24 replies to this topic

#1 mysticmark

mysticmark

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

Hi there,
I was looking on eBay for devices to detect and track ghosts and I came across this,
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=170927001489

It's an auction for "Ghosts trapped in a bottle"
In the description it says they were put in there by a catholic priest during an exorcism, but I was wondering if that is even possible?
Couldn't the ghost simply get out? Or is there a spell, or prayer he could have said to keep it in there?

Anyway, I guess the bottle looks pretty authentic, I just wondered if anyone knew any more details about this type of thing.

If it doesn't get too many bids I might get it myself and see what the story is. Would be interesting to do an experiment under controlled conditions to monitor any changes in temperature, EMF interference etc once the bottle is opened.

Thanks!

Mystic Mark

#2 BlueRose3

BlueRose3

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

I would have to say it's a complete fake just because of the condition of the bottle. Even if it has spent 100 years in an attic it would never look like this. Dirty/dusty ok, but not having what looks like moss growing around it. It may look like this if it was stored in a very damp root cellar for a 100 years but even then things need sunlight to grow... even moss.

If their attic was damp enough to have moss growing on it like this then it's time they took a match to the house.  LOL...

Also not long after removing it from it's very damp condition for this to grow on the bottle it would shortly dry up and crumple off.

So yea, in my opinion this is fake.

Edited to add:
I did a little more research and found this... and I quoted what he said in his discription... "My grandpa had said that when the priest came, he had performed an exorcism and the ghosts had been trapped inside an old poison bottle."

If you look at the items he bought off of ebay on this page.. the 21st comment down.. you will see he bought a Old Green Poison Bottle. Again Proof it's fake. :)

http://feedback.ebay...=0&mPg=5&page=3

a pleasure to do business with  
Old Green Glass Poison Bottle Not To Be Taken Embossed (#370343981946) -- Seller: Member ID merrettd ( Feedback score of 1006) 21-Mar-10 09:58

Edited by BlueRose3, 19 October 2012 - 01:06 PM.

#3 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

I have to agree, totally fake. It looks like something out of Michaels Craft store or something. That said, it is pretty.

Edited by moiraesfate, 19 October 2012 - 03:35 PM.

#4 DTR

DTR

EVP

• GS Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:02 AM

I wouldn't trust it either way. Its most likely fake, but on the off chance it's real, theres got to be a reason why it got trapped in the first place. Could be inviting evil in your home.... Allthough i do think its fake. So i advise to not bid.

DTR

Island Ghost Research - Youtube Channel

http://www.youtube.c...ndGhostResearch

#5 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:38 AM

We used to have a Haunted Ebay thread pinned somewhere...

Maybe we should start that up again,
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#6 mysticmark

mysticmark

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:30 AM

I think the 'moss' looks like dusty spider webs to me.
But yeah you're right, 'old poison bottle' in the purchase history looks like the smoking gun!

Cheers guys!

Mystic Mark

#7 GRAVEYARD HOUND

GRAVEYARD HOUND

Ectoplasm

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, general and specific, collecting art, exotic cars,edged weapons/fire arms, occult books, travel, cruises esp., Middle Ages, no not mine, painting, am an artist, well sorta, women, no I'm not gay, Anything else, ask.BTW, Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, researcher in "paranormal" "things" as well as "darker "arts".

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

An opinionbased on actually nothing, but if supposedly ancient texts that went intto length on how to summon them, I imagine there is located somewhere how to keep the little "suckers" locked up. :happy0045:
" No, I don't know what is wrong. Hell, if I did know, do you honestly think I'd be trying to find a real witch to give me some valid information"?

#8 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,062 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

If ghosts could be trapped in a bottle, everyone would be doing it. Ghosts could be captured and taken to a laboratory, and we'd have more answers about the paranormal.

And obviously that hasn't happened.
Posted Image

#9 GRAVEYARD HOUND

GRAVEYARD HOUND

Ectoplasm

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, general and specific, collecting art, exotic cars,edged weapons/fire arms, occult books, travel, cruises esp., Middle Ages, no not mine, painting, am an artist, well sorta, women, no I'm not gay, Anything else, ask.BTW, Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, researcher in "paranormal" "things" as well as "darker "arts".

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

Just for the sake of argument, who in their right mind would want to and even if it was possible by just anybody, what would one do with it?
" No, I don't know what is wrong. Hell, if I did know, do you honestly think I'd be trying to find a real witch to give me some valid information"?

#10 GraveyardStomper

GraveyardStomper

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

I've seen these ghost in a bottle ebay things before. I say fake.

#11 GRAVEYARD HOUND

GRAVEYARD HOUND

Ectoplasm

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

Most of what is found on the "NET" is seldom accurate, from people to "paranormal objects" and beyond

#12 beniciaparanormal

beniciaparanormal

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

You can capture a ghost, you just have to remember not to cross the streams.

Capturing spirits and placing them in a container is something out of a movie. This guy is doing it to make a buck and I'm sure there are plenty of people who would pay to say they own a ghost.

Posted Image

Benicia Paranormal
on Twitter @beniciaparanorm
www.beniciaparanormal.webs.com

#13 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, Music, Meditation, The Outdoors, The Beatles, Reading, Writing, Celebrity Grave Hunting, Storm Chasing, The Paranormal (Ghosts & UFO's), Computers, Romance, Travel, Literature & Photography.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

Even if you could capture a ghost, it would not be a good idea. Dr. Plato Zorba learned a hard lesson by doing so. He captured 11 in all but the tormented and tortured him until he died. He became the twelth ghost in the house. Alas, soneone else would die and the house would then be populated by

Posted Image

Edited by Captain Kundalini, 04 November 2012 - 04:02 AM.

Peace

Posted Image

#14 GRAVEYARD HOUND

GRAVEYARD HOUND

Ectoplasm

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

I could say "I caught a ghost and it is in the bottle on the table", the bottle would be empty but I wonder how many folks would admit to seeing something, "my ghost", when there is, in fact, nothing there? I do so enjoy the human mind.

#15 PumpkinWraith

PumpkinWraith

1D's #1 Fan

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts
  • Interests:Mainly my family and chatting to and getting to know the many good friends I've made here over the years. I love Rock, Metal and alternative music as well as having a profound interest in the paranormal.

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

Nowhere near as good as the original... Ghost in a Jar ;).   Who remembers that?

Posted Image

The Aliens said I could take a friend next time. Apply below ......but no mad people!

I <3 One Direction. Harry 4Ever!

#16 the evil

the evil

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:35 AM

is it a Dybuk bottle?

#17 Paranormal_RN

Paranormal_RN

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Interests:Reading!!!!!!!!
    Redoing old furniture
    Paranormal

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

BlueRose3 did excellent research on this bottle - proving it is a fake.  If only there were ways to capture ghosts, then ghost study would be so much easier!
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!"  Ash, aka T-Rex

"Your just jealous because the little voices talk to me!"

#18 Amethyst

Amethyst

Official Ghoststudy Psychic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:51 AM

Oh, dearest, that is just to take ppl money.  You cannot capture a ghost because there is nothing to capture.  Spirit is not something tangible.  They are not a gas or a liquid or something you could even put in a bottle.  Great idea though.  At Halloween I found out that some people bagged those tiny marshmallows and called it ghost poop!  

Amethyst
IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED THEN SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!

ADVICE, WHEN MOST NEEDED, IS LEAST HEEDED

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" said the Wizard of Oz to the Tin Man.

#19 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

I suspect that the Ghostbusters movies fueled a lot of the misconception about ghosts being something physical that could be captured...with the proton packs, traps, and storage facility and all.  I can't say that it wouldn't be cool to be able to do so!  :D

#20 trickyspark

trickyspark

Orb

• GS Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

I know this is gross...but I have to post anyway.

It is possible to capture a fart in a jar. It'd be hilarious (to me, but then farts always made/make me giggle) to sell a "haunted" mason jar or something on ebay filled with a "spirit" you trapped yourself.
The term skeptic, is derived from the Greek word "skepsis", which was the name of a small town in Asia Minor in antiquity. It was known for its lack of knowledge, and people from Skepsis were known as skeptics. -from "Ghosts, True Encounters With the World Beyond", by Hans Holder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users