• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 fordzilla

fordzilla

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:28 year law enforcement officer. My wife and I call ourselves "paranormal tourists." That is, we make a pastime of travelling to famous haunts and investigating/staying/visiting. We take tons of photos (Search my name on this forum to see some of them, including at least two apparitions we captured) but we NEVER attempt contact or communication.

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:36 AM

What about psychic abilities?
"There are chords in the hearts of men which cannot be touched without emotion.  Even with the utterly lost, to whom both life and death are jest, there are some matters about which no jest can be made."- Edgar Allen Poe

#42 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,310 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 27 October 2016 - 08:03 AM

Is that a show? haven't heard of it
Posted Image

#43 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:03 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 27 October 2016 - 08:03 AM, said:

Is that a show? haven't heard of it

I couldn't find a show called Psychic abilities, but I did find three shows with Psychic in their titles.

Psychic Detectives

Posted Image When investigators have exhausted every lead and turned over every stone. When detectives are out of time and out of luck. Where do they turn? Law enforcement has developed an arsenal of tools to help stalled investigations. But how often do they actually enlist the help of a psychic? Psychic Detectives tells the true stories of real cases where psychics help detectives solve some of law enforcement’s most baffling cases. It’s the show that’s turning skeptics into believers.

Official site: courttv.com/onair/shows/psychic_detectives/

Psychic Witness

Posted Image They are the secret weapon in the investigative arsenal. The last resort for desperate families. The downfall of some of the most heinous criminals. They are forensic psychics, and their growing role in crime fighting is real. Follow along as detectives across the country turn to the uncanny abilities of psychics and solve the most baffling crimes with their help. Through dramatic re-enactments, stunning visual effects and interviews with actual participants, each episode of Psychic Witness tells two captivating stories straight from the case files of real cops — and real psychics.

Official site: tlc.discovery.com/fansites/psychic_witness/psychic_witness.html

Psychic Investigators

Posted Image Real-life detective thrillers take on a supernatural turn in this documentary series about actual dramatic crimes that are solved through the unlikely combination of hi-tech detective work and the paranormal powers of a psychic. In each episode, one amazing story is told from two very different points of view - the detective and the psychic. This series juxtaposes the psychic's story - colored with emotion, empathy and mystery, with the cop's tale - dominated by logic, evidence and reason.

Official site: biography.com/psychic_investigators/

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#44 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 01:13 AM

I think I've watched psychic investigators before - usually these ones are pretty dramatic retellings of events so i don't watch a lot od them!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#45 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Disembodied Voice

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:43 AM

Paranormal Witness and A Haunting. I can't stand The Haunted because it's just following someone who says they're a medium around. Paranormal Witness and A Haunting are retelling of stories, which I find very entertaining. I also don't like these paranormal investigative shows because it's obvious much of it is faked because spirits don't obey on command like a dog.

#46 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,310 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:55 PM

Did I mention Kindred Spirits before? (Amy Bruni and Adam Berry) Great new show.

American Horror Story....anyone else think it jumped the shark after the last episode? Not liking it much now at all.

Tonight is a 2 hour Ghost Adventures Halloween special, and Monday, a new Paranormal Lockdown in the infamous Black Monk House
Posted Image

#47 K9Crusader

K9Crusader

Apport

• GS Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 02:20 PM

GA might be a good one tonight, some interesting locations. I hope Zak can get through it without any possessions, it's staring to get annoying.

#48 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,310 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:05 AM

haha multiple possessions! I think almost everyone on the show got possessed at some point last night!   Seriously, this was one of the worst episodes ever. Seemed like they had everything worked out in advance and were acting. 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. I think THEY jumped the shark last night. That's 2 shows in the past week. Hmmm....    ;)
Posted Image

#49 K9Crusader

K9Crusader

Apport

• GS Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:34 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 30 October 2016 - 08:05 AM, said:

haha multiple possessions! I think almost everyone on the show got possessed at some point last night!   Seriously, this was one of the worst episodes ever. Seemed like they had everything worked out in advance and were acting. 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. I think THEY jumped the shark last night. That's 2 shows in the past week. Hmmm.... ;)
Yeah I got about 20 min in to it and I fell a sleep, Zak had already had a borderline possession by that point. I really doubt they have another season in them I think GA is going to go the way of the Dodo.

#50 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Disembodied Voice

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:49 PM

I stopped watching Ghost Adventures a long time ago. It's just another ghost hunters show and they are pretty much always fake.

#51 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 11:40 PM

hahaha I love how creative he gets with his possessions!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#52 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,310 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 08:14 AM

Yeah, really!  He was choking himself and talking in a squeaky voice!
Posted Image

#53 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:12 PM

I saw Nick Groff's A Yorkshire Haunting last night which was goo, they went to 30 East Drive in Pontefract, Yorkshire, UK

It was a good show butI did noticed some acting or recreations. The big one was when Nick climbed onto the stair bannisters and unlatched the 2 hooks of the ceiling roof access hatch when the big clock on the stairs falls over and nick jumps down all startled aand swears etc, then after a lot of fluff Nick then climbs back onto the banisters and again unlatches the 2 hooks of the ceiling roof access hatch. HOW DID THEY GET RE-LATCHED? and Nick does not even mention that the roof hatch has re-latched, so definitely recreation and re filmed.
--
Sean aka Capt Zeanie

Posted Image

Posted Image

#54 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,310 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:30 PM

I thought it was scripted and acted to a large degree. And the ending with Nick yelling to take him real lame. I swear, paranormal tv shows are just getting worse. The GA Halloween show and now this. Just friggin investigate! SMH
Posted Image

#55 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:08 AM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 01 November 2016 - 06:30 PM, said:

I thought it was scripted and acted to a large degree. And the ending with Nick yelling to take him real lame. I swear, paranormal tv shows are just getting worse. The GA Halloween show and now this. Just friggin investigate! SMH

Not in the near future. Unfortunately, now a days stupidity rules, with idiots running around and hamming it up.

Posted Image

My Shop

#56 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 01:51 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 21 October 2016 - 03:49 PM, said:

Well, American Horror Story season 6 took a turn. Last week it looked like it was over (although we knew better!)   The episode the other night looks like the rest of this season could be even better than the first part!

Yes, I am still watching this and wondering if I can get this to post,

https://www.youtube....h?v=GeaakQ1EugY

Could be fun if you like quirky stuff or history...how about quirky history.

I fixed your link, you left out the https:// part ~Vlawde

Edited by VlawdeGStudy, 05 November 2016 - 02:14 PM.
fixed link

Happily Wacko.

#57 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:38 AM

Just watching a few old Paranormal State episodes last night and they had Lorraine Warren on. Quite interesting as I watched the Conjuring 1 & 2 last week

I have said before about how Zak et al in Ghost Adventures also seem to get possessed on every episode and it got me thing when watching Paranormal State/Ghost Hunters/Ghost Hunters International that none of them ever get possessed, so where does the actual boundry exist. If have to think that GA is now all about "Zak" and trying to make him look like Mr BIG of the paranormal TV world but for me it's turning me off even more. As you said Valwde "Just friggin investigate" and forget the amateur dramatics.
--
Sean aka Capt Zeanie

Posted Image

Posted Image

#58 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:29 PM

Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you need to be vulnerable spiritually, mentally and emotionally to be possessed. Also, it can happen when you dabble in the occult. As an example, you play around with a Ouija board. Your asking for a spirit to come forth and answer questions, but you don't know if what you're dealing with. Is it an actual spirit or a negative entity. If it's a evil entity, you've made yourself vulnerable by engaging with it. Especially if you're doing so in your own home. Once it's been acknowledge, it now has an invite into your home and now can take up residents. It will lure you into a false sense of security, thus you then let your guard down and have allowed it a way to posses you. It will start to wear you down and alienate you from friends and family. It'll continue this, till your the most vulnerable and alone. At that point, it'll strike.

Posted Image

My Shop