7 replies to this topic

#1 Safire973GStudy

Safire973GStudy

Board Tech

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

A couple of months ago, I was websurfing during an extreme bout of insomnia, and I came across a mention of this place.  There seems to be a bunch of info floating around about it, but I do like the write up the person on this site did.

A snippet:

Even from the first steps into the wood, they were hit by inexplicable states of nausea, anxiety, headaches and, sometimes, even burns on their skin. The Hoia-Baciu Forest was a taboo subject for a long time, because people were afraid to even talk about it since the place was considered to be cursed and even dwelled by the Devil.

Also, from this site"

One of the strangest things about the Haunted Romanian Forest is the geology. Within the forest is a strange circle that no plant life will grow in. Soil tests have not been able to explain the phenomenon, as they seem to match the surrounding soil. However, the lifeless circle is there and usually at the center of paranormal tales from the forest. Heightened electromagnetic fields also seem to be present at Hoia Baciu.

So, take a peek and tell me:  what do you think?

I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

Posted Image

Torn by the storms in my head
Like a victim of fate
Born to regret
Still denied by the spirits of hell
A call to repent
Til the visions still stand in silence

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Resident Grumpy Old Married Man Prone To Senior Moments

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,383 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

Destination Truth was there twice, on the show you could clearly see one of the team being yanked backwards thru the air
http://destinationtr...forest-romania/

Posted ImagePosted Image

Pacific Paranormal Research Association: Documenting the paranormal and providing solutions to the living and the dead (and whatever else!)

Pacific Paranormal Research Association Myspace Page

Vlawdes Myspace Page

#3 Safire973GStudy

Safire973GStudy

Board Tech

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

Hmmm, that might be worth the $1.99 Amazon is charging to watch it.  I'd like to see the footage, not just the still frame.

Edit:  Found it online for free - watching now and will report back

I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

Posted Image

Like a victim of fate
Born to regret
A call to repent

#4 GhostlyGrace

GhostlyGrace

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:Freaking people out with my thoughts & dreams

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

Posted ImageDestination truth did two episodes on that place.  They revisited this year.  It's an awesome place.

Posted Image

#5 Safire973GStudy

Safire973GStudy

Board Tech

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

I should probably start watching that show.  

That was...insane.  Holy bananas.   :confused0068:   Even though I knew it was coming I jumped a little in my chair.  That kid got flung back far.  And the scratches - yea, no explanation for that at all.

I really would like to get an up close view at that picture with the shadowed edge though.  Hmmmm....

Posted Image

Like a victim of fate
Born to regret
A call to repent

#6 Ghuoest

Ghuoest

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Waiting for the Great Pumpkin

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

The thought that came to mind was whether this was possibly a ghost type or alien type of activity. I was thinking of a crop circle when the spot was mentioned. Have they done a radiation check?

#7 Angelicus

Angelicus

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:I have an interest in all aspects of the paranormal and love reading & watching stuff about UFOs, reincarnation, Hauntings, ghosts, Spiritual realms, psychics, the After Life, Near Death Experiences (NDE), have an interest in other stuff like fairies, elves, Moth Man and more. I love playing MMO games, watching most sorts of movies, and love the band Disturbed. I like all sorts of music really. I'm absolutely addicted to watching The Ghost Adventures.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

I wonder if that circle would represent a doorway to the spirit world, or something along those lines.  A portal to Hell?  Reading about this place, sends a chill down my spine.  I would hate to enter those woods.  It's like something out of the X-Files or a horror movie.

~shivers~

That said, i love reading about this sort of stuff. ANYTHING and EVERYTHING about Paranormal.  :D

#8 pretas.and.devas

pretas.and.devas

False Positive

• False Positive
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

You know it could be that this area is inhabited by devas or yakkhas who simply don't like people to come messing around. There is an ancient Buddhist sutta called the Karaniya Metta Sutta where the monks are being disturbed by these types of beings with putrid smells, visions etc...I don't think they were actually hurt because the devas didn't want that kind of bad karma but the monks were so scared that they went to the Buddha and asked if they could meditate somewhere else. According to the sutta (scripture) this was when the Buddha prescribed loving kindness meditation. By practicing this meditation towards the devas (tree spirits) they pacified them and they actually became the protectors of the monks while they stayed there in retreat.

My own personal theory so I apologize if it seems off-topic or rambling.
My Paranormal Blog: http://pretas-and-devas.blogspot.com/

The non-doing of any evil,
the performance of what's skillful,
the cleansing of one's own mind:
this is the teaching of the Awakened.
-Dhammapada 183

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users