• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dman

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:41 PM

These two pics are interesting. My friend was taking pictures of me trying to contact spirits through channeling of energy and at one point he captured two out-of-focus pics which revealed crystal clear lines of white. If this was dust then how is it appearing like this?Attached File  1.jpg   25.6K   21 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   21.95K   20 downloads

Edited by Dman, 24 May 2016 - 05:05 PM.

#2 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Interests:Digital Still Creation

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:17 PM

If there was flash involved it's definitely suspect and it's blurred from a slow shutter. There also appears to be a blurred portion from the flashes reflection from a reflective surface.

Here is how orbs are created naturally.

http://www.ghostgadg...ledge/orbs.html

If you used a high quality camera, used a shutter release, a tripod and used off camera flash, this wouldn't have happened.

This is normality of low quality optics and poor stabilization.

I stopped using poor quality optics and inadequate techniques 7 years ago and I never get these images anymore.

Sharp images can be obtained from long exposures. This one I've recently done in b&w had the shutter open for 121 seconds (2 minutes 1 second).

http://photos1.meetu..._450238645.jpeg

Edited by EVP, 24 May 2016 - 06:24 PM.

My Signature
Posted Image

#3 Dman

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:05 PM

View PostEVP, on 24 May 2016 - 06:17 PM, said:

If there was flash involved it's definitely suspect and it's blurred from a slow shutter. There also appears to be a blurred portion from the flashes reflection from a reflective surface.

Here is how orbs are created naturally.

http://www.ghostgadg...ledge/orbs.html

If you used a high quality camera, used a shutter release, a tripod and used off camera flash, this wouldn't have happened.

This is normality of low quality optics and poor stabilization.

I stopped using poor quality optics and inadequate techniques 7 years ago and I never get these images anymore.

Sharp images can be obtained from long exposures. This one I've recently done in b&w had the shutter open for 121 seconds (2 minutes 1 second).

http://photos1.meetu..._450238645.jpeg
Then why are there crystal clear streaks in a blurry picture?

#4 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Interests:Digital Still Creation

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:58 PM

As I said it's slow shutter blurring.from the flash reflecting off a surface while moving. There isn't any point analyzing blurry images. Use a tripod and this will stop. A fundamental rule in photography is to use a tripod when the llight becomes challenging.

Edited by EVP, 24 May 2016 - 10:04 PM.

My Signature
Posted Image

#5 Woodsmann

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:52 AM

I agree it's an anomaly resulting from a slow shutter.

Still images may be fun to talk about, but with regards to getting an image to be believed by believers it should be a video.   Flying objects in videos can be just about anything, typically that dust orb floating along close to the camera is the case, but such discussions are all to numerous to repeat again.

A true paranormal entity should show signs of intelligence during it's flight, and/or be witnessed with the naked eye at the same time the movie is taken (preferably by a second person), and/or being able to determine a distance from the camera of the object, and/or being able to establish the size of the object.  Also animals taking notice of the object is helpful as common dogs and cats will sense the paranormal long before you will.  Now let's assume you have a video that meets one or more of this criteria, then you have to pass a skeptical review.  For example, let's say the objects flies with what appears to be a purpose (intelligence), then is it an out of focus insect?  Or a particle of dust caught in cross currents?

I know you are trying very hard to find something paranormal.  But IMO you need to find a hot spot, a place where there is at least suspect activity.  And if you are lucky enough to get a good movie, it will be more by chance than by design - you just gotta be at the right place at the right time.  They will not come to you.

Edited by Woodsmann, 25 May 2016 - 06:07 AM.

#6 Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:36 PM

Whenever you see "rods"  with a blurred image look at them carefully.   When they all line up like that it shows the path of the camera shake while the shutter was open.
My Signature
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com