17 replies to this topic

#1 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,176 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:15 AM

Here's another photo that came into the GhostStudy mailbox today.

I'm looking for suggestions on what we may be looking at here. Your opinions will be quite helpful. Do you think we are looking at couple of ghosts or is the obvious motion blur contributing to an illusion?

Here's the picture

Posted Image

Here's the email from Martha
Hello,  my name is Martha, I live in El paso, TX and my family and I just returned from vacation in San Diego.  We visited the Whaley House in Old Town San Diego yesterday 7/6/2012 and as I entered the house one of my sons and I felt odd, especially when we entered the Theater Room.  I had been taking pictures with my iPhone through out the house and took quite a few in the Theater Room with my kids and without.  It wasn't until we were on our way back to the hotel that I noticed what I had captured.  If you look on the right side of the picture you can see a young boy sitting in the chair and there also seems to be a little girl sitting behind him.  Until I saw the picture I thought the dizziness and shortness of breath I felt in this room was all in our heads.  Now I see that it wasn't.  I looked through the other pictures I took of the room and only this picture captured the images.  

Here's the Close-up
Posted Image

There is no wrong answer here.. all opinions will be appreciated.   ;)

#2 Eclectic420

Eclectic420

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:37 AM

Greetings,

Jim, I'm gonna have to go with what is apparent. Even though it was taken in a well reputed haunted location. This looks like nothing but motion blur to me. Even the possible apparitions, are so blurred that to me, they could be anything in or out of frame that blurred due to movement.

Blessings,

Posted Image

"a person can be so open minded, that they infact are close minded."-ME

"Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate"-William of Ockham (Ockham's razor)

My MySpace Page - Add Me If You Like

The Eclectic Mind

#3 Clarina1980

Clarina1980

Vortex

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,721 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:40 AM

I'm sure what seems to be eyes is just an illusion caused by the holes in the chairs and motion blur, outlined in red.  There also seems to be another very similar face underneath outlined in blue.

Attached File  aaaaa.jpg   130.92K   19 downloads
"True Love Is Like Ghosts, Which Everyone Talks About But Few Have Seen"

#4 Guest_SilentWalkerGStudy_*

Guest_SilentWalkerGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:26 AM

I also agree that it is just an illusion created by motion blur, it looks like the photo was taken using night shot which can cause this effect.

#5 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:55 AM

For once, I am with the majority on this.  Motion blur.  ~nods~
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#6 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,176 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:26 AM

I agree... I see four people in the photo and I too feel that a combination of the motion blur and bright sunlight has created these ghost images of the people.

The alien looking guy is so freaky though!

I have squared off the heads of the four people in the photo for reference points.

Posted Image

#7 rubydrake

rubydrake

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

What a creepy photo!

But I am with all of ya on this, I think it's motion blur too...

#8 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:56 AM

One more for motion blur.

#9 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,972 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

Blur indeed, looks like the "eyes" are a blur of those slots in the back of the seats
Posted Image

#10 valpro99

valpro99

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Full time UNIX Admin for Wall Street Firm and part time UH-60 Blackhawk pilot for New Jersey Army National Guard. Deployed to Iraq.

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

Fact or Faked debunked some pictures from this place and I remember all the rooms were behind plexiglass.  I'm sure the glass had a contributing factor creating the bazaar images.

#11 Ms. Tify

Ms. Tify

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, art, scrapbooking, listening to loud music, reading, photography, writing, are you still reading this? Seriously?

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:21 AM

I do understand the picture is blurry, and I agree.

However, I get a feeling from this photo.  Even before I saw the figure in question, at first glance, my hair stood on end.  Something is weird about this location, maybe it wasn't captured on film, but I feel like something is there.

Just my humble opinion.
Life's a match in a gas tank, don't ever mourn the ebbing tide, just dance on fire and enjoy the ride.

#12 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

Well, we all know that I'm trying to learn more about photography.   I actually thought it was an app.   It didn't look real to me.   That's the thing about trying to capture "ghosts" on film.   Is it even possible?   Wonder about it all the time.   For a really good reason.   Not everyone sees them.    Two people can be standing in close proximity.    One experiences the paranormal event (apparition) yet the other doesn't.    Now you can laugh about it and make some mental health comments but after living with this condition for years, I'm pretty level headed with decades of experience  (laughs).

Not everyone sees them.   Can you take a picture of something not everyone sees?    I just gotta wonder about it.    I kinda think everyone thinks it can happen.   Hopes it can happen.   Will happen.    But I'm not always so sure although if Jim would blow that picture up to a 8 x 10 portrait size print that white anomaly might position itself more realistically in that shot.   I think it's called DoF and circle of confusion.    Really.

ps:  no offense to you, Ms. Tify.   I'm not that kind of sensitive but some people are.    Feelings are difficult for me to make sense of although I do know people, a few people, who define their experiences that way.    I cannot do that....it's a limitation that I have.   I don't want to.    Posted Image

Edited by Menet, 12 July 2012 - 01:18 PM.

#13 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,972 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

I agree Menet ,for the exact reasons you mentioned.
Posted Image

#14 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:21 PM

View PostVlawde, on 12 July 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

I agree Menet ,for the exact reasons you mentioned.

Thanks, Vlawde.    I'm glad someone else wonders about it.   Posted Image

#15 Ms. Tify

Ms. Tify

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, art, scrapbooking, listening to loud music, reading, photography, writing, are you still reading this? Seriously?

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:32 AM

No offense taken, Menet. I do get feelings from photos, locations, and even people.  The older I get the more I notice them.  I don't question them anymore, it's just a part of who I am.  It still suprises me sometimes, something will happen and I will think to myself "How could I have possibly known that?"  

I know most people don't experience this sort of thing, and I accept that.  I like to call those people "muggles."  

:ashamed0002:
Life's a match in a gas tank, don't ever mourn the ebbing tide, just dance on fire and enjoy the ride.

#16 Guest_GhostWhispers_*

Guest_GhostWhispers_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

I'm not sure what to think of this, it lookes blurry but it also gives me the creeps by looking at it. Faces seem to appear which makes me not know. Never was good at picking up ghosts since I'm a beginner in all of this. However the photo lookes rather blurry and difficult for me to decide. Maybe it's the camera, who knows.

#17 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,176 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

View PostMs. Tify, on 12 July 2012 - 05:21 AM, said:

I do understand the picture is blurry, and I agree.

However, I get a feeling from this photo.  Even before I saw the figure in question, at first glance, my hair stood on end.  Something is weird about this location, maybe it wasn't captured on film, but I feel like something is there.

Just my humble opinion.

Maybe it's just the location and possibly that room, Ms. Tify. The Whaley House is well known as a haunted location.

#18 marilsolstice

marilsolstice

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:50 PM

View PostEclectic420, on 08 July 2012 - 12:37 AM, said:

Greetings,

Jim, I'm gonna have to go with what is apparent. Even though it was taken in a well reputed haunted location. This looks like nothing but motion blur to me. Even the possible apparitions, are so blurred that to me, they could be anything in or out of frame that blurred due to movement.

Blessings,

i totally agree with you there!  :good:
“You cut up a thing that's alive and beautiful to find out how it's alive and why it's beautiful, and before you know it, it's neither of those things, and you're standing there with blood on your face and tears in your sight and only the terrible ache of guilt to show for it.”

~Clive Barker

=========

Share your paranormal activities and join overnight investigations @ http://booalert.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users