• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Corny6

Corny6

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:53 AM

G'day, been reading some threads on here just out of interest and thought I'd join just to get some opinions on some things that went on in my old home.

Now I never at the time thought to myself "this place is haunted" because anything that happened as pretty much few and far between. But it wasn't til I got talking to my sister and my older cousin the other night about the old joint I thought maybe there was something more to it. I later had a old mate of mine say he had the same feeling's about a certain part of the house.

Anyway I'll start with the small things I witnessed first and most of these happened around the time I was 20 and living in the house alone. One that stands out to me was waking up morning to footsteps down the hall, I remember was lying in bed listening thinking someone had broken into the house, but then I head the footsteps turn into a running thump thump thump down the hall and the front door goes BANG and slams shut....I sat straight up and my window looks straight out to the front yard where I would have seen someone running out of the front yard if they took the front door out, saw no body. Again could just be a intruder but something just gave me the feeling it was something more than that.

Another thing that happened the same year, was one night I was out the back verendah having a beer. I had 2 dogs at this stage, one an old dog I had since i was about 12ish and another a young pup which I had for about a year. Anyway this night both were just doing there own thing in the yard when suddenly both came running on to the verendah and stood in front of me sitting on the bench, they were looking over at the shed both growling at something I just couldn't see....now as I said one of these dogs I had been a pet for years and not once have I seen her react to anything in this way. But I got up and started to walk towards to shed trying to see what it was they were growling at. But even as I approached both dogs followed and kept trying to put themselves between me and shed. Now again this could have been an animal but the reaction from both dogs I had never seen from them either let alone both, and there's no way I could have missed an intruder entering. The dogs didn't settle down until I took them inside.

3rd one and this too me was the strangest one which I had no explication for, this room I was sleeping in had been my room for a while growing up. It used to be my too younger sisters room, til one of them woke up one night and said she saw the shadow of a man pulling something on the wall. She refused to sleep in that room since, so I went in and never had really issue. But this night I remember I hadn't fallen alseep yet, when from the desk I had against the wall right cross from my bed I heard something rolling off it until it hit the floor and bounced a few times. I lied in bed just thinking too myself "what do I have on my desk that can roll pff?"....but it was a little while after whatever it was stopped bouncing that I heard it starting to roll again, this time along the the floor, under my bed then stop when it hit the wall right under my pillow, this was when I went ok...that's a little strange...then it rolled along the wall until it hit the draws I had on my bedside which had me really going what the f would roll like that......

Anyway it was after talking to me sister and cousin that I mentioned all these and I added..."and that hall way to the toilet used to freak me out at night" Now this hall way was a extension we had put in years ago as a kid and for some reason going down this hall to the loo...particularly walking back just made me feel uneasy, like I had a urge to just get too the end of the hall as quick as possible, just get out of that hall. It was when I said this my sister said she used to feel the exact same way about that hall....it was later I told me old mate who used to crash after a night on the grog and he said he felt it too down the hall.

But after all that was the claim from my cousin, who said she woke up when she was staying over one night in the lounge room and she saw a little girl in the middle of the room, who disappeared like that. I had never seen anything in that house with me own eyes but she was swearing to us she saw it one night.

So anyway hopefully that wasn't too long but yeah that's my story of the old house.

#2 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:43 AM

Welcome to the forums,  corny 6!

Thanks for sharing your story.   Like you've said,  everything could be explained but it's all odd at the same time and that's how hauntings often go. You experience things you just can't quite fit into the box.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#3 Little Rhody

Little Rhody

Orb

• GS Member
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding, surfing, paranormal

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:55 AM

GOod stuff!

#4 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:23 AM

And that's how it all washes out.  Interesting really.  People search for reasons odd stuff goes on and it's not
"hauntings" as an explanation even though they may roll it around in their minds after a period of time and then say,
naah.

You're in good company.

Edited by Menet, 18 June 2016 - 08:23 AM.

#5 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,127 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 10:13 AM

Corny6, First of all, welcome to the forums!  :)

How old are you, around 20?
How long since you moved out of the house?
Was your family renting or buying the house?

Thanks.

#6 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,733 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:29 PM

Hi Corny, welcome to the forums! Thank you for sharing your families story with us, I enjoyed reading!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#7 Corny6

Corny6

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:49 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 18 June 2016 - 10:13 AM, said:

Corny6, First of all, welcome to the forums!  :)

How old are you, around 20?
How long since you moved out of the house?
Was your family renting or buying the house?

Thanks.

29 and been out of the house for about 7 years. The house was brought and we sold it since.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users