Free Skins
© Fisana

Is Ghost Hunters International Coming Back?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Claire

Claire

Living Dead

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts
  • Interests:Photography, painting and ghosthunting!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

I can't find anything about a new season yet I remember them showing previews for GHI during the last episode of Ghost Hunters.
Posted Image
"We all go a little mad sometimes."  Norman Bates

#2 clinsey

clinsey

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

I checked syfy.com and it sounds like it "might" be canceled.  Nothing new has been taped since last October, but nobody is really saying it's canceled for sure.  Doesn't sound very good for them, though.

#3 Vlawde

Vlawde

Resident Grumpy Old Married Man Prone To Senior Moments

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,321 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

They've been introducing so many new paranormal shows, I wouldn't be surprised
If it is gone, taps would be wise to bring Barry over, sice Grant is gone....maybe kris as well

Edited by Vlawde, 11 July 2012 - 06:11 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Pacific Paranormal Research Association: Documenting the paranormal and providing solutions to the living and the dead (and whatever else!)

Pacific Paranormal Research Association Myspace Page

Vlawdes Myspace Page

#4 chips1310

chips1310

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:All things spooky

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:44 PM

Always a program i enjoyed would love to see it back on our screens
Ignorance is refusing to believe what we dont understand

#5 Vlawde

Vlawde

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,321 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:44 AM

GHI always struck me as kind of boring, aside from some of the cool places they went. I got the feeling they were more there for the location and history and legends than actual paranormal evidence.
  Many of us know from experience that a good chunk of investigations are not going to turn up any evidence and can be boring, maybe it was the personalities on that show. Even with Taps, if they turned up nothing it was more fun to watch because the people involved were more entertaining and charismatic.
  I do think Sy Fy is going overboard with all the paranormal shows lately....Haunted Highway, School Spirits etc

Posted ImagePosted Image

Pacific Paranormal Research Association: Documenting the paranormal and providing solutions to the living and the dead (and whatever else!)

Vlawdes Myspace Page

#6 Menet

Menet

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

I hope not.   You're right Vlawde, "overboard w/all the paranormal shows".    I enjoyed it for quite a length of time (novel idea).   The personalities were great.   You hit it on the head.    TIME OUT!!   I haven't watched anything for years now, so when Murder House came on, I had a good time with that.   That was fun and I do hope they play that out with different haunted houses.

Sorry, Claire.   I didn't mean to change the topic.    Join a "ghost hunting" group and have fun.   Because it can be....FUN.
The ultimate test of skepticism is questioning your own beliefs-attributed to Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) Mathematician & Astronomer

#7 Claire

Claire

Living Dead

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:00 PM

No problem, Menet!  Now you've got me curious....Murder House?  I haven't heard a word about that one.  Was it on SyFy???  Can't believe I missed that one!

And, yes, Vlawde, I would definitely agree about GHI being boring.  I'm sure that's why they brought Kris over (eye candy for the guys...he...he).  The places they got to go were spectacular.  I always thought "what a gig".  But overall pretty boring.  Still....I will miss it if its gone.

For me personally, there can't be too many paranormal shows.  I'm a fanatic and I just can't get enough.  Even Destination Truth and Haunted Highway where they never really get any hard evidence of anything....yet I MUST watch!  I think deep down I'm just really envious of these people that get to do this for a living.

Great idea, BTW, Vlawde to bring Barry and over to TAPS.  I think Barry would be a great replacement for Grant though TAPS will never be the same without him.
Posted Image

#8 Menet

Menet

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:21 AM

Hi, Clare.   The topic is, "Anyone Watching "American Horror Story" on FX.    I bumped it up top for you to see.    Hope it's back next season.
The ultimate test of skepticism is questioning your own beliefs-attributed to Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) Mathematician & Astronomer

#9 Claire

Claire

Living Dead

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

Thanks, Menet!  I'll keep an eye out for it!
Posted Image

#10 messageinabottle

messageinabottle

Apport

• GS Member
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Law Enforcement, Military, Ghost Study/Paranormal, Fitness, Spirituality, Culinary, Shooting, Martial Arts, Video Games

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:37 AM

I was really into GH when they first started out with the original crew...it wasn't until after they introduced so many other investigators when I lost interest.
Posted Image

#11 Vlawde

Vlawde

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,321 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

Just was on the Sy Fy forums. GHI has not done any filming/ Sy FY says theyw ant to try out new shows this summer. You know, the lame dramatic reenactments os ghost stories like Paranormal Witless, School Spirits etc. So far haunted Highway is lame, although I like they got Jael and Devin from Fact or Faked. Still not decided about Paranormal Collector. I find it hard to beleive that it just so happens each place they investigate has one object responsible for the activity, and that they can locate it easily. Guess it needed a gimmick to set it apart.

I like and respect John Zaffis and all he hasdone in the field, but he sint the most charismatic guy on camera.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Vlawdes Myspace Page

#12 Menet

Menet

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

Vlawde, on 25 July 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

Just was on the Sy Fy forums. GHI has not done any filming/ Sy FY says theyw ant to try out new shows this summer. You know, the lame dramatic reenactments os ghost stories like Paranormal Witless, School Spirits etc. So far haunted Highway is lame, although I like they got Jael and Devin from Fact or Faked. Still not decided about Paranormal Collector. I find it hard to beleive that it just so happens each place they investigate has one object responsible for the activity, and that they can locate it easily. Guess it needed a gimmick to set it apart.

I like and respect John Zaffis and all he hasdone in the field, but he sint the most charismatic guy on camera.

I've never seen Paranormal Collector but I do consider it highly likely that some items are "haunted" or "haunt" certain individuals and even families.    I did a Google on John Zaffis and seen he was listed as an artifact collector so I"m guessing he hosts the show Paranormal Collector.    I must admit that I'm curious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users