Ghost Spirit Graveyard

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 SeekingOne

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:12 PM

Hi. My name is Lori. I live in Richton, Mississippi.(A very small country town)  I run a small paranormal group here and have done so since 2008. A few days ago my husband of one year asked could he go with me the next time to take photos & see if we could find anything. I was proud he was so interested in what I do. So we drove yesterday (March 29, 2014) a few miles out of town into the country, where my Grandmother and a lot of "older" people I knew as a child, are now buried. I of course went straight to my Grandmothers grave and "talked" with her before I took pictures. I then went to the next grave over, that belongs to Ms. Gerty K. one of my Grandmothers dear friends. This photo that I have, the "spirit" (as I believe it to be) is directly above Ms. Gertys headstone. She passed away when I was about 7 yr.s old (I'm now 44) so I really couldn't remember what she looked like. But I did go to her daughter in Laws house and show her this picture to see what she thought, she instantly teared up and said "it is" Ms. Gerty. It looks as though she has on a black dress/shirt, but her daughter in law confirmed that Ms. Gerty was buried in her favorite dress that was dark navy blue. I have over 200 more photos to go through, I'm hoping to find more, but if not, I'm still very pleased with this photo.
Taken: March 29, 2014
@ Brown Cemetery
Between 5:30 - 6:00 P.M.
Clear day, maybe 65 degrees.
Actually taken with a cell phone. This was my husbands first time, so I didn't take it real serious lol. But so pleased that we went.  I'm posting 2 photos. The first is just as it was downloaded, the 2nd I added arrows to.......Attached File  a1 (2).jpg   13.16K   76 downloadsAttached File  SHOTS1.JPG   92.53K   75 downloads

#2 MortimerGraves

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:59 AM

Too low a quality shot. You could find any number of likely blobs in this shot.
Who you gonna call?

#3 Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:19 AM

I don't see any figure in the image. The area circled just looks like it contains normal background detail to me.

#4 CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:26 AM

The blur could be a smudge on the lens, or particulate matter very close to the lens. If you look there is a similar blur to the right. What you see in the blur is most likely pareidolia.

#5 Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:34 AM

I really don't see anything either, not to say there isn't something there,The  image is just just not clear enough or didn't make a good enough transfer of resolution to make a determination of what it could be.

"What Scares You, Masters You."

#6 Anubis

• GS Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:54 AM

I can sort of see what the intended subject of the photo is in the close up shot but the low res and blurring of the image lead me to agree with CDS and chalk it up to pareidolia.
They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose,
Nor spake, nor moved their eyes;
It had been strange, even in a dream,
To have seen those dead men rise.

The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

#7 Vlawde

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,912 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:53 AM

Part of the "figure" is made up of tree branches and the sky behind it, so illusion
Posted Image

#8 NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:54 AM

Definitely looks like a smudge like CDS said.  A good case of pareidolia, as well...

#9 Loru

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:22 AM

Not too long ago, I visited a dear friends grave here in Germany, it was a sunny, clear day, the graveyard lyes somewhat outside of the city, a little raised.
As I was by my friends grave, I glanced at the other graves, and one caught my attention.
Right infront of the gravestone, above the grave, was like a mist or a fog, kind of like a minni cloud.
It hovered there for a second or two, and then was gone. On this sunny, non claudy or foggy day, it was obvious what I was looking at.
No fear rose in me, matter fact, it was so peaceful, made me smile :)

#10 petunia4998

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:31 AM

I really love spirit photos, but I'm afraid there's not much to see in this one.  She might very well have been there, but it's not very clear to me.

#11 salizander

• GS Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:18 PM

Meh. It's a cell phone pic.

I see nothing but pareidolia.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ghost, Spirit, Graveyard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users