Free Skins
© Fisana

Clip From Upcoming Paranormal Lockdown. Explainable?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,187 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 10 December 2018 - 08:40 AM

Saw this on Twitter promoting the upcoming episode. Nick/Katrina investigated Bobby Mackey's Music World (how many times has this place been investigated anyway?)

This clip claims to show a spirit orb moving about while Nick is sleeping. It almost looks like distortion around it like electricity. But after watching a while, it looks like it may actually be an insect walking around on the lens. One thing is odd though, as it moves from the left side to the right side of the frame, it does appear to get bigger. For those who are well-versed in photography, would there be a lens curve or anything else that could cause an object on the lens to appear to be getting bigger?

Edited by Vlawde, 10 December 2018 - 08:41 AM.

Posted Image

#2 kevinscan

kevinscan

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    Friends
    Horror & Sci-fi
    A good mystery
    Star Wars
    Hiking

Posted 10 December 2018 - 02:22 PM

I had to change theme back to normal as it was snowing in the video with the Christmas theme  on.

I think it's a small bug flying towards the camera,, bugs are attracted to the IR light.
Posted Image

"Ghosts are not conscious entities, but emotional energy recorded in matter"

Sir Oliver Lodge

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:20 PM

View Postkevinscan, on 10 December 2018 - 02:22 PM, said:

I had to change theme back to normal as it was snowing in the video with the Christmas theme  on.

I think it's a small bug flying towards the camera,, bugs are attracted to the IR light.

LOL sorry about that :ashamed:  I am looking at finding a way to stop the snow on the in the post area. So far no luck :read: I just watch it from the "YouTube" link once the video started to play; if that helps anyone else :oz:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:26 PM

I watched it on youtube and put it into a slower speed I don't think it was a bug the action is like a swirl :fright:  Every interesting  Vlawde
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 11 December 2018 - 07:49 AM

View PostVlawde, on 10 December 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

Saw this on Twitter promoting the upcoming episode. Nick/Katrina investigated Bobby Mackey's Music World (how many times has this place been investigated anyway?)

This clip claims to show a spirit orb moving about while Nick is sleeping. It almost looks like distortion around it like electricity. But after watching a while, it looks like it may actually be an insect walking around on the lens. One thing is odd though, as it moves from the left side to the right side of the frame, it does appear to get bigger. For those who are well-versed in photography, would there be a lens curve or anything else that could cause an object on the lens to appear to be getting bigger?

For those who are well-versed in photography, would there be a lens curve or anything else that could cause an object on the lens to appear to be getting bigger?

Yes they do Vlawde. As lenses decrease in focal length to accommodate for ultra-wide angle views typically found in surveillance camera, barrel distortion and pincushioning take place. Lower end optics are common in surveillance systems simply because the optics become extremely uneconomical in multi-camera systems. A good example of expensive wide angle lenses can be found in Canon’s relatively new 11-24 mm EF mount. That lens alone runs over 2,000.  Rectilinear lenses tend to minimize distortion using a front element that is flat but you will commonly find glass with a curved front element below 16 mm.

Ultra wide angle also pulls subject matter in close to the lens and exaggerates distances further back in the frame. A common use of small sensor wide angles are desired to be shot in selfies. Shot from above UW lenses exaggerate a woman’s eye creating a beautifying effect because they appear larger.

#6 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:39 AM

Thanks for the input! I'll say insect is likely here. Although it does seem to have an electrical discharge at first, as it moves to the right, the distortion around it looks more and more like legs, blurred by proximity to the lens.
Posted Image

#7 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 08:34 AM

This episode aired the other night. Now that I've seen this on a big screen TV, it's pretty obvious it's a bug. There's no depth to it, it's easy to tell it it's not out in front of the camera but on the lens, and the way it moves, and typical blobby appearance that bugs on lens have, and the leg movement...yeah.

All they said is it couldn't be dust, they never mentioned any other possibilities and were too eager to just say it's a spirit.

Well, on the brighter side, Kindred Spirits is coming back for another season early next year
Posted Image

#8 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 16 December 2018 - 09:33 AM

View PostVlawde, on 15 December 2018 - 08:34 AM, said:

This episode aired the other night. Now that I've seen this on a big screen TV, it's pretty obvious it's a bug. There's no depth to it, it's easy to tell it it's not out in front of the camera but on the lens, and the way it moves, and typical blobby appearance that bugs on lens have, and the leg movement...yeah.

All they said is it couldn't be dust, they never mentioned any other possibilities and were too eager to just say it's a spirit.

Well, on the brighter side, Kindred Spirits is coming back for another season early next year

I like Lockdown, but  :heart:  Kindred Spirits I can hardly wait til it comes back on. :dance:

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 16 December 2018 - 09:34 AM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#9 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:56 AM

ANyone know what happened with Paranormal Lockdown? Nick Groff made a cryptic tweet/video, implying he has been "fired" or that Lockdown is being recast or cancelled

https://twitter.com/...690150775046145
Posted Image

#10 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:20 PM

I think he deleted it. When I followed your link, I got:

Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!

Also, I can't find any info on Google about it.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 13 February 2019 - 10:20 PM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#11 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:33 PM

Me neither, It was a video where he was cryptic, implied Paranormal Lockdown was cancelled and that Ghosts of Shepherdstown was going to be recast. Also insinuated it was the same kind of thing that happened with Ghost Adventures and he wanted to speak up this time
Posted Image

#12 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 08:06 AM

He was told he had to remove the logos for Ghost Adventures and Paranormal Lockdown, I assume by legal folks/advisors. He put the video/tweet back up this morning with those removed:

https://twitter.com/...015935654297601
Posted Image