spirituality, Culinary, Shooting, Martial Arts, Video Games

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

I remember the first time I spoke to my ex-fiance. I was in a very dark place in my life and hoenstly? He intimidated me. But when he spoke to me, I just clicked with him. It was wierd because even though some may say we connected "too fast", it just felt....natural....like we just knew each other without knowing much about each other. Wolves were his favorite animal and I always like wolves growing up as a kid so a month after we met (kid you not), he got a half-sleeve of a tribal wolf and I got two wolf paws tattoo'd on me. They both looked right on our skin.

Sadly...neither of us shouldn't have been in a relationship and it ended up to be very emotionally toxic. He left me 3 years ago and I've never heard from him again. I tried looking for him but...nothing.

I tried going into other relationships but....the way we connected, I haven't felt that way with anyone else. It's been a hard, long, painful road

I just hope I can meet someone that will make me feel the way he did and then he'd just be a distant memory. :cwy:
Posted Image

#16 priestessblue

priestessblue

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:54 PM

View Postmoiraesfate, on 19 March 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

I didn't. But he is my soul mate, my great love, and the most wonderful man I've ever met.

We knew each other online for two years before we met face to face, and when we did it was like lightning struck. Never ever have I had that reaction to a guy before or since. I got off that bus and he met me in the terminal. I looked at him, whispered his name, and jumped into his arms to kiss him. That was 11 years ago.

We got married June 17, 2006 in a small ceremony back in Canada in a park with maybe 15 of my family and friends attending, his couldn't make it because it was another country and it cost too much.

April 8, 2008, I moved from Canada to the US to be with him.

Life wouldn't be life without him in it.
Geeze, what a story! Congrats.
[font="Tahoma"]I'm one of those regular weird people.
Janis Joplin

#17 GRAVEYARD HOUND

GRAVEYARD HOUND

Ectoplasm

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, general and specific, collecting art, exotic cars,edged weapons/fire arms, occult books, travel, cruises esp., Middle Ages, no not mine, painting, am an artist, well sorta, women, no I'm not gay, Anything else, ask.BTW, Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, researcher in "paranormal" "things" as well as "darker "arts".

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

First. I don't agree with the notion of "soul mates", never have. As for dreaming about someone that you feel will be or is your soul mate, being that dreams last only2or3 seconds and take place at specific wave lenght,in the brain, nice thought of having that one person, just don't let the need or thinking you have met, cloud your judgement of what is really there.
" No, I don't know what is wrong. Hell, if I did know, do you honestly think I'd be trying to find a real witch to give me some valid information"?

#18 Beatlefish

Beatlefish

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Interests:ghosts, music, tv, reading ghost stories, conspiracy theories, real life mysteries.

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

Very strange you should post this. I have had it cross my mind more than once that my guy is not alive now.

There was a silly thing I read about that is supposed to show you your "true love" Something about placing a stick or piece of wood in a glass of water by your bed on Halloween eve I think and you are supposed to dream of your true love saving you...didn't work for me ...I only tried it once or twice...

#19 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

View Postpriestessblue, on 18 August 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

Geeze, what a story! Congrats.

Oops, I'm sorry, I totally missed this reply.

Thanks. :) There's so much more to it, you wouldn't believe. It's actually incredibly romantic and would take forever to type out. I swear, my life has been like a bad soap opera ever since I was born. I always say that, if I could write it all down, it would be a best seller.

#20 Sbug261

Sbug261

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

Soul mate. Maybe our soulmate. Is not another person maybe when we are incarnated into this life our energy is split because this body can not contain all of it with out causing damage or inhibiting us from doing or learning what it  is we are here to do what if the soulmate is the other part of ourself still on the other side that we rejoin with when we receive our life review

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users