Hever Anne Boleyn

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 Freya-Kendra

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

Several years ago, I visited Hever Castle while in England for business. When I was in the gardens, my camera (digital) was acting up as it never had before (and never did again). I would try to take a picture and nothing would happen. It would snap shots on its own. It would autofocus when I wasn’t touching it. I made some jokes about technology. My British friend, who was with me at the time, joked about Anne Boleyn playing tricks on me. She informed me that, Hever Castle having been Anne Boleyn’s family home, she was said to haunt the gardens. I dismissed that explanation—not because I didn’t believe in ghosts, but because I just figured there was a logical explanation. I didn’t take any photos in the castle itself. If I remember correctly, my battery died—but I can’t attest to that with any real certainty. It wasn’t an important thing to remember at the time.

When I got home, I had one particular garden photo printed and framed. I even used it as my computer wallpaper for a while. Never once did I look at the photo for any evidence of ghostly anomalies…that is, never until now. Suddenly, I can’t look at that photo and *not* see anomalies.

Ghost Hunters debuted on SyFy shortly after that trip. I remember that much because they’d already been playing commercials advertising its premier and I thought it sounded insanely stupid. Plumbers by day; ghost hunters by night? I joked with my British friends about it; then they showed me an episode of Most Haunted, or something like it. I started watching Ghost Hunters after I got home, and I’ve been watching various ghost shows ever since. I’ve had a fascination with the paranormal all my life, because I was literally born into it--my entire family (parents included), pretty much everyone who ever visited and every neighbor around were always convinced our house was haunted (no matter that it was newly built when my parents and older sisters first moved into it).

That having been said, I was inspired to pull out my old Hever Castle photos recently to see if there was anything within them that I hadn’t noticed before. Basically, after having been deluged with ghostly photos on TV and online in the past few years, I wondered if I might look at my own photos from a different perspective. As soon as I looked at my pretty garden shot, I was amazed to see something very noticeable that makes me wonder how it could be possible I hadn’t seen it until now.

My gorgeous garden photo has a “Casper” ghost almost dead center (southwest part of upper right quadrant). I call it Casper because of the shape and movement. It’s more than a tiny, anomalous cloud, and can’t be explained as a puff of smoke from a passerby’s cigarette. If I recall correctly, they didn’t even allow smoking in the garden. My Casper is also denser than a puff of smoke or mist. I then found another shot of the same garden, taken seconds beforehand and from a slightly different angle, and…what do you know? I spotted a wispy cloud/puff of mist sort of anomaly that seems pretty clear evidence to me that Casper had been starting to form in that shot. So, shot #1 shows Casper forming and shot #2 shows Casper fully formed and on the move.

But Casper isn’t the only anomaly I saw in shot #2. Far to the right hand side, I saw an eye looking back at me. On closer examination, I swear I can see half of a face. It’s too large to be in proper perspective with the part of the garden where it seems to appear--which led me to wonder if perhaps this “face” was in some way a reflection from my end of the camera, as though maybe someone was standing behind me…although no one was. It's not my eye, either. First of all, I was wearing glasses. And secondly, my eyes aren't shaped quite like that. Truly, I can’t explain it, but I can’t *not* see it anymore.

My curiosity further inspired, I explored some portraits of Anne Boleyn online and discovered that the shape and what color there is of the eye in my photo matches what I see in the portrait.

I’ve posted the original photo in Photobucket. I’ve also posted a screencapture that shows that section of the original photo side-by-side with Anne Boleyn’s eye from the portrait. I’m anxious to hear feedback from others who are far more experienced in photo analysis than I. Frankly, there is at least one other odd thing in that photo I can’t even come close to identifying, so I can neither suggest it to be paranormal nor provide any logical explanation; but I’m opting not to point it out. If someone else out there mentions it…well, I’ll wait to see if that happens.

In the same set of photos, I also have a shot with 2 very distinct, very 3-dimensional orbs. I know there are a lot of orbs in photos that can be explained by light reflections and other logical things. But these orbs, as I said, are clearly 3 dimensional. They have volume and occupy space. I don’t believe they can be discounted. Again, I’d like to hear thoughts from those who’ve studied more photos of orbs than they care to remember.

Links to the photos are below:

Shot #1, mist before Casper formed. Posted Image

Shot #2, Casper fully formed and on the move, slightly right of center, and “eye” at the far right.

Posted Image

Shot #2 with Casper circled and an arrow pointing to the eye.

Posted Image

Sections of Shot #1 and #2 viewed side-by-side

Posted Image

Comparison shot of eye with portrait

Posted Image

3D orbs Link: http://i1167.photobu...zps198d3975.jpg

3D orbs with arrows pointing to them  Link: http://i1167.photobu...zps53642bf3.jpg

#2 Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

Personally, I believe that what we're seeing is the natural texture of the rock (the apparition) and an optical illusion created by the leaves/shadows/etc (the eye).  That's certainly not to say that the area isn't haunted...I just don't see anything unusual in this photo.

In any case, what a beautiful location!

#3 haven1516

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

View PostAugustineGStudy, on 10 October 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

Personally, I believe that what we're seeing is the natural texture of the rock (the apparition) and an optical illusion created by the leaves/shadows/etc (the eye).  That's certainly not to say that the area isn't haunted...I just don't see anything unusual in this photo.

I have to agree.  This area is probably haunted, but you may have to wait for the right time to catch some solid evidence.  Maybe even luck out.

#4 Ectoplazzum

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

Not to say that the garden isn't haunted, in fact, given its history I don't see how it COULDN'T be haunted, but I think that the anomalies you have pointed out all have natural explanations.  I don't see a mist at all, even in the area you have circled, but the mark on that rock looks to me like a silhouette of someone etched on the rock.  The "eye" is a chip/crack combination in the rock.  The garden itself is breathtkingly beautiful, quite seriously, but any anomalies, at least in these photos, are caused by pareidolia.  That being said, however, it would not surprise me in the least to have a photo of this place sooner or later show spirit activity that is NOT caused by the mind trying to find something it recognizes.

#5 Alonewitheverybody

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, urban exploration photos (although i don't partake) Derren Brown :-)

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:50 AM

I agree with AugustineGStudy, just  a trick of the eye (no pun intended!) due to the colours and textures of the rock. As for "Casper" i don't see anything, even when circled??
My Signature
Posted Image
Created by SilentWalkerGStudy :-)

#6 Freya-Kendra

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

View PostAugustineGStudy, on 10 October 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

Thanks for giving it a look. And yes, it is very beautiful. That's why I took two shots in the hopes that at least one would come out good. Unfortunately I cropped the first shot and must have accidentally saved over the original file so i can't see if that other angle would show anything else that might help to explain the eye. I'm surprised about the mist, though, the apparition. It shows up in the same spot but at enough of a difference in angle to suggest it had dimension.

View Posthaven1516, on 10 October 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

I have to agree.  This area is probably haunted, but you may have to wait for the right time to catch some solid evidence.  Maybe even luck out.

lol!  I would love to return and maybe stake it out some. Unfortunately, it's a long, long way away. Maybe one day. ;)

View PostEctoplazzum, on 11 October 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

Not to say that the garden isn't haunted, in fact, given its history I don't see how it COULDN'T be haunted, but I think that the anomalies you have pointed out all have natural explanations.  I don't see a mist at all, even in the area you have circled, but the mark on that rock looks to me like a silhouette of someone etched on the rock.  The "eye" is a chip/crack combination in the rock.  The garden itself is breathtkingly beautiful, quite seriously, but any anomalies, at least in these photos, are caused by pareidolia.  That being said, however, it would not surprise me in the least to have a photo of this place sooner or later show spirit activity that is NOT caused by the mind trying to find something it recognizes.

Interesting. I wish I could go back and take a closer look at that rock!

View PostAlonewitheverybody, on 13 October 2013 - 02:50 AM, said:

I agree with AugustineGStudy, just  a trick of the eye (no pun intended!) due to the colours and textures of the rock. As for "Casper" i don't see anything, even when circled??

Intended or not, the pun worked, even so! ;) I'm not sure why Casper isn't obvious. I wonder if there could be differences in what people see based on what computer they're using? I've viewed it on 2 work laptops and an iPhone--and a printed photo. I wonder if a computer with--sorry, I can't think of tech terms right now, but a computer equipped for photography and graphic arts, would that possibly negate or filter out whatever causes the illusion?

#7 Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

I don't see any mist at all. All I see on the rock is some light colored lichen. The eye is just a feature of the rock that vaguely resembles an eye. I'm sure it's just pariedolia at best.

( I looked at the 3D orbs, but they just look like normal moisture orbs to me. )

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com