MacQdor

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:33 PM

<p> Audio Pareidoila is a real thing

http://www.livinglif...ila-real-thing/

Most investigators are aware or quickly learn of the term Pareidoila.  Also referred to as matrixing we know in a nutshell that our brain tries to make sense of random patterns and that is why we see elephants in the shapes of clouds and faces in the steam patterns on our shower doors.  If you want to know more detail, you can find it in a previous article Pareidoila is just our brains trying to be smart.  Did you know there is an audio version of this phenomenon?

Have you heard of where Rock Bands supposedly had satanic messages hidden in their records and if you played a record backwards at a slow speed you could actually hear these satanic messages?  What about people that swear they are hearing a conversation in another room of the house when no one is there?  A common one is people saying they can hear a musical tune when there is no radio in sight.  Audio pareidola is the culprit (and a bit of Musical Ear Syndrome too).  Lets break it down.

Attitude is your acceptance of the natural laws, or your rejection of the natural laws

#2 chapsparanormal

chapsparanormal

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigation, Martial Arts, Travel, Geocaching

Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:44 PM

Yes a very real thing 90% of evp hits sent to me are a result of this. Your brain will decide what it wants to hear.
This is why we A have voice samples that we scan against for their actual levels and texture as well as we film in the 3rd person so we can put to the time, and see who was moving their mouth. Incredible if you see it on video and realize what it is, then go back and listen to the audio and it sounds very different.
Dave Gibb,
Director Canadian Haunting and Paranormal Society
http://www.chapsparanormal.ca
Liaison TAPS Family International.
Oshawa Ontario Canada

#3 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:12 PM

Hey Dave,

have you ever tried running EVPs through voice recognition software? I just use google and anytime someone has an EVP I just see what google thinks they are saying ... usually it's nothing BUT in your case it would be interesting to see if google can pickup and correctly identify a mislabeled EVP.

Just to clarify ... it sounds like you have examples of EVPs that were later identified as somebody saying something else. I think it would be useful to see if google identifies it as that something else :yes:

That way you would know who or what is better at identifying EVP words.
- siguie -

#4 chapsparanormal

chapsparanormal

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigation, Martial Arts, Travel, Geocaching

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:52 PM

It is certainly something I can look at. Would be interesting to see.
Dave Gibb,
Director Canadian Haunting and Paranormal Society
http://www.chapsparanormal.ca
Liaison TAPS Family International.
Oshawa Ontario Canada

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users