• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 hunter417

hunter417

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

i took this picture while investigating a local church, what are your thoughts ?

Attached Files

#2 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,470 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

Looks like a shadow on the right side...  Is there something in particular that we are supposed to be looking at?
Posted Image

#3 hunter417

hunter417

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

the shadow on the right is the focus of the pic, its grainy because i had to adjust the lighting and contrast.where the shadow is stands a wall so it would have to be partialy through the wall.

#4 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:19 AM

Too poor quality to really say. I see the shadow bottom right, but everything is very fuzzy... I don't know about this one
Who you gonna call?

#5 JamesRob

JamesRob

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigation (obviously), movies, baseball, hockey, and I do manage to steal some time to read.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

You can tell the edge of it is transparent because you can see the wall through it, and that part doesn't seem to be the shadow of the photographer. Pretty interesting capture, but too grainy and dark to say for sure what it is.

#6 hunter417

hunter417

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

i will try to upload the original photo

#7 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,547 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

Looks like the shadow of the photographer...  arm bent and holding the camera up to take the photo.

#8 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

The part that interests me is the part of the shadow that moves over both the door jamb and the darkness behind and to the right of this doorway.  Look closely.  The "mass" both darkens the door molding (expected with a typical cast shadow) and LIGHTENS to darkness of the doorway.  (Not expected with cast shadow)

Again, it's not a super-high resolution image, nor is this portion in focus. (It would be a really good goal to make it a practice of only taking the highest resolution images your camera can manage, and to use tripods in low light situations to prevent camera movement)

But, there is still enough there to make me go hmmm.

I have no idea what it is, though.

Edited by DarkShadow, 29 May 2013 - 07:08 AM.

#9 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

I see a possible shadow, and some kind of blur on the right side. Not enough data to make more than a guess.

#10 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:41 PM

It's to bad that the photo was so dark... and then trying to brighten it helped but it's still not clear enough to make a fair analysis. But from what I see, it seems to be a human figure either living or dead. I don't know what is meant by it being a shadow, because this figure seems to have substance.

It's very cool actually!

#11 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:09 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 01 August 2015 - 08:41 PM, said:

...  I don't know what is meant by it being a shadow, because this figure seems to have substance ...

This "figure" has no human features ... no arms or legs ... a rectangular streak with no facial features for a head ... and it's shape is composed of the exact same dark, grainy, featureless blackness that composes every other area in the image that is not well lighted. I don't understand why anyone would consider it to be a figure and not just more dark shadows.

#12 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:12 PM

View PostSnowlord, on 05 August 2015 - 12:09 PM, said:

This "figure" has no human features ... no arms or legs ... a rectangular streak with no facial features for a head ... and it's shape is composed of the exact same dark, grainy, featureless blackness that composes every other area in the image that is not well lighted. I don't understand why anyone would consider it to be a figure and not just more dark shadows.

I still suggest it being a living person entering or exiting through a doorway... or a 'shadow being' making an appearance.
Some shadow figures have rather distinct features and some do not. The three I have personally seen with my own eyes, did not.

First of all, the figure (in my estimation) DOES have a shape that resembles a human form with possibly a long dark coat. And his head is a lighter color. And on our left of the figure, there seems to be a sleeve coming down with possibly a hand beyond that. At least it gives that appearance (see the third photo below), There does however, appear to be a shadow in the doorway behind the figure but I'm not counting the figure in front (the one in question) as a shadow.

So because the picture turned out so dark (no flash), everything will appear dark and grainy after the submitter severely lightened the photo. There's no way around that. But the part of the figure exiting the dark room thru the side doorway, still remains brighter (it's head), meaning it's not a shadow. In other words, as it goes into the dark room, the head remains brighter. I could go on but I'm really not looking for a debate... so this is how I will hopefully end my comments concerning this photo. This is all conjecture on my part of course... but I do have some experience in dealing with photos. I guess it's now up to the viewers to decide.

I did write this fast and with a lot of distractions, so pardon my French... ah, I mean my Grammar!  :)

Posted Image
Crude outline of shape

Posted Image

Posted Image
Enhanced slightly and with some of the noise removed

#13 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,470 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:24 PM

I agree with Jim.  I'm not a photo expert, but I'm thinking the picture was not taken right, and the person was caught on film in just a weird way.  The "shadow ghost" is probably just a person who was trying to get out of view of the camera, and the person taking the picture could have been doing so for remodeling purposes, or just because they were tourists.... I don't know, just going through the possibilities lol
Posted Image

#14 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:41 PM

Right on, Bro... ;)

#15 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:27 PM

There's definitely something different looking there, just don't know what it could be really. It does kind of look like someone trying to get out of the way of the shot though...

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#16 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:43 PM

Well I'm almost certain it's someone or something <suspense music>, trying to get out of the way.  :)

#17 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:30 PM

In the clear shot (last posted) it does seem that someone tried to get out of the shot. Many people don't realize it, but "no one was there when I took this picture" really means "I didn't see anyone when I took this picture." Take almost any random picture, especially in places where tourists gather, and you'll likely get a figure in the photo you didn't see when you shot the image. Someone was in this church and when the poster took the picture, scrambled to move but the lens clicked first.
Who you gonna call?

#18 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:06 PM

Agreed - A person trying to get out of the way.

#19 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,470 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:07 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 05 August 2015 - 08:41 PM, said:

Right on, Bro... ;)

I got your back bro ^_^
Posted Image

#20 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:43 AM

Beings how dark it was and no flash, a person would certainly look that way in the picture. So I guess the consensus would make it a living person then.
But I won't completely rule out a dark hairy ape with a bag of popcorn!  :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ghost, demon, entitiy, paranormal, photo, church, shadow