• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Lovech

Lovech

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:50 PM

Hey guys. I will be completely honest and say that as a 27 year old guy in the Air Force, posting on a forum like this seems a little ridiculous to me, but here goes. Something happened to me when I was very young and then a follow up happened years later. I've told the story to friends and usually get a freaked out response, and for good reason. I've always wanted to know what strangers had to say or think about it so I'll stop rambling and just tell you guys what happened.

I was 4 or 5 years old I remember. As a kid you get sick more than you'd like so one night when I woke up with a stomach ache around 1 am, I went to find one of my parents to help me feel better as they always did. We lived in a one story house in a quiet little town, in a beautiful little neighborhood with zero crime. As I crawled out of my bed, from my room I could see that the living room light was on so I walked out and made the left down the hall where I saw my dad passed out on the living room couch. He had fallen asleep with the tv on. As I made my way down the hallway, I got about halfway down it and heard what most would describe as a dogs nails on tile floor. The only problem was that we didn't have a dog, or any animals whatsoever. As I turned around, in the door way of the bathroom at the end of the hall was a wolf, or a dog, standing on its hind legs staring at me. I immediately froze with sheer horror, and screamed, turning my head to see if my dad was hearing my scream but I soon realized that nothing was so horrified that nothing was  coming out of my mouth. I quickly turned back and it was gone. Needless to say I ran into the living room and fell asleep on the couch next to my dad. From that point on I was terrified of that little ranch house. I eventually got over it and spent the rest of my childhood and adolescent life in the house without ever seeing it again. In fact, I chalked it up to being a wild dream I had and made it disappear from my long term memory. Fast forward to 2008 when my new girlfriend of 1 month and I were leaving the same  house late one night to get her home. It was late, probably 11 or 12 and as we walked out of the garage into the driveway, I realized I had forgot my wallet inside. I told her to just walk to the car and that I would be out in a minute. The street that my parents live on is very dark, one streetlight about 25 yards from the house and that's it, but nothing to worry about as it was the safest place I'd ever known. After searching for my wallet inside unsuccessfully for 5 minutes I decided to give up, as it was rude to keep the girl waiting outside in the dark. As I passed through the garage, I saw her at my car at the end of our 30 foot driveway, pulling on the door handle like she was going to rip it off. I asked her what was going on and she said "open the door" so I hit the unlock button and she got in and shut the door, locking it as I was 10 feet away. I got to the car and could see that she was visibly shaken, so I unlocked the car again and got in. Before I could completely shut the door she locked the doors again. So I asked her what happened. She looked me straight in my face and said "I saw a dog running down the street on its hind legs" at this point the memory of what I saw when I was a child rushed back into my brain. I couldn't believe what I had just heard. This girl that I barely know had just seen what I saw 15 years earlier, and she was terrified.

I still don't know how it's at all possible, and it would be great to get some thoughts from you guys. Thanks so much.

#2 vave82

vave82

The Fairy with an Attitude

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • Interests:Family time, my pets, travelling, outdoors, shopping, pretty things and paranormal - quite a good mix here!

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:08 PM

Hello Lovech and welcome to the forum!! Like you, I never thought I would join a paranormal forum some time ago and... here I am haha. I am unfamiliar with what visions or apparition of wolves may mean. Is your area quite rural and could wolves be hanging around? That would possibly not explain why one was in the house if all doors were shut. Well, you are in the right forum, many helpful and knowledgeable people here :)

#3 Lovech

Lovech

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:15 PM

My parents live in a suburb of buffalo NY, there are no wolves within a 300 mile radius of that area. Even so, why would it be standing upright like a human? I am not a believer in most anything paranormal, and this is the only "paranormal" experience I've ever had. Although I don't know if this would even be classified as paranormal.

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:45 PM

Welcome to the boards Lovech. I think some of us here never thought that they would have joined a paranormal forum but like you I suppose they had their own experiences they wanted to share. We are a diverse group of members from all ages, careers, walks of life and beliefs so you are in good company :)

You might be right about you thinking your experience could have been a dream. I was convinced my sister would turn into a bear when I was younger. She used to sleepwalk which must have woken me and since she acted strange more than likely moving around the room we shared in the semi-dark and all that! Or me being told it's "Okay honey" from my parents "Go back to bed" when through a child's eyes, Well, no... it doesn't look okay! But she was scary stuff, back then, and I was 2 years younger.

Is there any folklores around your area about wolves or dogs on their hind legs. I suppose a dog could walk on it's hind legs, so maybe that was all it was and it would have been frightening experience for your girlfriend especially if she didn't like dogs or being out in the dark with one acting weird.  I think I would be saying open the door too :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 Lovech

Lovech

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:53 PM

There isn't a single thing on it I'm sure. But as far as a dog running down the street on its hind legs, at 11 o'clock at night, well that's harder to believe than the whole story itself. I suppose I'll always be stumped about it. But I know that she remembers the occasion well haha

Edited by Lovech, 05 October 2015 - 11:01 PM.

#6 vave82

vave82

The Fairy with an Attitude

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • Interests:Family time, my pets, travelling, outdoors, shopping, pretty things and paranormal - quite a good mix here!

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:59 PM

I am sure she does!!! It's not something you see every day....! I guess we do try and find possible explanations to what happened in certain situations - of course we were not there to witness it all, so it's not very easy to come up with ideas as to what may have been. But your story is very intriguing, it will be interesting to see what the others have to say! I am glad I haven't witnessed anything as such myself!!!!

#7 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,183 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:01 PM

Hi Lovech.... welcome to the Forums, I hope you enjoy your time with us!  

My first question is, did you talk about this with any of your family members at the time or even later in life? I'm thinking some of them may have had a similar experience. And if that's the case, they probably wouldn't be talking about it either. So we need to first know who else might have had this experience, at lease at some point. And did it have the appearance of a dog or wolf to them as well?

If it's an entity, time is not the same for them as it is to us. So it could have easily made an appearance 22 two years later. But like I said, there would normally have been other sightings as well for someone or another over the years. I wouldn't know why it would choose to show itself as a wolf or dog though, but it can.

What was your life like 15 years later when you had this girlfriend? I mean could you or your girlfriend have been doing anything that might attract an entity in your life?

I personally think it's a supernatural being that has a connection with that land and it doesn't mind letting others in the area know it. And appearing as a dog/wolf leaves a deeper impression, right?

So anyway, let me know for sure if any other family members have seen anything at all that might be questionable? And we can go from there.

-Jim

#8 Lovech

Lovech

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:07 PM

The house was built in 1960 and I've asked my parents about it and they've never experienced anything unusual in the house aside from my mom telling me something that happened. And it's funny because she told me that I was around 4 or 5 when she had just put my brother and I to bed around 10pm. My dad was on a business trip so she was running things. She told me that as she laid her head on her pillow, she heard the cabinets in the kitchen opening and closing, and had thought that my dad came home early from the trip and was looking for something to eat. Only to discover when she walked into the kitchen, that he in fact  had not returned. But these are the only 2 instances my family has ever had of the sort.

#9 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,183 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:29 PM

Well then... since we can't trace any other real history other than the three instances, I would have to go back to my original thought of this being a supernatural being with a connection to the land, for whatever reason.

I think those three experiences were very real and it's fine. You can chalk it up to some type of crazy life experience. I would say many of us here on the Forums have had similar things happen. And that's why we're here. Now, if tables start being thrown around, get back to us.  :)

And if others here on the forums want to chime in with their thoughts that's always good too.

#10 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:42 PM

Sometimes it only takes a few experiences to make us believers... especially if you can't find a rationale explanation for the occurrences :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#11 Lovech

Lovech

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:50 PM

Thanks guys. And that's pretty much what I do, just tell myself it was a wild thing that happened. Nothing more nothing less. I did have questions about it maybe choosing to show itself to her, I mean right place right time seems kind of doubtful.

#12 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,183 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:22 AM

That is a good question.... maybe someone else has an idea about that. It is odd that it picked her at that moment,

#13 SeCRETofTheForest

SeCRETofTheForest

Apport

• GS Member
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:51 AM

Hi Lovech - I imagine you'd be interested in hearing other eyewitness encounters with large upright canines. If you search for the 'Dogman Encounters Radio' podcast on iTunes, there are currently 63 episodes of interviews with eyewitnesses or with guests sharing stories they've gathered from people in their area. Some shows and witnesses are of course better than others.

As just a heads-up though, I personally find the host has a strange way of speaking and it took me awhile to get used to it/accept that it's apparently just how he actually speaks (at first I thought it was a joke or act), but don't let that turn you off as there's some good information to be had on there. I'd say the witnesses for the most part seem like honest people just looking to get the story off their chest, talk to someone who treats the subject with respect and doesn't consider them crazy, or find others who've experienced the same thing and learn more about what it is they saw/come to terms with it.

#14 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,183 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:15 AM

Very nice, SeCRET..... that's good stuff!  :)

#15 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:06 AM

There appears to be several videos on YouTube with dogs running on their hind legs only.

#16 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:24 PM

Welcome Lovech.  I have never hear of anything such as this.  It's very interesting & thank you for sharing your story with us.

#17 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:11 PM

Hello Lovech!  That's a very chilling and creepy story!  Thank you for sharing!
Posted Image

#18 Lovech

Lovech

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 12:01 AM

No problem. I do like telling it, even though the memory of it still freaks me out a little bit. It really is the craziest thing that's ever happened to me-bar none.

#19 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,183 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 12:09 AM

I guess we should at least consider what evp has brought up, however unlikely it may seem. Did the dog/wolf seem to have front legs?
Here's a link: Click Here

#20 Lovech

Lovech

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 03:49 AM

Haha I wish it had looked like that. It did have front legs lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users