Tupla Effect

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 lordcactusjack

lordcactusjack

EVP

• GS Member
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. like: Stuff, stuff, and more stuff I'm to lazy to type.

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

So I admit I was researching Slender Man and found this. It seems plausible. It also reminds me of an experiment a group did to make a ghost out of beliefs and willpower alone, gave him a background and everything. Apparently it worked I don't remember the groups name, but I have seen them in a couple paranormal books. What do you guys think? (Doesn't have to be in reference to Slender Man)

read the comments too, they have some interesting thoughts

More

Thoughtform

#2 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

Hi, CatusJack!

It seems to me without reading the links (I did peek at the first) that what you are referring to was a psychology experiment.   I think Utube has it but I can't even remember what it was titled, just that I watched it.   I think when you seriously decide to study the "unknown" you have to consider things of this nature.    Scientists do consider it.    PK is of real interest to some.   Under certain circumstances, things do fly across the room, or burst into flame or pop in and out of existence.   If those facts can be attributed to one person (and they are well documented facts of a certain nature) then how can one not wonder what is actually possible when it comes to human beings.    We are very creative.    All things considered.Posted Image

The ultimate test of skepticism is questioning your own beliefs-attributed to Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) Mathematician & Astronomer

#3 wiccanman

wiccanman

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Martial arts, The Paranormal and Airsoft

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

View Postlordcactusjack, on 26 July 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

So I admit I was researching Slender Man and found this. It seems plausible. It also reminds me of an experiment a group did to make a ghost out of beliefs and willpower alone, gave him a background and everything. Apparently it worked I don't remember the groups name, but I have seen them in a couple paranormal books. What do you guys think? (Doesn't have to be in reference to Slender Man)

read the comments too, they have some interesting thoughts

More

Thoughtform

Hiya!

Here is a link to a toronto paranormal group which details the "Phillip phenomena"!
The group made up a spirit and eventually had it table tipping etc.
Very interesting stuff!
http://www.pararesea...nada-Ghost.html

Mark
I'm not a complete idiot!

Some parts are missing!

#4 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:20 AM

View Postwiccanman, on 01 August 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

Hiya!

Here is a link to a toronto paranormal group which details the "Phillip phenomena"!
The group made up a spirit and eventually had it table tipping etc.
Very interesting stuff!
http://www.pararesea...nada-Ghost.html

Mark

Hi!   That's it.   Although I beg to differ with the Owen's.   You don't get what you expect, you get what you intend.   Hey.   This is 2012.   Did you find anything on their results?
The ultimate test of skepticism is questioning your own beliefs-attributed to Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) Mathematician & Astronomer

#5 lordcactusjack

lordcactusjack

EVP

• GS Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:35 PM

Yes! that was it Phillip! Yes, I consider things like this sometimes. I'm just hoping this isn't the case with slender man otherwise we will be in BIG trouble.

#6 PIT leader

PIT leader

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal music,horror films

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:43 AM

My only issue with this theory is that if there's so many religions out there, and people can somehow "will" beings into existence, then why isn't there more activity from the Gods of these religions. I'm agnostic, so I'm open to the idea of there being a God/gods but I assume if this effect is real, they'd have a "power boost" from all the believers. Hope this makes sense.
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#7 lordcactusjack

lordcactusjack

EVP

• GS Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:38 AM

I do understand what you are saying. Some believe they don't have full influence that they would if they existed on their own.

#8 BlueRose3

BlueRose3

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:07 AM

I only went to the first link you provided and it sounds very similar to something I read back in the mid 70s.

Basically it said it was possible to create a creature (what I would call a demon) with just your thoughts. It takes a lot of brain power/imagination and determination to create one. You have to have a clear picture of what you want it to look like and the more you use your imagination/meditate on this creature the more real it will become and once it starts to take form/become more solid to you in that you can start to see it with your own eyes, the easier it is to believe it is real so it gives the demon more power to exists.  

It said that people created these demons to do their biddings and like it is mentioned, you can give this demon powers just by thinking of the powers you want it to have.  It said some people created these creature to help them with chores or spy on others, etc...  It said that no matter if these creature were created to do good or evil, in the end you will loose control of it and it will kill you.

Basically everyone is human. Even if we only had good intention in creating one and knowing you can give it any powers you wanted to, one day you will want to use it. Example: A bad man moves into town and causing bad problems for everyone in town. Making everyone's life a hell. So you keep sending this creature to scare the man until he can't take it any more and moves away.  I think it said you could also use it to kill someone.  Anyway, basically it was wrong to scare this person away even though it would have made life earlier for everyone in town.  This is when you will start to have problems with the creature. It will get stronger and will stop obeying you. It will start to get it's own personality and that's not good.  

Eventually you will become afraid of it because you know what it's abilities are so it gives it more strength and in the end you loose control of it and it will kill you because it doesn't want to be controled by you anymore.

So the book said you would most likely end up dead if you create one because once you created one it's impossible to not believe in it and so how would you be able to destroy it by not believing in it. I think it did say there was a way to get rid of it but I can't remember what it was and that it was not easy.

I believe it is possible to create something with our imagination if we truly believe we are able to do so. I believe our minds is a very powerful thing that we have not learned to control yet.

Like maybe some poltergeist hauntings are caused by someone in the house.  Something happens and someone in the house starts thinking there may be a ghost. Usually a haunting starts slowly and with time builds up. Thinking the house is haunted (believing this creature/demon/ghost is real) you are creating this poltergeist and so giving it more power and the more afraid of it you are also gives it more power. To be afraid of something you have to believe it is real so believing it to be real gives it more power (making it more real).  The only way to get rid of it is to truly believe that the method you use will destroy it or send it away to never return. If you don't believe in the method then it will not work.

Some times the method will work for a little while but then something will happen and you will doubt that it is really gone so then the haunting starts all over again.  

Like voodoo and curses...... they say it will work only if you believe in it....

I believe the mind is a very powerful thing and some people have leaned this and use it to their advantage, usually for personal gain and for power.  Even in the Bible it says something like if you truly believe you can move a mountain with your mind.  

Hummm... I'm going to start to believe that the next time I dig a hole outside I will find a very old object that will be worth millions. LOL....

Edited by BlueRose3, 12 August 2012 - 06:16 AM.

#9 Ghuoest

Ghuoest

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Waiting for the Great Pumpkin

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

View PostBlueRose3, on 12 August 2012 - 06:07 AM, said:

Like voodoo and curses...... they say it will work only if you believe in it....

That's what who says though? Have they ever done an extensive study on it? I can't say i agree with it or disagree. I can see skeptics saying that. It could be applied to other things that doesn't have solid proof. Take ghosts for example. Or better yet, as mentioned in this thread, the "Philip phenomena." People believe in it therefore they exist? You could argue that there are skeptics that have become believers. Though, they would have had first hand experience for them to change their minds. What about curses? How often does the victim knows that s/he has been cursed?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users