Old man demon multiple

• You cannot reply to this topic
44 replies to this topic

#1 Michali

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:06 AM

I just noticed this very visible spirit in the background, while looking at old photos with my mom. This is my mom and me at our home where I had 2 spirit encounters. Look at the doorway, directly above my head, at the top of the photo. At first I thought it was one spirit, but I believe it is actually two. Notice the color variation, and is that a horn on the one to the right? I've been told this photo is FULL of spirits. What do you see?

Attached Files

#2 SpukiKitty

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:32 AM

View PostMichali, on 29 November 2017 - 06:06 AM, said:

I just noticed this very visible spirit in the background, while looking at old photos with my mom. This is my mom and me at our home where I had 2 spirit encounters. Look at the doorway, directly above my head, at the top of the photo. At first I thought it was one spirit, but I believe it is actually two. Notice the color variation, and is that a horn on the one to the right? I've been told this photo is FULL of spirits. What do you see?

Is it the stuff in the Purple square....
Posted Image
....or the stuff in the pink square?

Also; Welcome to Ghoststudy! I'm SpukiKitty. Been here since around 2006.

I will remind you one thing about this site. Although we do indeed feel that ghosts are real we still analyze each bit of evidence to try to rule-out non-paranormal causes first (Like camera artifacts, pareidolia, hoaxes, etc.). It's good to have a healthy bit of skepticism when looking at every bit of evidence of the paranormal/alien/cryptozoological/psychic/etc.....There's some folks out there who are hoaxers, delusional, etc. and we don't want to be fools.

That said; We are nothing like the "James Randi" crowd who'll be out to debunk anything and refuse to even consider anything not-material valid. We are believers in stuff "out there" but we still try to be balanced and cautious.

Thus; To anyone new here, please do not be discouraged with us if you submit something and some or all of us may have a "mundane" explanation or theory.

This is what I shall write from now on with new members.
My Signature
Posted Image

#3 MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:44 AM

Hi Michali, welcome to the forums :)
My Signature
Posted Image

#4 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,037 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:02 AM

Welcome! I blew up the photos, but am not seeing anything unusual myself.
My Signature
Posted Image

#5 Michali

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:05 AM

Thank you all for the welcome! The purple rectangle, right side, is the main one I'm talking about. I don't know about the pink box for sure. I know there is a couch there. I think some of that could just be camera distortion, though I don't really think all of it is. Obviously this is a photo taken of another photo, so I'm trying to get the original. My mom has it. The area I mentioned, though, can't possibly be distortion. The detail of two faces is just too clear. The white one looks to me like an older man facing slightly to the right and bent over a bit, and the one on the right appears to be a dark color, maybe bluish or gray, very straight posture, seems to be hiding behind the old man, and sort of looks like a horn on its head too.

Edited by Michali, 29 November 2017 - 09:08 AM.

#6 jwc

Apport

• GS Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:15 AM

Strange photos to be sure. I am always looking at old photos  looking for anomalies.

#7 Michali

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:58 AM

View PostVlawde, on 29 November 2017 - 09:02 AM, said:

Welcome! I blew up the photos, but am not seeing anything unusual myself.

Check out the area I mentioned specifically. It's definitely there. Right side of the purple box that someone else asked about. Check my last comment for the details. I think you'll be able to see it then. You have to blow it all the way up to see the detail.

#8 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,037 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:09 AM

Not really seeing it, but (at least to my eyes), when blowing up the photo, it introduces a lot of pixelization and distortion. There are 2 lighter spots that may be interpreted as eyes, but they kind of fit in with the rest of the distortion. Not saying you didn't experience anything paranormal, just offering an opinion on the picture! ;)
My Signature
Posted Image

#9 Michali

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:50 AM

I'll try to upload another photo with better light adjustment... And also another showing what I see penciled in. Maybe that will help.

#10 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:50 AM

This image has been enlarged with pixel enlargement software to 300 percent, brightened approximately .5  Stops in exposure with just a small amount of sharpening. The image contains pixelation and artifact producing random patterns of noise that can easily be explained as natural causes without any paranormal references. Higher amounts of noise and artifact can be found in the shadows of images due to the digitalization and physical limitations of optics. The mind typically likes to assign an association from the chaos much like seeing shapes in clouds. I am guilty of applying natural explanations first simply from my balanced skepticism and my photographic background as a working photographer.
Posted Image

Edited by EVP, 29 November 2017 - 11:03 AM.

My Signature

#11 Michali

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:14 AM

The photo seems darker on here than before. It could be my phone right now, and I'm outside in the sunlight. But as soon as I'm home, I will upload a photo showing more clearly what I see here.

#12 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:26 AM

I adjusted the image using Photoshop 2017 CC with a color calibrated monitor. I can assure you the exposure levels were brightened from the original. I use special software (Spyder 5) to produce consistent workflow for viewing and for printing purposes in my business. I suspect moving to your phone and looking at the display in an outdoor environment will produce changes to the eye in viewing.

One parameter I did not adjust was white balance. The skin tones are a little warm in this image likely from an external source of light. Cameras are not always good at detecting color temperatures. Tungsten lights usually warm and yellow the skin in images. I did not adjust this simply to retain it's original properties.

Here's a really good example of how cameras become confused with color temperatures. The ambient light is blue and the overhead light turns things yellow. Color correction is difficult with mixed sources of light requiring generally advanced masking in graphic software.

Posted Image

Edited by EVP, 29 November 2017 - 11:46 AM.

My Signature

#13 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,037 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:53 AM

Keep in mind, too much enhancement of photos introduce additional artifacts. If an area is too dark, then the photo is brightened, that dark area won't really show up much better. And then you end up with noise and pixels
My Signature
Posted Image

#14 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:55 AM

View PostVlawde, on 29 November 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

Keep in mind, too much enhancement of photos introduce additional artifacts. If an area is too dark, then the photo is brightened, that dark area won't really show up much better. And then you end up with noise and pixels

That's very true Vlawde and another reason why I only pushed the image .5 of a stop of light.
My Signature

#15 Michali

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:51 PM

I'm actually working more on the contrast. I see it just fine. And it's not just noise. Yes, I know there is plenty in this photo, but that's not what I'm seeing here. I can't wait until I have the original photo. It will be much easier to work with, but what I see IS there. I just have to find a way to make it more visible apparently. I thought it was pretty easy to see...

#16 MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:57 PM

It's kinda like playing "where's waldo" some us see it right off, some of us it takes awhile of looking and thinking, and others don't see anything at all and move on to crossword puzzles.
My Signature
Posted Image

#17 Michali

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:28 PM

So, yeah, I don't know how to do what I'm trying to do here; but I worked with some of the color and contrast here. There are areas that are obviously affected with the distortion, especially being a digital copy of another photo; but I think it is clear enough to see. How about now? Attached File  3rd st spirit contrast.jpg   9.42K   24 downloads

#18 Michali

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:40 PM

3rd st spirit contrast.jpg

Does it come up larger this way?

#19 lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:46 PM

You say itís a doorway, whatís beyond the door? Is it a glass door or is it into another room?

Edited by lorac61469, 29 November 2017 - 01:46 PM.

#20 Michali

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:54 PM

View Postlorac61469, on 29 November 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

You say itís a doorway, whatís beyond the door? Is it a glass door or is it into another room?

Its the front door. Yes, it did have a window.

Edited by Michali, 29 November 2017 - 02:26 PM.

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com