#21 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,703 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:14 PM

Or could some be an outward projection of the person seeing them?
Posted Image

#22 SeCRETofTheForest

SeCRETofTheForest

Apport

• GS Member
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:58 PM

I had an experience about 7-8 years ago where I came face to face with a 'double' as I entered a train. What was odder than looking at a body and face that looked exactly like me not 6 feet away (and who was apparently as shocked as myself) was what I sensed from him - that 'this wasn't supposed to happen' but in a 'this wasn't supposed to happen'/he wasn't supposed to let me see him way. It was a creepy and uncomfortable moment and I felt a huge sense of relief from him when I didn't confront him and opted to just carry on with my business, walking to the other end of the car.

Off the top of my head here's some scenarios in which people may be encountering their 'double'.  These could be difficult to distinguish between at times but I think these types of encounters and the circumstances surrounding them would tend to have their own set of characteristics when comparisons are made (though of course there'll always be the odd ones out)...

1. beings with the ability to appear as they wish taking someone's form (to whatever end)
2. dimensional weirdness where a version of someone is witnessed (not to be confused with physical time travel)
3. a thought-form in one's likeness
4. replication of one's physical body
5. two people naturally sharing an uncanny resemblance.
6. gadgetry

Cases where two people just happen to look very similar would most likely not share the odd qualities other scenarios listed here have, and while startling, I think it's a situation that's usually recognized for what it is :)

#23 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,153 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:23 AM

Hi SeCRETofTheForest!

Awesome story, and very good list of ideas.

Please keep in mind that when you post on here that we do have a swear filter and we would appreciate it if you refrain from tricking it by typing shortened versions of swear words.  I understand you weren't trying to trick it, but please keep that in mind.

Thank you :)

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#24 SeCRETofTheForest

SeCRETofTheForest

Apport

• GS Member
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:44 PM

alright, will keep that in mind

I should add that while I couldn't detect any structural differences in the face (which was uncomfortable to experience and kind of repulsive), this 'double' did not have a scar I have from a childhood accident + their hair, while very short, was a tiny bit longer than mine. Also, their clothes did not look like something that fit in my own wardrobe, they had their own style. There seemed to be an acceptance on their part (after the initial surprise) that an interaction may now be unavoidable, along with a resignation to handle it as best they could... like taking responsibility for some carelessness on their part/the situation they'd gotten into.

I was enjoying an introspective and quiet day, a day where I keep to myself and don't look to interact with others, so I did not care to approach this individual or investigate the matter further. It was also difficult standing that close even for that short time (like if we were to make contact there could be catastrophic results or something) and so I continued along and thought 'don't worry man, I don't want anything to do with this either right now'. I was having a lot of strange experiences during that period of my life and so had chosen to be very purposeful about what I focused on/spent my energy on, and at the time I didn't care to give the encounter much thought. I just laughed about it and got on with things.

#25 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,153 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:19 PM

That sounds more like an evil twin than a doppelganger.... I'm not sure if there is a difference between the two though.

Very freaky though!

Posted Image

You just get stronger."

#26 ShawnGStudy

ShawnGStudy

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:40 PM

I have heard of doppelgangers in the past. Was never sure what to think of them though as I've never really knew much about them. I must say though after reading this thread I'm much more curious.
Your Leading Gettysburg Paranormal Authority
Twitter: @WinFBLeague

#27 blazegardner

blazegardner

EVP

• GS Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:35 PM

This is one thing that scares the living hell out of me

#28 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,703 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:02 AM

I dunno. If I saw a doppelganger of myself, I'd be real curious and want to talk to myself. Or it. Or whatever..   :D
Posted Image

#29 biblophile

biblophile

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, books art

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:14 PM

View PostMichelleGStudy, on 30 September 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

Thank you NightWalker for that post.  I have always been interested in doppelganger theory & is something I want to study in depth. Maybe in the upcoming weeks we can start a thread for just that - but 1st I need to do my homework!
I read a strange story about a doppelgänger and the writer Mark Twain. Twain was on a train on his way to a party, when he arrived a female acquaintance referenced  some topic of conversation she claimed to have discussed with him earlier in the evening, the problem was he was running late for the party and was on the train when the conversation took place.

#30 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:40 PM

Wow that's pretty strange bibliophile! the famous people doppleganger stories are always fascinating!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#31 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,153 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:26 PM

View Postbiblophile, on 23 August 2016 - 02:14 PM, said:

I read a strange story about a doppelgänger and the writer Mark Twain. Twain was on a train on his way to a party, when he arrived a female acquaintance referenced  some topic of conversation she claimed to have discussed with him earlier in the evening, the problem was he was running late for the party and was on the train when the conversation took place.

That story would turn my head!  Very freaky!

Posted Image

You just get stronger."

#32 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:12 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 10 January 2016 - 09:02 AM, said:

I dunno. If I saw a doppelganger of myself, I'd be real curious and want to talk to myself. Or it. Or whatever..   :D

Me too!

Look at it this way.  If each and every one of us is 1 in a million...and there are ~7 billion people on the earth.  Then there should be 7,000 others that look just like us????

That is just my logical side chiming in :-)
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#33 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:58 PM

I have an unrelated twin I've been aware of since high school.   I met people who knew her at a speech meet and have since met quite a few people,  including her aunt,  who have thought I was her and several of my friends have met her although I've never seen her.   She's aware of me.   I've literally had to show id to some persistent people because apparently she pretends to be me when she doesn't want to talk to someone.

My most recent reminder was at the grocery store a couple weeks ago.   I was chatting with my "boyfriend"  (elderly night manager)  and he was like "man,  you were in a foul mood the other night,  you feeling better?"   I told him I hadn't been in in a couple weeks and he insisted I'd been in and rude two nights before.   I told him about my twin and he's totally going to mess with her if he sees her again.
Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#34 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 11 September 2016 - 11:24 AM

I also have one. I saw her at the inauguration, of Obama's first term as President. She was standing in the crowd. I was thinking, "What the ...!" It's so weird, when you actually see your "twin". Also I look like my cousin and my brother. looks just like one of our cousins in England. Also, they both have the same first and last names. One of my female cousins, looks like Meat Loaf, when Meat was in his 20's/30's. I'd show people a pic of him when Meat was younger and ask, "Who do you think this looks like?" and everyone will say my cousin.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users