A Being Is Following My Friend

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CensoredForSafety

CensoredForSafety

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Drawing,music,writing and anything creative.Psychology and quantum physics are cool too.

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:27 PM

Recently, I got to hang out with a friend who I don’t be around often. Our topic of conversation shifted to anything existential, and he told me that he is being followed by a strange being.

It started when he was 5 years old. He would often wake up in the night, turn on the light and see a creature standing in the corner of the room. The best way I can describe the creature is some kind of mix between a shadow person, a demon and a wendigo. It would often show up in his dreams and talk to him. The creature would often ask him if he wants to “be friends”. If my friends would say yes, the creature would invite him to it’s world. If not, the creature would start screaming, crying or laughing, or a mix between them. If my friend would tell anyone about them, the creature would say to him “I thought that we were friends”. When my friend tried to get rid of the entity, it simply told him “I am a part of you, you can’t say goodbye to me this easily”. I personally think that the thing was lying, but I may be wrong. The creature shows up almost every 2nd day, and it has been going on non-stop since the first day it happened.

Fast forward to yesterday, when I was with my friend, we were playing card games and we were both in a good mood. We started talking about the creature again. In the aura of cockiness I built up by winning a few games in a row, I started calling the creature (which I think wasn’t there) all kinds of names. Me and my friend proceeded to both start calling the creature names, threatening it and generally being (for lack of a better word) a-holes to the being. We heard a kind of hissing outside, but credited it to the wind, but still told the creature to “f**k off” for good measure.

Nothing happened last night, but now that the night has come and I have to sleep alone, I feel a strange dread and paranoia around me. I know that nothing will probably happen, but I feel that I somehow reckoned with something better to be left alone. I’m only slightly scared of it though, as the idea that it may leave my friend alone and come for me instead gives me peace. I feel happy knowing that my friend can sleep in peace, at least for a little while.

Does anyone know what that’s thing is and how to get rid of it for good? Any input is highly appreciated.

#2 lorac61469

lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 03:54 PM

Chances are your friend is having hypnopompic hallucinations since he’s seeing things upon waking.

Edited by lorac61469, 25 November 2018 - 03:54 PM.

#3 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 09:29 PM

I think you're creeping yourself out. If it exists, it's attached to him per the thing which means it's unlikely to be in your house.

#4 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:28 PM

good points both, maybe try some meditation before you go to bed so you're feeling relaxed.
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#5 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,470 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:20 PM

Yes, all the advice is worth considering.

I think too you have worked yourself up and hope you got a good night sleep. I think you have every right to tell it to take a hike (in your own words). Sometimes you need to take a firm hand and I am sure your friend had the best sleep and hope he continues too :yes: If not get back into telling it to leave and stay strong.

Let us know how things go!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#6 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 26 November 2018 - 02:42 AM

View Postlorac61469, on 25 November 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

Chances are your friend is having hypnopompic hallucinations since he's seeing things upon waking.

Absolutely, in a generalization, the event described sounds like a classic sleep related experience. Frequently, experiences as such offer a validation of belief systems "apophenia" without further exploring mundane causes.
Posted Image

#7 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 26 November 2018 - 04:22 AM

The mind is a powerful and amazing piece to all of us.  I cant say that this did not happen to your friend...nor can I sat it did.  But, the others here have pointed out a likely explanation based on their own experience and research.

The dread and paranoia would be expected too.  Our mind has the ability to create such feelings with the mere whisper of a topic.  Tie that together with darkness, late at night or being alone can exacerbate those feelings.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#8 CensoredForSafety

CensoredForSafety

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Drawing,music,writing and anything creative.Psychology and quantum physics are cool too.

Posted 26 November 2018 - 08:59 AM

Thank you so much for replying! Your advice has been really helpful.