• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ericamonjaras

ericamonjaras

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:33 PM

About 2-3 years ago I moved down to Orange County from Sacramento.  I want to start by saying that I have always believed in the paranormal but I have never experienced anything like what I'm about to talk about. It has occurred in various locations. My brother believes it’s a possibility that it may be my dead mother whom died of cancer when I was a baby whom I never really met. The events have not been consecutive and I am positive its not somebody pranking me I have even tried cleaning the mirror before showers.

One night I was showering and when I got out of the shower I saw writing on the mirror that spelled my name, I shower with  a locked door and open curtain. Being that I lived with many people I thought it was soap scum or a prank and I brushed it off.

About 2 weeks after I was showering at night as well at the same house and It was mid summer and being that I shower with hot water and closed window it surprised me to feel a fresh odd breeze in the restroom but I didn’t think much of it and I ignored it. It wasn’t until I got out of the shower that I saw that on the corner of the mirror there was a baby handprint on the fogged up mirror. This time I was quite afraid and I proceeded by running out of the bathroom and asking somebody to look at it to prove I wasn’t crazy. My cousin swore I was trying to scare him that I did it and that it wasn’t going to work.

A couple of days later I was still frightened so I decided to shower during the day  instead. I cleaned the mirror with windex and  a towel and made sure it was clean I even stared at it from an angle. I kept glancing at the mirror as I showered I was so paranoid at this point but nothing. When I got out of the shower this time I saw a baby footprint on the corner of the mirror in the same exact spot where the handprint was.  I also want to say although a lot of people lived in the house people showered at different times I doubt anybody went out of their way to write things on the mirror before I showered. I locked the door showered with the curtain open and cleaned the mirror beforehand.

The events stopped occurring for about 2 years. The house was sold and me and my brother moved out and rented and apartment in garden grove after I turned 18. In this apartment the only people who are usually here are me and him. I don’t spend much time here being that I work Monday through Friday and often I do sleep over at my boyfriends apartment but I saw nothing since the last time.

Last Friday night when I was showering at night I got home after grocery shopping a long day at work and I decided to shower. I was home alone being that my brother went from work to a church meeting. Being that my brother is very private we don’t have visitors often. I got out of the shower and there in the mirror was the letter e which is the first letter of my name written in the corner of the mirror 5 times at different angles. I called my brother angry about how it was not okay to play pranks  like he was puzzled and unsure about what was going on since I never told him about the previous times it had happened. The strangest thing was that usually the mirror even after I open the window takes at least 10-15 minutes to clear up completely since theres no additional ventilation in there but I worked up the courage to walk back in there and look at it again and after only 3 minutes the entire mirror was clear like nobody had even showered to begin with.

I tried to brush it off and not think about it but the following day after me and my brother went hiking so when we got back he showered first and I showered after it wasn’t late at all and I didn’t feel the need to glance at the mirror and since it was hot out I showered with colder water than usual. When I got out of the shower my first name was written clearly on the mirror in a girly unique handwriting. I panicked and yelled out to my brother who also saw the writing in the mirror and said he saw nothing even though he showered with really hot water and closed windows.

I don’t understand what this means and it doesn’t make any sense its not a prank I don’t understand why anybody would go through the trouble of breaking into my apartment just to write in my mirror my brother swears he didn’t do it and I honestly believe him. If anybody has any input whatsoever I would appreciate it. I am quite scared and don’t know what to do .

#2 H4yW00d

H4yW00d

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:I like spending time with family and friends, the ocean, anything outdoors, roller coasters, holidays (especially Halloween), and anything paranormal

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:51 AM

You could put a video camera on the mirror and see if the writing appears when you shower...but most likely it's something like this.

WRITE A SECRET MESSAGE
Write an invisible message on a mirror using a soapy solution and a cotton swab. The secret message will appear only in a foggy room.
What You Need:
  • liquid dishwashing detergent
  • cup of water
  • a few cotton swabs
  • hand mirror or bathroom mirror
What You Do:
Place a few drops of dishwashing detergent into the cup of water. stir to mix well. This is your secret message “ink”.
Dip a cotton swab into the soapy solution. Write a short message on the mirror. When the liquid dries, the message will be invisible. (If not, use a little less of the solution.)
When you take a hot shower or bath, do not get the mirror wet, but get the mirror close enough to the steam from the water so that it gets fogged up. Close the door so the steam stays in the bathroom.
Observe what happens. Can you read the message?
More fun: Write a message and wait until someone else takes a shower or bath. See how quickly they discover your secret.

He is your brother....I'd do it too if it freaked my sister out that bad...lol  :th_evil:

Posted Image

#3 Angelicus

Angelicus

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:I have an interest in all aspects of the paranormal and love reading & watching stuff about UFOs, reincarnation, Hauntings, ghosts, Spiritual realms, psychics, the After Life, Near Death Experiences (NDE), have an interest in other stuff like fairies, elves, Moth Man and more. I love playing MMO games, watching most sorts of movies, and love the band Disturbed. I like all sorts of music really. I'm absolutely addicted to watching The Ghost Adventures.

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:57 PM

The mirror messages would really freak me out as well.  I mean, i have heard of such stories before.  It could be a prank but you did say you even cleaned the mirror before you showered.  When you cleaned it, did you leave the bathroom to give someone a chance to sneak back in to write the message?  You mentioned that your brother swears that he didn't do it.  All i can really say is.  On a day where your brother had a shower, go into the bathroom and observe the mirror. If there are no messages.. close the door and take a shower. If there is a message that appears once your shower is done, that is probbaly a very paranormal occurance, considering there were no messages when your brother finished his shower. So that would rule out the prank of the invisible ink scenario.  Also filming it could add validity to you and anyone else.  I would be completely freaked out though.  Its understandable that this can happen at any time, but just keep at it. Take showers after your brother, and maybe a message will appear again.  Keep us up to date if anything else happens. I would be interested to know.

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:28 AM

I would use anti fog onto the mirrors before I have a shower
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 pebbrook

pebbrook

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

You said you shower with an open curtain - how do you not get water everywhere? Just curious. But if the curtain is open, why don't you just keep an eye on the mirror while you're showering?

It might be something easy to fake, but since you clean the mirror before you show I don't see how it could be your brother.

#6 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,025 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:36 AM

Dependfs on how well you clean your mirror. Oil from a finger can still remain if cleaned and only be visible when the mirror fogs up. It's a common prank
Posted Image