• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 gwizz41

gwizz41

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:14 PM

The photo was taken a couple of days ago by my daughter who was alone in the backyard of her newly acquired house - she didn't notice anything strange about the window at the time - although she said both windows were frosted up due to the cold December morning - any ideas?

I just realised something else odd about the photo and questioned her about it - her hand is showing along with 4 fingers where she's holding the phone to take the photo on the right side of the weathered wooden frame which is covered in green algae - it shouldn't be because it's not got a shiny metal, plastic or waxed wooden surface!......but it turns out she took the photo (using her Samsung Galaxy S8) from inside the house through the dining room window - which would explain the light bouncing off to cause her hand to reflect. But, that doesn't explain what appears to look like a male figure in the window of the shed, when she was alone in an empty house that she'd just moved into that very morning!

Edited by gwizz41, 14 December 2017 - 07:17 PM.

#2 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,795 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:50 PM

Very cool capture!

Unfortunately though... to me, it looks very close to what a ghost app or Photoshop creation would appear as. I'm not questioning your daughter on this, just saying, it would be a tough sale to convince others differently. That's the problem when it looks "To good to be true".  :)

But if this is for real, then you have a prized capture!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#3 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:21 PM

I ran it through a software analyzer to if the photo is original or modified, and the result was, "Pixels only match software editors". I also noted, that the image looks like it is looking out through bars.

I changed it to black & white, enlarged, and cropped it. You can see what I mean that it looks like he's looking through bars.

Posted Image

Here's my outline of the figure and bars, sorry that my outlining, isn't as good as I usually do.

Posted Image

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#4 gwizz41

gwizz41

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:21 PM

I'm a sceptic - I don't necessarily believe in the paranormal and I'm not trying to convince anyone that it's one thing or another, I just think it looks odd, strange, eerie etc and wanted some kind of clarification as to what could cause the image to appear like that so I could make sense of it in my own mind.

My own interpretation is that the photo was electronically corrupted, in the way of "ghosting" (but not in the paranormal sense) - what I mean by that is, if my daughter has an image (which she does, or had but deleted) - like a profile picture of my son, who the image kind of resembles, maybe through the power of all things electronic and 0111100110101010111 etc - could an image be merged with another due to corruption or electronic failure?

The "bars" appear to me to be a reflection of part of the fence and to the right side of the bar in the photo, the image appears to duplicate itself and stretch outwards - the highest definition part of the facial image would be in the bottom middle part of the window in between the bars. It's like the largest part of the overall facial image in the bottom window was merged with the same but smaller image in the bottom middle? - if that makes sense. And no my daughter didn't, wouldn't and couldn't edit anything, I think the most likely cause is - electronic data corruption but thought I'd ask for your ideas if different for a reasonable explanation.

#5 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:47 AM

I suck at this but I just see a dirty window and what looks like a ladder in the building  :Picture 562:
- siguie -

#6 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:01 AM

The bars being a ladder is a reasonable assumption and makes sense. But I'm not seeing it's reflection in the top window pane though.  

Gwizz41... Thanks for all the feedback and your own possible analysis of the photo. It's such a strange occurrence.

The face looks a bit large compared to the size of the window... anyone else seeing that?
Posted Image

#7 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:12 AM

Oh, and by the way... Welcome to the Forums, Gwizz41!
Posted Image

#8 gwizz41

gwizz41

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:46 AM

I finally found out what the image truly depicted.

My daughter took the photo from inside the house through a window to show the outside yard. Apparently, she uses a wallet phone case cover of the "The Joker" - which was reflected through the window and onto the shed window, her own image was then reflected on the bottom middle part of the image and on top of "The Jokers" left side!

Still a sceptic lol - https://imgur.com/a/Uahqq

And thanks for the welcome Jim@GhostStudy

Edited by gwizz41, 15 December 2017 - 04:46 AM.

#9 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:42 AM

Hello and welcome gwizz41 I am sure your daughter is happy you solved the mystery :yes:
Hope she enjoys her new home.

Here is the image to the link :D Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#10 lorac61469

lorac61469

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:44 AM

Wow! Awesome job. I knew the image looked familiar but I just couldn’t figure it out.

#11 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:16 AM

Well, it's definitely the Joker... I'm surprised nobody had figured that out by now.

So you say she apparently uses a wallet phone case of the Joker? But you're not sure?

Sorry... but to me, manipulation would make more sense than a chain of events coming together to place the Joker center stage in that window.
Posted Image

#12 gwizz41

gwizz41

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:25 AM

Jim@GhostStudy - you've underlined "apparently" lol - I was up all night trying to deduce how the image might of occurred, knowing my daughter would not of edited it in any way. After questioning her about the different possibilities, I later found out she was in fact looking through a glass window - when I had originally presumed she was outside and next to the back door.

I then started to look more closely at the overall image and noticed her fingers reflecting on the garden wooden archway (when they shouldn't of been) and suspected it must have something to do with a reflection from inside the glass window.

This morning, I got her to take a few more photos - standing in the same location and then to forward them to me. In the New images I could see wispy ghostly effects of herself being reflected and what she was wearing but not that of "The Joker" - due to her holding the phone at a slightly different angle and distance than the original (I can upload and show them if you want lol) - this led me to the conclusion that something in the background and behind the glass window or what she was wearing at the time the original photo was taken - must of been reflecting and bouncing off the 2 windows due to the early morning light.

After questioning her about what she was wearing, I then asked her about her phone case and her reply was "The Joker" which she then sent me an image of.

I presume "The Joker" is the main focal point in the shed window because it's central to the window from where it was taken! - *Bingo!* - and in case you didn't already guess, I'm a bit of a problem solver who happens to be an introvert and likes to play Chess!

#13 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:58 PM

Who does an introvert play chess with?  ^_^

Well, I'm not going to argue with all that. But I'm sure we would all appreciate seeing the additional pics. :)

Thanks for walking us through your analysis, Gwizz.   ;  )
Posted Image

#14 gwizz41

gwizz41

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:32 PM

Additional photos taken earlier today.

https://imgur.com/a/Y8CFy
https://imgur.com/a/TS5hX
https://imgur.com/a/De1SP

And, apparently there wasn't a ladder in the shed - just a pile of junk!

Edited by gwizz41, 15 December 2017 - 01:54 PM.

#15 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 06:35 AM

Thanks for the additional images and the effort your daughter went to in recreating them ;)
Posted Image

#16 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:33 PM

how cool that we were able to pinpoint what made the effect! At least it wasn't just the usual answer of 'photoshop / ghost app'
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#17 Runewolf1973

Runewolf1973

EVP

• GS Member
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Jeeps, outdoors, paranormal stuff and unsolved mysteries.

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:34 AM

I can see the face in this picture. Regardless of whether it's an actual face or just a reflection, it does have the shape of a face and even portrays a gender (male) and a neat hairstyle.

#18 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 17 December 2017 - 12:20 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 15 December 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

Well, it's definitely the Joker... I'm surprised nobody had figured that out by now.

So you say she apparently uses a wallet phone case of the Joker? But you're not sure?

Sorry... but to me, manipulation would make more sense than a chain of events coming together to place the Joker center stage in that window.

You can tell it's a reflection by the hair. The image on the case has the hair going to the Joker's left, but he image in the photo's hair goes to the right.

Posted Image

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#19 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:30 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 14 December 2017 - 09:50 PM, said:

Very cool capture!

Unfortunately though... to me, it looks very close to what a ghost app or Photoshop creation would appear as. I'm not questioning your daughter on this, just saying, it would be a tough sale to convince others differently. That's the problem when it looks "To good to be true".  :)

But if this is for real, then you have a prized capture!

Posted Image

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 15 December 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

Great call Jim

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 17 December 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

You can tell it's a reflection by the hair. The image on the case has the hair going to the Joker's left, but he image in the photo's hair goes to the right.

Posted Image

I think you are both right; it was manipulated for sure.  Whether the daughter or the father who knows; someone made it to the naughty list!
Posted Image

#20 lorac61469

lorac61469

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:40 PM

Why would you think it was manipulated?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users