• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 dodgeVan

dodgeVan

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:03 AM

In the evening, it was dark, in a sprucewood forest, just above the trees, wings spread, made no sound, had big, black eyes, was 20 feet away from me, seemed to be frightened/startled a bit as its moved it head a little backwards when I saw it, drove slowly in my car past it. It was the size of a Dodge van, approx. Somehow didn't feel scared at all, but also not like staying there... I got a semi heart attack around 7-10 minutes later, Any ideas what it was?

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,935 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:12 AM

Welcome to the forums!  Doesn't sound like anything I've heard of before. I'm wondering though if because of the trees, maybe your perspective was off and it wasn't as large as you thought it was
Posted Image

#3 dodgeVan

dodgeVan

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:04 AM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 26 August 2016 - 08:12 AM, said:

Welcome to the forums!  Doesn't sound like anything I've heard of before. I'm wondering though if because of the trees, maybe your perspective was off and it wasn't as large as you thought it was

I haven't been able to find anything about it either. It just happened one night, totally unexpected. And no, the creature was clearly above the trees next to my car and it was big, if there was some kind of perspective distortion and it was really 25% smaller than I though it still was the biggest "bird" I've ever seen by far. Its wings span over three or four adjacent spruces. And it was totally bright white except those totally deep, big, black eyes.A nature spirit? God taken owl form? God's friend/pet/slave/employee (don't really know about God Ltd., how it works, just guessing here)?Its size and brightness and silence were amazing. I felt more like happily surprised than scared. Said: "WOW!" :DI've been to that same spot many a times later, but no trace of it. Perhaps it comes and goes as it likes and is not tied to a single spot. Perhaps there was some anomality and for unknown reasons I was able to see it, to its dimension, through the barrier... ? I have no idea. All clues are kindly accepted.

And yes, I'm new to spiritualism and ghosts etc., and didn't believe any of that stuff before this happened. Now I'm searching for clues...

Edited by dodgeVan, 26 August 2016 - 10:32 AM.

#4 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:59 PM

Hello and welcome!

That's a very unusual sighting...  I'm speechless.  Where was it that you saw this bird?
Posted Image

#5 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,120 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:40 PM

In the Hockomock Swap, which is part of the Bridgewater Triangle, there have been reports over the years, of a huge black prehistoric-like bird roaming about there. It had glowing red eyes and a wingspan of between 8 and 12 feet.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#6 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:10 PM

Is it possible you saw a stork?   They're white (at least the undersides) and have enormous (more than ten foot)  wingspans.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#7 Dazzled Dad

Dazzled Dad

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 288 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:05 PM

View PostTantric KittenGStudy, on 26 August 2016 - 09:10 PM, said:

Is it possible you saw a stork?   They're white (at least the undersides) and have enormous (more than ten foot)  wingspans.

A stork with a 10 foot wingspan? Seems a bit much.

#8 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,120 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:06 PM

Did it look like this?
Posted Image

Or this?
Posted Image

Posted Image

My Shop

#9 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,120 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:37 PM

View PostDazzled Dad, on 26 August 2016 - 10:05 PM, said:

A stork with a 10 foot wingspan? Seems a bit much.

Oriental Stork has a wingspan of 2.22m (7.3-ft)

Source

The Marabou Stork has a 3.7m (12 ft)

Source

White storks have a wingspan of 2.15m (7.083-ft)

Source
Source

Wood Storks have wingspans of  1.8m (5.916 ft)
Source
Source

Posted Image

My Shop

#10 Dazzled Dad

Dazzled Dad

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 288 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:24 PM

Agreed, but the only stork you'll be likely to see in the US is the wood stork.
The chances of seeing a marabou stork in America are pretty slim.

#11 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,120 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:58 PM

That depends, it may have gotten caught up in a storm. Wind current and speed can cause birds, that would normally not be in your region/country, to be blown off course. I've seen birds, that don't belong in the US before. They got blown in by a hurricane. As I always say, "Anything can happen, anything is possible.".

Posted Image

My Shop

#12 dodgeVan

dodgeVan

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:29 AM

I'm not sure if I should give away the exact location of the sighting as it might somehow affect, possibly in a negative way, my research. But this happened in Europe. I'll come back more details about the location later if I feel confident about it.

But definitely not a stork. Image a van sized owl, totally white and featureless except for relatively big, black eyes, and silent. It immediately reminded me of an owl, because of the shape of its black eyes. I didn't see legs or beak or other features. And its wings were just behind the treetops (trees between me and the wings), and the middle body was above another tree.

It was like a badly photoshopped image where you can immediately spot the photoshopped part, because it doesn't look like anything other in the picture. It was just white, no shading, no small features...

#13 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,717 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:48 AM

Interesting, are you looking to try and capture the creature on film?
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#14 dodgeVan

dodgeVan

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:01 AM

<p>

View Postearthlydelites, on 27 August 2016 - 12:48 AM, said:

Interesting, are you looking to try and capture the creature on film?

Before trying to film it I'd like to know what it is, and does it want something, can it be interacted with, and what does it mean to our understanding of reality, history, religions and everything. Getting it on film would be sweet, but carrying cameras with me might keep it away, if it is such a being that can sense that cameras do no good to it, or it can understand that I'm looking for it and wants to stay hidden. The time I saw it I was just casually driving through the forest via a small sandy one lane road, going back home, not looking for anything... Except there it was, all of a sudden.

Edited by dodgeVan, 27 August 2016 - 01:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users