Free Skins
© Fisana

A Question To The True Believers Among Us...

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

I'd like to do a reverse on this. We have heard from skeptics, now let's hear from believers. What is the one photo, video, or EVP that you can feel certain is paranormal? And please give your reasons for promoting this. I'm not trying to start a war here, nor a flood of naysaying criticism. I am genuinely curious. Perhaps for the sake of this thread, the critics, including myself, will make a pact to not analyze any picture, video, or EVP posted in this thread, please?

I think sometimes people won’t post for fear of criticism. We have a right to point out what we see or hear, and why something doesn’t click for us. That much posters have to realize, but they need to understand that it is our OPINION and we aren’t attacking their credibility or screaming FRAUD!

But for the purpose of this thread, guys, let’s hold off the remarks and listen to the poster’s beliefs. We need more data in the form of posted material, and maybe we could give this a shot. For my part, I promise not to analyze any photo, video, or EVP posted on this thread, but to listen to the stories of the posters. I can only speak for me.

Now, show us your best and darn the torpedoes! Show your reasons for believing!

God bless

Mortimer Graves
Who you gonna call?

#2 mat k

mat k

EVP

• GS Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

This is the one set of photos that does it for me, the queen marys ghost girl.

http://ghoststudy.co...012/gooo101.htm

We Fall so we can pick ourselves up again

#3 Sinohmi

Sinohmi

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

Love the ghost girl and not to bring this one up again or because I happen to have taken it ha ha, but another Queen Mary photo http://ghoststudy.co...2012/fin104.htm you can see the whisp of black smoke surrounding the supposed body area. That kind of goes back to what you would need to believe the image. I was there. I was aware of the environment and conditions.

Edited by Sinohmi, 09 February 2013 - 11:52 AM.

#4 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

Pact accepted. Will watch with interest though.

#5 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostSnowlord, on 09 February 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

Pact accepted. Will watch with interest though.

Admit it...you're going to have serious ants in your pants wanting to analyze these particular photos. :D

#6 Claire

Claire

Living Dead

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,233 posts
  • Interests:Photography, painting and ghosthunting!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

These 2 photos were taken by a friend back in 2001.  He was investigating an old abandoned house in Virginia.  He took many many photos of this place.  But these two, for ME, were the ones in which I believe I see a girl ghost in front of the chimney.  To ME she kind of morphs from one photo to the next to an older version of herself.  Do you see her?  Or do you think this is just an optical illusion caused by the weeds and shrubs?

Also, do you see the face peeking out of the upstairs window in the 2nd pic?  I used to have a really good close up of that face.  Wish I still had it.  It was creepy.

Attached Files

Edited by Claire, 09 February 2013 - 03:21 PM.

Posted Image
"We all go a little mad sometimes."  Norman Bates

#7 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

This one's old and it's the only photo of any phenomena that I am absolutely sure is a photograph of a  paranormal event (and I've been doing this a long time).  That's my eight year old on his second birthday.  I saw that orb with my eyes both over the camera and in the screen on the back (I was holding the camera up and out rather than shooting with it "properly").  I posted it here at the time and a couple of people gave me psychic feedback in PMs that was specific (names) and backed up my impressions of what was going on.  And the best part is it's an orb and it looks like a dust orb -- though it didn't in real time.  Looking at the foreshortened perspective there's nothing you can judge size and distance from.  The orb was in the corner hanging over the stairs to the basement -- about 20 feet from where I was sitting.  The border you see (it was within six inches of that wall) is 14 inches high.  It was shimmering different colors almost like a soap bubble but there were also colors swirling in it and a substantial "weight" to it.

Posted Image
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#8 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

View PostAugustineGStudy, on 09 February 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

Admit it...you're going to have serious ants in your pants wanting to analyze these particular photos. :D

No ... not at all. Well ... maybe a bit. But I'll behave.

#9 Clarina1980

Clarina1980

Vortex

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,721 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

I remember those pics Claire and I liked them the last time too.
"True Love Is Like Ghosts, Which Everyone Talks About But Few Have Seen"

#10 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

I'll behave as well but I still think we need to define opinions from facts.

#11 PIT leader

PIT leader

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal and house music,horror films,comics

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:59 AM

The Amityville photo of the boy with glowing eyes always gives me the chill.I'd say that's the real deal.
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#12 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:27 AM

View Postevp, on 10 February 2013 - 02:11 AM, said:

That is partially why I ask posters to not comment. (Wow! Thanks for the support on that Guys and Gals!)

Our analysis is opinion, but many believers cannot take anyone saying the picture is anything short of real. Some posters on this forum are experts in photography, and are stating fact in their opinion based on the science of photography. Any criticism is not an accusation of fraud. Posters should realize that. But for this thread, lets see what made you, the dedicated advocate of ghostly evidence, a believer, without fear of refruting.

God Bless

Graves
Who you gonna call?

#13 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

View Postevp, on 10 February 2013 - 02:11 AM, said:

From my understanding that's what this thread is about, opinion.  For example, when I posted I gave my opinion/belief -- that the photo I took was paranormal in nature -- then I gave facts that informed the reason for said opinion.

There is no objective proof in any of these photos.  I honestly don't think we have the technology for objective proof of the paranormal in any line we are currently pursuing.  I quite like that my one photo out of many thousands I've taken over the years looks like a dust orb.  It's evidence of the inherent unfortunate sense of humor in the universe.  When I snapped the shot (such a bad photo precisely because I saw the orb and sort of reflexively pressed the shutter button rather than composing the shot... I was in the process of composing a shot and waiting for an adorable cake moment) I knew who manifested it and why that person was there.  I said it at the time and everyone craned around to see but it had disappeared so all I was left with was a conviction of what had happened and a picture of an orb that, photographically, could so easily be dust right in front of the lens illuminated by the flash.  Except it wasn't.

All we can do at this time is deconstruct photographs and say what they could be and gauge the likelihood of whether what they could be happening or not.  There are some we can quite definitively say "that is not paranormal.  This is why" and educate people who aren't trained in photography and photo analysis.  There are others we say "there is no way of telling but the likelihood of it being paranormal is so low as to eliminate it's entry into the body of anecdotal data" (orbs, I'm lookin' at choo).  And there are some we say "I don't know what that is, let's add it to the pile of maybes."  Finally, there are those that are accompanied by a personal testimony experienced by someone who is trained and knowledgeable in observation -- they are not evidence.  We have no evidence.  But the ones in that last category can be added into the body of anecdotal data saying "this is something that is not a known photographic artifact but we don't know what it is.  There are people who believe it is paranormal."

I really walk the fence with this -- it's no secret that I dabble in the psychic realm.  It's also no secret that I am logical and analytical and skeptical.  I feel there are times we have to put the analysis and skepticism aside to find the truth -- whether it be a universal truth or a personal truth.  This thread is about putting the analysis and skepticism aside and finding personal truths rather than objective facts.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#14 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

View PostMortimerGraves, on 10 February 2013 - 06:27 AM, said:

That is partially why I ask posters to not comment. (Wow! Thanks for the support on that Guys and Gals!)

Our analysis is opinion, but many believers cannot take anyone saying the picture is anything short of real. Some posters on this forum are experts in photography, and are stating fact in their opinion based on the science of photography. Any criticism is not an accusation of fraud. Posters should realize that. But for this thread, lets see what made you, the dedicated advocate of ghostly evidence, a believer, without fear of refruting.

God Bless

Graves

Mine came when I heard my first and last name was called out in an empty house at 3:00 am while I was monitoring. But my belief only came forward after I scrutinized the audio file finding the flat vocal banding and 100 hz range which isn't humanly possible.

I classify it as "unknown source" and won't label it as a ghost or spirit. How can we say with any certainty what it is? Claude Bernard as quoted, "Men who have excessive faith in their theories and ideas are not only ill prepared in making discoveries; they also make poor observations."

Edited by evp, 10 February 2013 - 12:01 PM.

#15 sassenach123

sassenach123

EVP

• GS Member
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, long-time member of Richard III Society, poking around castles, travel, reading, writing fiction.

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

There is no evidence God exists, yet thousands upon thousands of people have died in His name. There are passionate religious people all over the world who insist that their deity of choice is an actual thing. Do we have any proof? absolutely none. Not one iota...and yet...hundreds of millions people believe in a higher power of some sort. Firm, scientific evidence of God would be the....holy grail (???!!!!) of the paranormal world. People say "oh...you don't need evidence...you just need faith..." No. I need evidence.

I'm an atheist who struggles with the idea of an afterlife and yet am a firm believer in spirit, be it residual or intelligent. lol - it's a big dichotomy for me. But I believe. I always have. Just because I can't see it, hear it, smell it or feel it - I am pretty sure I have no spiritual sensitivity whatsoever - doesn't mean it's not there.

I have no idea how long I have believed or what the impetus was; it has always been. Stories of the unexplained have fascinated me since I was teeny - I think it was the story of the Loch Ness monster that nudged me in the direction of the mysterious and unexplained. My love of all things paranormal has led me down some really tremendous paths that I would not have taken otherwise. So maybe I'm NOT an atheist: maybe ghosts are my religion. Ghosts and fly fishing. :-)

Stranger stop and cast an eye

As you are now so once was I

As I am now so you will be

Prepare for death and follow me

#16 Lindsay Loo

Lindsay Loo

Orb

• GS Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

I second the Amityville boy.....I would put it up, but I have never put up a picture and I don't know how....anyone better then me with your computer, could you put it up for everyone to see?  Thanks

Off topic, Claire, I love Norman....I always watch him until he smiles at me...I have a creepy crush!

#17 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

Here you go!

Posted Image
Who you gonna call?

#18 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

Really, no photo convinced me that ghosts were real, only personal experience. And I don't expect that people will believe me either.

#19 JamesRob

JamesRob

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigation (obviously), movies, baseball, hockey, and I do manage to steal some time to read.

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

View Postmoiraesfate, on 19 February 2013 - 07:39 AM, said:

Really, no photo convinced me that ghosts were real, only personal experience. And I don't expect that people will believe me either.

Same here. I have since collected several EVPs to back up my belief, or I should say we have since it has been part of a group, but it was personal experience that convinced me. I guess the most convincing was something I heard, not something I saw. The Reader's Digest version being that I was at a friends house and heard a woman say my name right in my ear. They had told me they experienced many things in that house, like hearing the kitchen chairs moving around when they were in the back of the house and nobody else was there. That was my only real experience in that house and it sent a chill up my spine. I've often said you can present all the evidense in the world, but I don't think anyone is ever convinced until they have their own experience.

#20 PumpkinWraith

PumpkinWraith

1D's #1 Fan

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts
  • Interests:Mainly my family and chatting to and getting to know the many good friends I've made here over the years. I love Rock, Metal and alternative music as well as having a profound interest in the paranormal.

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

That Amityville photo gives me the creeps every time.  I still can't decide whether it's paranormal or not.  Bit it's certainly one of my favourites.

Posted Image

The Aliens said I could take a friend next time. Apply below ......but no mad people!

I <3 One Direction. Harry 4Ever!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users