15 replies to this topic

#1 Evan

Evan

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:59 PM

Good evening everyone,

Every story has a beginning.  My haunting seems to have started out of thin air.  I purchased my Victorian home in a small river city along the banks of the Ohio river.  January of last year.  I didnít move into the property until they were finished with nothing happening the entire time until recently.

I will confess that I own a Gothic Revival architectural element.  Itís always been a calm misty gray figure that would rarely make his presence known.  But this is entirely different.

I was unpacking a few boxes that I neglected to do when moving in and placed the items within my my master bedroom.  Two of these items were antique photo albums.  One has been in my family for years.  The other, was purchased from a large mansion from within the same city I bought my home.  I have owned it for three years with no incidents.

That evening that book was placed on an end table by the stairs.  I have documented the incidents that have occurred but I am confident that things happen without my awareness.

December 22nd:

12:45 am:  Footsteps are heard from what can be described as a large man coming up or down the steps.  This was heard by my dogs and boyfriend.

4:30 am:  The sounds of papers shifting and drawers opening and closing in the second bedroom that the master shares a wall.

7:15 am:  The drawers of dresser and desk were found open in the morning.

December 23rd:

10:30 pm: Footsteps are heard running up and down the steps.

December 27th:

8:45 pm:  The latch from the closet sounds like itís opened.  The door remained closed.  Light footsteps are heard walking down the steps.

December 29th:  

6:15 am:  knocking is heard on the basement door as I am cooking in the kitchen.  

January 1st:

7:24 pm:  Small dogs begin growling and barking at small closet as they move to sit on me.  This happens for three minute and they resume to napping next to me as I watch a movie.

January 2nd:

10:26 pm:  The sound of a door slamming upstairs as I remove the samples for a kitchen renovation are placed on the counter.

I am very concerned with the frequency and wonder what can be done.  I plan on starting renovations and fear this will only get worse when I begin having things remodeled.  I hope itís friendly, but have been told never to open a door that knocking occurs.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Evan

#2 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:48 PM

Hi Evan welcome. I'm not sure what you mean by a gothic revival element, is that a particular antique or something?

I would suggest that if you don't want it to stay around that you don't engage with it. It appears to be particularly active and that can either be a positive thing if you're researching, and experienced in communication, but if your end goal is to just move it on, I wouldn't recommend engaging.

Do you know much about the history of the place? Any traumatic histories? I'm getting the impression that this is on a loop, like residual energy rather than an 'intelligent' haunting.

Hope to hear back from you and some extra information about the property would be helpful!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#3 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,795 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:37 AM

What was the date you actually moved in (or about)?

It does seem that they are letting you know they too are occupants. And they apparently want you to know under no uncertain terms that they live there too. If that's the case, things could get interesting as time goes on. I guess the greatest advice I could give to you at this point is, don't give in to them and do not give them permission to stay. And probably best to not confront them or even talk about them in the home for now.

And as for the remodel... they won't like it. And activity will most likely pick up when that happens. So a plan should be in place for dealing with them when construction begins.

Just remember... it's your home and not there's. And at some point, they will need to hear that from you. Never give in to sharing your home with them.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#4 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:55 AM

As I'm understanding it, you bought an old Victorian, then renovated and own at least one old antique. It's possible the renovations woke something up, or you brought something with you. I suggest removing any antiques from the house one by one over time in to a storage unit away from your home. Give it at least a month before you do the next item. When all such items have been removed from your home, you eliminate those as being a possible source. It's just a thought.

#5 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:21 PM

Hi Evan, any updates on your experience?

#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:31 AM

Hello and welcome to the boards :)

I am a little confused are the renovations completed or are you beginning the process.  I see you wrote you didn't move"... in until they were finished...".

Just wondering what they were finishing?

I have heard it can be just as unsettling for spirits when renovating a place and a haunting usually stops as quickly as it starts once the renovations are completed.

I feel it is more to do with the non-family photo album and the new house. Do you know if the family from the album and the house are connected in any way? It is just a feeling I am having and nothing concrete.

I think the advice everyone has offered is sound and worth trying especially removing items ( I would start with the album) to see if it makes any difference.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#7 Evan

Evan

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:54 AM

Good Morning everyone,

I have still been documenting and what I had thought was sowing down has intensified.  A calm before the storm.  The latches on the doors have turned and can hear them unlatch multiple times throughout the night.

My dogs have growled at the small closet and watch it constantly as if they know something is there.

The closet in the dining room has opened almost every evening.  I am often walking past the closet into the living room when I hear it open.  I can chalk this up to my movements but with everything else occurring I am skeptical.

The photo album has resulted to very little information.  It seems to be of the Parsons family and some of the photos say Covington, Kentucky on the back and many more say Henderson, Kentucky.

I am actively asking for more information on the family.

The renovations have been minimal at best.  With just drywalling the laundry room and bringing it up to code.

I purchased the house in January and officially moved in April 15th.  Everything was calm before late November.  I am still puzzled about what is causing this activity.

I have also contacted a paranormal group and have received a call but have been playing phone tag.  I hope to speak to them soon.

I would still look for what to do and how to calm it down.  If they are part of the home, that is okay.  But we need to learn to coexist.

#8 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:12 PM

It seems to me everything kicked up when you brought the non-family album out. Have you tried removing the photo album? Remove it from the premises by having a friend hold on to it or put it in storage. Do that for a week or two and see if everything calms down.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#9 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:25 PM

When did you have the work done on the Laundry room... October or November perhaps?

It's never a good idea to coexist with supernatural ghosts or entities. It's like inviting a bum (or way worse) to come live with you. So please don't invite it/them to stay.

Try putting a night light or lamp with low wattage in the dinning room closet and also the other small closet you mentioned. And then see what happens.

I think they know the renovations are coming and they are protesting.

And as MacC suggested... get that photo album out of the house for a few weeks and see if activity changes somehow or even calms down.
Posted Image

#10 lorac61469

lorac61469

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:04 PM

Have you checked for any signs of critters in the closet that the dogs bark at? They might be hearing/smelling something like a mouse.

You moved in in late November, it must have been cold. What type of heat do you have? Do you have a carbon monoxide detector? There are stories of people who thought their home was haunted (hearing and seeing things) but it was actually due to carbon monoxide.

http://theweek.com/a...anations-ghosts

http://hollowhill.co...arbon-monoxide/

#11 jwc

jwc

Orb

• GS Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:49 PM

Have you tried video taping the active areas?

#12 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:59 PM

Well worth looking into, Lorac.  :good:

Jwc... good suggestion!  B)
Posted Image

#13 Evan

Evan

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:47 PM

Evening everyone,

Lorac I would be concerned with the carbon monoxide but I have new detectors that were installed in April.  The batteries are replaced every six months.

I have mouse traps all over the house and have captured the small beast about a week ago.

I will be removing the photo album and bringing it to work.  So maybe this will calm everything down.  But at least is a step to maybe calming whatever is happening.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

#14 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:58 PM

thanks for the updates I hope you're able to get hold of the paranormal group for some assistance!

#15 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:32 AM

When was the work done in the laundry room?
Posted Image

#16 WhispersInTheAttic

WhispersInTheAttic

Apport

• GS Member
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:anime. films. horror movies. music. playing guitar. video games. books and comics. writing. poetry. art. beaches. nature. photography. swimming. stargazing. the paranormal. graveyards. meditation. crystals, rocks and gemstones.

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:03 PM

Keep us posted if anything else happens inside your house.

Thanks for all the information. :)

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Footsteps, Renovation, Ghost, Knocking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users