jimmynut22

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

LINK TO VIDEO

I love this forum!!!

Story behind the video:
This video was submitted to us by the hotel security manager who was standing watch on September 14, 2003 at a WINGATE HOTEL in Illinois. His voice can be heard in the background of the recording.

According to him, people staying at the hotel began calling in noise complaints to the front desk with reports of loud screaming coming from the 2nd floor--particularly room #209. There is no known history to the room according to our investigation. However, upon further review, we found that over the years, multiple complaints of "strange noises" were reported to be coming from the room. This is the only known recording of it.

Attached Files

Edited by jimmynut22, 05 September 2012 - 04:22 PM.

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Resident Grumpy Old Married Man Prone To Senior Moments

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,467 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

I can hear the screams. I also noticed the hall light briefly dim, which is possibly just a short. Far as the light colored shape moving out from the room, the guy was in there waving his flashlight around, so it could be from  that. But take all the things together, very interesting, assuming the video isnt hoaxed, and the room damage is real

Posted ImagePosted Image

Pacific Paranormal Research Association: Documenting the paranormal and providing solutions to the living and the dead (and whatever else!)

Pacific Paranormal Research Association Myspace Page

Vlawdes Myspace Page

#3 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

OMG, that's creepy. Really creepy. I work in hotels so that's doubly creepy.

#4 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Interests:Anything I find Bizarre, paranormal, drawing, coloring, chatting, games, listening about peoples lives, there's probably a bunch of other things that I can't think of at the moment.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

:( I wish we could of seen the inside of the room.  And why didn't he just turn on the lights in the room? Why a flashlight? If someone was hiding in the dark, they could of jumped out and grabbed him.
Bazinga!

#5 SarahB1863

SarahB1863

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

Intriguing, but I too find it odd that the guy used a flashlight to look around - the electricity was obviously working, so why not just flip on the lights?

The ghostly figure looks a little TOO ghostly - it could easily have been added using image-editing software. I mean, it LOOKS like a stereotypical ghost - blobby figure, trailing back end like the back of a sheet, etc.  Too tidy.

Also, this incident happened in 2003 - why are we only hearing about it now? If a ghost really did rip up that room, I would imagine that there would photos and other reports of this incident somewhere on the Internet. That's odd too.

I dunno. It would be very cool if it were true, but without coraborrating evidence - photos, eyewitness accounts, etc. - the skeptic in me thinks some bored hotel employees are having us on. Were the police ever called?

ETA: OK, I just watched it again and I think it's a put-on.

For one thing, when "John" goes into the hotel room he only glances into the bathroom and walks quickly by it, as if there's nothing to investigate there. Then, after he backs out, we're told that the shower's on.  Now, if that was the case, why didn't John turn on the lights and go into the bathroom to ascertain that what he heard - the shower running - was correct, and why it was on? For all he knew, someone had been taking a shower and fallen, and broken their arm or something. But he never even flicked his flashlight around the door. He just waved it in there a little, and moved on.

For another thing, notice that when he leaves, he leaves the door to the hotel room wide open.  No one in security would do that no matter HOW freaked out they were - obviously, you don't want other hotel guests wandering in there, and you don't want any evidence disturbed if something happened.  He would have shut and locked the door until the police arrived.

Also - how come we can hear the screams, but we can't hear anything John is saying, and we can't hear the water running in the shower? I can't figure that out.

One last thing - adding comments for the video has been disabled. Usually that means that whoever posted the video (it was posted yesterday) doesn't want anyone leaving critical comments revealing it to be a hoax. Not always, but sometimes.

Edited by SarahB1863, 05 September 2012 - 05:32 PM.

#6 SarahB1863

SarahB1863

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

By the way, if you check out Jimmynutt's other videos, you'll see a collection of alien and ghost clips, some of which have the tags "film and animation." Make of that what you will.

Edited by SarahB1863, 05 September 2012 - 05:46 PM.

#7 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Interests:Anything I find Bizarre, paranormal, drawing, coloring, chatting, games, listening about peoples lives, there's probably a bunch of other things that I can't think of at the moment.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

View PostSarahB1863, on 05 September 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

By the way, if you check out Jimmynutt's other videos, you'll see a collection of alien and ghost clips, some of which have the tags "film and animation." Make of that what you will.

Nice investigating, it slipped my mind to check the other videos and tags.
Bazinga!

#8 crystalgirl

crystalgirl

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

Also - how come we can hear the screams, but we can't hear anything John is saying, and we can't hear the water running in the shower? I can't figure that out.

Yes I thought the exact same thing - that was the give away for me because the screams were so clear but nothing from 'john'.

Still it looks good.

#9 gothicangel

gothicangel

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

View Postmoiraesfate, on 05 September 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

OMG, that's creepy. Really creepy. I work in hotels so that's doubly creepy.

I jumped out of my skin!! O_O now whenever i go to reno with my folks.. never going to think the same again after watching this! O_o

#10 mosthauntedsam

mosthauntedsam

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:01 AM

It was a very creepy video, but like the poster above said, the actions of John was quite suspicious to say the least. Well observed.

#11 cersei

cersei

Orb

• GS Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:52 AM

I liked it! Very cinematic! Just very obviously a fake! A GOOD ONE though! :)

#12 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

I don't think it's fake. The reason is because I have worked in the hospitality industry a long time. One hotel that I worked for had security cameras in the lounge. One night when I was looking in the monitor, I saw what looked like a woman floating up in the corner. It looked much like that but a little clearer in details. The corner was at least 12 feet high so this shouldn't have been possible, but I did still see it clearly.

#13 mosthauntedsam

mosthauntedsam

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:25 AM

View Postmoiraesfate, on 06 September 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

I don't think it's fake. The reason is because I have worked in the hospitality industry a long time. One hotel that I worked for had security cameras in the lounge. One night when I was looking in the monitor, I saw what looked like a woman floating up in the corner. It looked much like that but a little clearer in details. The corner was at least 12 feet high so this shouldn't have been possible, but I did still see it clearly.

Did you show this footage to any of the staff? If so what did they think?

#14 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:25 AM

No, there wasn't anyone else on with me that night and I got busy so I didn't have a chance to tell anyone else. I'm used to it. I've seen and experienced ghosts my whole life.

#15 Vlawde

Vlawde

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,467 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:35 AM

I think it's telling that, like some other iffy videos or pictures posted here before, that the op makes just the one post and never comes back.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Pacific Paranormal Research Association: Documenting the paranormal and providing solutions to the living and the dead (and whatever else!)

Vlawdes Myspace Page

#16 SarahB1863

SarahB1863

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

The fact that the OP has several other videos posted that contain tags for "film and animation" tells me everything I need to know.  This isn't real. The OP is a filmmaker of some sort, or wants to be.

I mean, look at the video again. Remember that apparently several people have called the front desk complaining about the screams.  Notice that when the security guy goes to check out the room, however, there is NO ONE in the hallway.  Not a single person is loitering in the door of their room, watching to see what the security guy finds.  

Sorry, but that's not human nature.  They'd all be hanging around in the hall or close to their rooms, watching from a distance because they have natural curiosity - who's screaming? Is someone hurt? Morbid curiosity would have them out, but instead it doesn't look like there's anyone in the entire hotel! Every camera shows not a single person.

My thoughts? This was a film made probably by the OP, using a few of his friends who work security at a hotel as actors.  They filmed probably in the middle of the night - because the security guy may have been on-duty and would have gotten in trouble if he'd been caught goofing around on company time, and also because since there wasn't anyone around they could do retakes/wouldn't have to worry about people wandering through the hall, giving the security guy puzzled looks as he "acted" scared and kept going into the room over and over.

Once the film was "shot" (actually recorded from the hotel security cameras, another good reason for doing it in the middle of the night: it was less likely that there would have been REAL security problems to deal with, and less likelihood of getting caught), the editor added the screams and "ghost", and voila - instant spooky video.

It's pretty clever, in a "Blair Witch" sort of way, and if the OP - or whoever made the film - felt so inclined, they could probably make a nifty little horror film using nothing but security camera footage and people going into a hotel room in the middle of the night and facing unknown horrors (NOT seeing the interior of the room makes it scarier, a la 'Paranormal Activity').  But real? Nah. Don't think so.

Edited by SarahB1863, 07 September 2012 - 04:15 PM.

#17 Vlawde

Vlawde

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,467 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

Just checked his profile, and he hasnt even come and viewed to board or been on it all since his only post (unless he wasnt logged in)

I'm so tired of people posting bogus videos and pictures just to see if they can get away with it. I'm not talking about honest pics or videos people post, where maybe its a dust orb or something else misidentified...or even possibly really paranormal. It's the ones that purposely set out to create a bogus video or what have you for the purpose of trying to fool people, or get publicity for themselves

Posted ImagePosted Image

Vlawdes Myspace Page

#18 crystal

crystal

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, supernatural, reading, music, writing, drawing =)

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

"Film and Animation" tag on Youtube.

This is a hoax.  I didn't believe it for a minute... the screams were I guess you could say... forced?  The "ghost" looked like a sheet draped over someone...  eh.

I'm not buying it.
To die will be an awfully big adventure.
J.M. BARRIE, Peter Pan

#19 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Chief

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,786 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

I clicked on all 13 of his videos and almost all of them simply lead back to this same security video clip. However, the title's and the icons were different. The other two clip were a different clip but with a similar ghost image. So, in other words, he's trying to promote two videos with 13 clips.

SarahB1863, you made some excellent points... thank you for taking the time to do that! Everything you said makes perfect sense.

Vlawde, I guess you’re right, another hit and run.  :)

Good work everyone! The comments in this thread made this an educational experience for all. It takes paranormal investigators detectives to figure out these types of things and we have some of the best here on the GhostStudy Forums.  :)

Posted Image
Check out the new GhostStudy "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#20 SarahB1863

SarahB1863

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:12 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 08 September 2012 - 08:27 AM, said:

SarahB1863, you made some excellent points... thank you for taking the time to do that! Everything you said makes perfect sense.

Thanks! I mean, I'd love for it to be real. I'd love for Jimmynut to come back and talk about this video some more - where is that hotel? What happened when the police got there? Are there pictures of the trashed hotel room? - but I think that guy's long gone.  Which is a pity, because as I said as a spooky 'film' it's fairly effective and I'd be interested to know how it was done, eg, the story behind the idea, how they filmed in the hotel, how the effects were added (the blinking light and the 'ghost'). With a little more 'story' and effort you could have another 'Blair Witch Project' here...

Unfortunately some fraudsters post stuff like this and when people say, "Dude, I don't think that's real", they get all huffy and argumentative ("Of course it's real! How rude! How dare you doubt me!!" etc.).  To me it would be very cool if Jimmy came back here and said, "Ha ha, you're right, this one isn't real but let me tell you how I did it..." A lot of times a clever fake is just as interesting as the real thing!

Edited by SarahB1863, 08 September 2012 - 09:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users