32 replies to this topic

#1 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,169 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:41 AM

Posting here to ask your Thoughts on this Particular Photo Capture.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photo was submitted to Ghoststudy.com for consideration on June 23, 2017

About this photo...
Robert writes, this photo was taken 10 years ago in Gettysburg, PA. It was nighttime. We were in the
basement of the old wax figure building. I took a picture of my wife after a few moments of complete
darkness. The image looks a lot like the former museum curator or whatever. I know it’s a wax museum
but that face looks way to real! I don’t like looking at it. What do you think?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

Posted Image

Is his body all dark or is that a shadow? And this mans figure looks way to skinny to be living being (body-wise) . Is it a another patron visiting or maybe just a wax figure? Or considering where it was taken (Gettysburg), could it be a ghostly figure lurking around Roberts wife? I am finding myself with lot's of questions concerning this photo. :huh:

I've asked Robert if we can get hold of somebody at this museum even after 10 years and see if they might know what's going on.
I've invited Robert's family to at least view the comments and maybe post, if they like.

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 05:02 AM

Yeah, :confused0068: that is creepy! You think if it was a shadow there should be others cast but I can't see any
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 chapsparanormal

chapsparanormal

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigation, Martial Arts, Travel, Geocaching

Posted 24 June 2017 - 05:45 AM

Creepy looking yes, but there are other mannequins in the room, in kind of a creepy fashion I would expect this to be a part of that display. The sheer fact is is a wax figure building lends to some being more realistic
Dave Gibb,
Director Canadian Haunting and Paranormal Society
http://www.chapsparanormal.ca
Liaison TAPS Family International.
Oshawa Ontario Canada

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 06:54 AM

This is how I am seeing the creepy IT :confused0068:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,964 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:25 AM

I believe the face is likely pareidolia
Posted Image

#6 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,169 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:59 AM

Thanks for the outline of the image, Klainey!

Okay good... so far what I'm getting is:
1. it looks way too real and creepy to be a mannequin....... 2. a mannequin...... and 3. pareidolia (illusion).   .....Good start.  :)

I guess since it's so skinny, creepy and dark, I'll go with a supernatural occurrence for now. Maybe someone can find some old pics of the museum online that might help solve this mystery. And I'm still waiting to hear back to see if the museum is still operating. And maybe find out what they know about this.

#7 The_Dead_Shall_Rise_Again

The_Dead_Shall_Rise_Again

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:18 AM

with the quality of that picture,I'm not sure how we can come to any solid conclusion.Too hard to tell what it might be,or what caused it.

#8 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,169 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:20 AM

Wax Museum in Gettysburg

Posted Image

Apparently two museums in Gettysburg closed in the last 3 years and I suspect the one Robert
writes about in this topic was one of them.
Posted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View PostThe_Dead_Shall_Rise_Again, on 24 June 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

with the quality of that picture,I'm not sure how we can come to any solid conclusion.Too hard to tell what it might be,or what caused it.

Good point.

#9 WhispersInTheAttic

WhispersInTheAttic

Apport

• GS Member
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:anime. films. horror movies. music. playing guitar. video games. books and comics. writing. poetry. art. beaches. nature. photography. swimming. stargazing. the paranormal. graveyards. meditation. crystals, rocks and gemstones.

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:53 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 24 June 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

Wax Museum in Gettysburg

Posted Image

Apparently two museums in Gettysburg closed in the last 3 years and I suspect the one Robert
writes about in this topic was one of them.
Posted Image

Posted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good point.

Those look rather creepy too! :confused0068:

Posted Image

#10 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,169 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:02 PM

Whispers... I edited my post while you were commenting... so pictures have changed a bit in my post above.  :)

#11 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:22 PM

Wow they are creepy wax figures too :confused0068:
Posted Image

#12 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:19 PM

whhhyyyyy... why do you people take pictures in the dark? You know there's always something lurking! LURKING I TELL YOU! lol.

I wish there was another picture of the room with no one in it, so we can get a better idea on what's going on. Creepy creepers gonna creep.
Posted Image

#13 Shawn4233

Shawn4233

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:06 AM

A few years ago I did an investigation at the Jennie Wade house in Gettysburg. In the basement of the house they have what looks like a body covered in a blanket where the Union soldiers carried the body and was kept in the basement with the family until after the war. The body itself was a rejected piece from the wax museum and when the blanket was uncovered from the head, it almost resembles what the image in this pic looks like after being stored for so long. I could be completely wrong but it's the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the photo.
Your Leading Gettysburg Paranormal Authority
Twitter: @WinFBLeague

#14 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,169 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:42 AM

If that's the case, Shawn... it's super thin body is no longer covered up.

Were you able to investigate the Jennie Wade house after closing? That would be super exciting!  :)

#15 Lamfada

Lamfada

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:47 AM

View PostShawn4233, on 25 June 2017 - 08:06 AM, said:

A few years ago I did an investigation at the Jennie Wade house in Gettysburg. In the basement of the house they have what looks like a body covered in a blanket where the Union soldiers carried the body and was kept in the basement with the family until after the war. The body itself was a rejected piece from the wax museum and when the blanket was uncovered from the head, it almost resembles what the image in this pic looks like after being stored for so long. I could be completely wrong but it's the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the photo.

This seems the most plausible explanation. Great post!

#16 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:18 PM

I wonder if she was near a mummy exhibit...  Maybe one of them wasn't quite dead yet Posted Image

View PostShawn4233, on 25 June 2017 - 08:06 AM, said:

I like that explanation.  That's probably exactly what it is.
Posted Image

#17 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,169 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:38 PM

So are you saying that you suspect the dark figure (in the photo) is a wax figure stored in the basement of the museum? And then at some point given to the Jennie Wade House? And you suspect they are one of the same? Just want to make sure I understand.  :)

#18 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,220 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:53 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 24 June 2017 - 02:41 AM, said:

Posting here to ask your Thoughts on this Particular Photo Capture.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photo was submitted to Ghoststudy.com for consideration on June 23, 2017

About this photo...
Robert writes, this photo was taken 10 years ago in Gettysburg, PA. It was nighttime. We were in the
basement of the old wax figure building. I took a picture of my wife after a few moments of complete
darkness. The image looks a lot like the former museum curator or whatever. I know it’s a wax museum
but that face looks way to real! I don’t like looking at it. What do you think?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

Posted Image

Is his body all dark or is that a shadow? And this mans figure looks way to skinny to be living being (body-wise) . Is it a another patron visiting or maybe just a wax figure? Or considering where it was taken (Gettysburg), could it be a ghostly figure lurking around Roberts wife? I am finding myself with lot's of questions concerning this photo. :huh:

I've asked Robert if we can get hold of somebody at this museum even after 10 years and see if they might know what's going on.
I've invited Robert's family to at least view the comments and maybe post, if they like.

View PostThe_Dead_Shall_Rise_Again, on 24 June 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

I'm with The Dead in this. Tthe quality of the photo isn't great and add to the fact that it's a picture of a photo. That alone will screw up any analysis of the pic. Could he send you a scan of the photograph? That would make it clearer than a photo of a photo.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#19 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,169 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 01:03 PM

Ghost pictures are the worst to study... usually taken at night or in a dark musty building. Conditions never seem to be ideal. But still fun to consider.  :)
I just received this particular pic two days ago... so I should be able get hold of him.... I'll send him an email.  :)

#20 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,220 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 25 June 2017 - 01:04 PM

I've inverted the colors and turned the close up into b&W. The inverted photo shows that the darkness behind Robert's wife isn't a part of her and the b&w pic shows the thing's shadow behind it's head.
Attached File  GSPhotos1419.jpg   56.26K   11 downloads
Attached File  GSPhotos1417.jpg   37.62K   12 downloads

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users