75 replies to this topic

#41 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 289 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

I don't know if a hoax or not there was a guy that matches the physical description named Edward Ben Barela who was murdered.

http://www.findagrav...&GRid=100080461

So, you think I was harsh with Onelove0911?

If indeed, Onelove0911 is for real then I greatly apologize.

If not real, Onelove0911 read up on the case and used the name & photos to make up a story.

I would love to ask Onelove0911 a question: When the photo with the daughter was taken, did you & your daughter know he was dead, yet or did you find out later in the day? The child's cheeful & in a funky outfit. Was there a play or recital that day? I would love some explanations because, if this is real, I don't want to call you a "phony" because I don't have all the information. I'm very sympathetic to the family of murder victims & I didn't mean to be insensitive. Please come back & answer us. Please forgive us for our scepticism.

It's hard to judge either way. You only posted a few times. We need a backstory about the photo.
Posted Image

#42 SilentWalkerGStudy

SilentWalkerGStudy

Hen-Pecked Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,044 posts
  • Interests:Football (Leicester City fanatic), Rammstein, In Flames, Trivium, Slipknot, Five Finger Death Punch, most heavy / death bands. Most important thing is my FAMILY.

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

I am sorry, but accusations have already been made in this thread WITHOUT knowing all of the facts. It is possible that this story is not correct but it is also possible that it is true and if so, even more possible that a person who may be struggling with their loss has seen the responses and therefore been scared off.

What about others that believe they will get the same treatment if they come looking for help?

In any walk of life, everyone is innocent until proven guilty, the same rules apply on this board.

Apologies if this comes across as harsh but I find some of the comments on this thread unhelpful and unwanted but even more so, unwarranted.

Remember - We are here to help.

There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery. ~ Joseph Conrad

Posted Image

#43 Safire973GStudy

Safire973GStudy

Board Tech

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

Is it entirely possible that the poster and her child were not aware of his death at the time of this photo.

She stated it was her first love and her daughter's father.  That doesn't imply marriage (which in most cases means she would have been the first one notified).  Just because someone hasn't come back and replied to every reply doesn't mean their full of it.

I understand it's second nature here to do all we can to give a rational explanation for an anomaly.  But to be honest, I have no idea what happened to the tact that our members used to have.

I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

Posted Image

Torn by the storms in my head
Like a victim of fate
Born to regret
Still denied by the spirits of hell
A call to repent
Til the visions still stand in silence

#44 ClarinaGStudy

ClarinaGStudy

Zombie Assistant Manager Is Feeling Bitey!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,664 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

I don't think there is any trolling or hoaxing going on here and I know oneloves story is true, about her ex being murdered etc.  So we can stop going over that now.

The only thing to consider here is whether it is an illusion or a true capture.  I also hope onelove comes back to discuss her picture but I have a feeling some of these comments with have scared her off.

Posted Image
"True Love Is Like Ghosts, Which Everyone Talks About But Few Have Seen"
Clarina's Jewellery Designs

#45 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 289 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

Believe me it was none of my intention to offend her & I am sorry for being the one to cry "hoax". I feel so awful. She posted this pic looking for comfort and, after being genuinely sympathetic to her plight, started wondering if she was a troll. I feal like slime. I hope she comes back. I want to give her & her daughter a HUGE hug.
Posted Image

#46 NightWalker07

NightWalker07

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

I'm sorry if I offended you with what I said, onelove.  It wasn't my intention to be offensive.

Posted Image

"My soul was weak within me
I can’t run from this destiny.
Just give me your mercy.
I go where the spirit leads me.
Let go of my desire, your will is my guide!
Save me from this fate.
Hopeless and lost... Consumed by fears
Will you save me?
"

- Jesse Leach, "Times of Grace"

#47 HelenaHandBaskettGStudy

HelenaHandBaskettGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,387 posts
  • Interests:Reading, hanging with my best girl (my daughter), hanging with my best guy, hockey, music, the paranormal, and RHPS

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

View PostSnowlord, on 29 June 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

Or they could be just intimidated by dissenting ideas. I think some people might think that all people on a paranormal forum will agree with them and support them in their ideas. Maybe some of the alternate explanations offered discouraged her. Or maybe not .. just a thought.

That is very true. Especially in a case such as this. It can be very daunting for someone new to come on to a board, not even just this board, any board. She posted something because she thought she had found something, (and something that means a lot to her). It can be disheartening to put yourself out there and then receive (I hesitate to use the word negative, because I don't believe you guys were negative at all) feedback that is contrary to what she was hoping for. For the record, OneLove had logged on to the board since she originally posted this thread.
Let's just all remember we were all new members at one time or another. Until proven otherwise, let's give OneLove the benefit of the doubt. I don't believe she's trying to troll anyone on the board. Maybe there's a reason she hasn't posted to the thread again. Real life has a way of getting in the way if things like message boards! I know I personally don't log in everyday. I try to, but with a busy toddler at home, sometimes it's just not feasible!

#48 NightWalker07

NightWalker07

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

I agree with the "new members" thing.  I love coming here to talk about the paranormal because I get great feedback on what I talk about, and I think that is what onelove thought when she read the forum rules.

Posted Image

"My soul was weak within me
I can’t run from this destiny.
Just give me your mercy.
I go where the spirit leads me.
Let go of my desire, your will is my guide!
Save me from this fate.
Hopeless and lost... Consumed by fears
Will you save me?
"

- Jesse Leach, "Times of Grace"

#49 klainey

klainey

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:53 AM

I believe Onelove is the partner of  Eddie Ben Barela there are family pictures of them. So sorry for your loss. Thankyou for posting Eddie's full name.

http://www.muellersf...30-0500319659a8
Posted Image

#50 PIT leader

PIT leader

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal music,horror films

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:12 AM

I personally don't think it's right looking up all the information of the case, it just feels wrong. We should just accept Onelove's story as the topic isn't about whether it's true or not (we have no real reason to not believe it), but whether or not the photo is actually of her lost partner. As for the photo, I can see the resemblance but I'm not sure whether it is really paranormal or just coincidence. I'd like to think for her and her family, that it is some form of paranormal reassurance.
We have such sights to show you!

#51 klainey

klainey

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:16 AM

I  googled his name because the thumbnail of his picture Onelove posted didn't work for me; it was not because there was a need to find out information of the case although there is a lot of information on the net and it was good to know someone at least was arrested for his murder. I too would like to think it is some form of paranormal reassurance for the family.
Posted Image

#52 CDS

CDS

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:43 AM

When someone posts "evidence" they should be aware analysis of evidence requires critiquing. Implications of fraud should not be there unless presented evidence indicates some form of deception.  I saw no such indications of fraud with this image. That subject should have never entered this thread. j/s

#53 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:43 AM

:cwy: I hope Onelove0911 comes back. :cwy:

GOD, I'M SO SORRY FOR DOUBTING YOU, :mad0218: ONELOVE0911! THE PAIN YOU MUST FEEL! I THINK YOUR BELOVED APPEARED IN THE PHOTO & I'M SORRY FOR DOUBTING YOU! I WANT TO HUG YOU SO MUCH! I WANT TO HUG YOUR DAUGHTER, TOO! SHE'S BEAUTIFUL, LIKE YOU! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

And welcome to this board, Onelove0911! Please come back! We're friendly people here & would be glad to have you as a regular member! :sign0016:

Edited by SpukiKitty, 02 July 2013 - 05:44 AM.

Posted Image

#54 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:51 AM

I have a Find A Grave account. I'll leave flowers and a message for Ed & his surviving lady-love & child.
Posted Image

#55 HelenaHandBaskettGStudy

HelenaHandBaskettGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,387 posts
  • Interests:Reading, hanging with my best girl (my daughter), hanging with my best guy, hockey, music, the paranormal, and RHPS

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:47 AM

View PostCDS, on 02 July 2013 - 05:43 AM, said:

When someone posts "evidence" they should be aware analysis of evidence requires critiquing. Implications of fraud should not be there unless presented evidence indicates some form of deception.  I saw no such indications of fraud with this image. That subject should have never entered this thread. j/s

Agreed. :)

Spuki, don't beat yourself up. It's all good.
The forum rules state that if people aren't willing to accept both positive and negative feedback, they shouldn't post their photos. There's no need for you to keep apologizing. You were merely trying to present a different side.

#56 sully

sully

Cold Spot

• False Positive
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

Hi everyone,
I did a basic search as well using the link that Spuki posted. I was able to find another link connected with Mr. Barela. The person's icon photo looks like the same woman in Onelove's icon. I'm not going to post the links here without Onelove's approval.
It does seem that Mr. Barela is the same man in the photos posted here.
As for the ghost photo, I didn't see the hand until someone pointed it out. I thought the face was just a little distorted.
If it is indeed him showing up in this pic, I hope Onelove can take comfort in the fact that he's still there to give comfort and support to the family.
It's a very tragic story but maybe he was just trying to let them know that a part of him is still with them.

Yes, what Helena said.

View PostHelenaHandBaskettGStudy, on 02 July 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

Agreed. :)

Spuki, don't beat yourself up. It's all good.
The forum rules state that if people aren't willing to accept both positive and negative feedback, they shouldn't post their photos. There's no need for you to keep apologizing. You were merely trying to present a different side.

#57 klainey

klainey

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

Spunki you're among friends here. A very lovely gesture to leave flowers and the message for Onelove.
Posted Image

#58 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

Thank you, guys. I feel better, now.
Posted Image

#59 SilentWalkerGStudy

SilentWalkerGStudy

Hen-Pecked Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,044 posts
  • Interests:Football (Leicester City fanatic), Rammstein, In Flames, Trivium, Slipknot, Five Finger Death Punch, most heavy / death bands. Most important thing is my FAMILY.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

Spuki, it is a lovely gesture and you didn't do anything bad, as Helena said, you presented your case. All I asked for is to ensure that we are all certain before dismissing posts. Everything is good, as Klainey said, we are all friends here :-)

There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery. ~ Joseph Conrad

Posted Image

#60 klainey

klainey

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:56 AM

Getting back to  the T shirt. Does anyone think it is possible for our deceased loved one's, in Onelove's case her partner, to be able to manipulate the environment so that there is the likeness of his face. It doesn't have to be his actual face. I remember John Edward I think... don't quote me (LOL) said his spirit guide had said he would show himself to John in a picture. Over sometime sure enough an image appeared on the picture that wasn't there originally. I can't recall all of it but I think it was also appeared on the negative too.

If I was a spirit I would use anything I could manipulate to get my loved one's attention. I would use even a speck of dust or a strand of hair in front of the camera :)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users