#1 wiccanman

wiccanman

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Martial arts, The Paranormal and Airsoft

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

I put our new trail cam in the kitchen (had been testing it in the garden) and it moves! we have all been stumped by it! Any ideas?

Mark

I'm not a complete idiot!

Some parts are missing!

#2 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:35 AM

Did this just happen once? .. or does it happen often? If just once, maybe the tripod head was not locked tightly and shifted. If the tripod and head are secure, and this happens often, then try a different tripod and see if it still happens. Also you could get another camera and film the trail cam on it's tripod and see if that might reveal what is going on.

#3 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

Loose connection between the tripod and the camera. Possibly caused by moving it while it was attached to the tripod.

Edited by moiraesfate, 25 April 2012 - 05:32 PM.

#4 wiccanman

wiccanman

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Martial arts, The Paranormal and Airsoft

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

thanks guys for your responses,

Checked everything, everything was done up tight, all the legs were spread out, the camera was securely screwed to the tripod.
I like your suggestion snowlord, I shall set it up again this evening in the same spot and see if it moves again and if it does ill set out a second camera.
Still remains a mystery, any more ideas?

Mark
I'm not a complete idiot!

Some parts are missing!

#5 valpro99

valpro99

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Full time UNIX Admin for Wall Street Firm and part time UH-60 Blackhawk pilot for New Jersey Army National Guard. Deployed to Iraq.

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

View Postwiccanman, on 25 April 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

thanks guys for your responses,

Checked everything, everything was done up tight, all the legs were spread out, the camera was securely screwed to the tripod.
I like your suggestion snowlord, I shall set it up again this evening in the same spot and see if it moves again and if it does ill set out a second camera.
Still remains a mystery, any more ideas?

Mark

How bout including a few shots of the setup so we can help determine what is going on.  Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users