11 replies to this topic

#1 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 03:20 AM

This brings back some many lovely memories for me :heart: :xmas4:   I used to have it playing when I drove 'home" to be with my parents at Christmas.  :hug:

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#2 lorac61469

lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 06:14 AM

I tend to be 登ld school when it comes to my Christmas music.
Nat King Cole
Perry Como
Andy Williams

But this is one of my favorites...

#3 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 14 December 2018 - 06:31 AM

I like just about all of them that are from my childhood.  I am 50 years old.  That does include baby it's cold outside.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#4 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,152 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 14 December 2018 - 07:48 AM

Honestly, I'm pretty burned out on Christmas music after hearing the same old songs year after year. This is in large part to hearing Xmas music playing before even Thanksgiving. Used to be you'd hear them in the 3 or so weeks before the holiday, but now the extended period of wall to wall music makes the songs not as special to me.

Having said that, there are some I enjoy, like Run Run Rudolph by Chuck Berry, Keith Richard's version is good too
Posted Image

#5 PIT leader

PIT leader

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal and house music,horror films,comics

Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:15 AM

The Darkness - Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End)  and   Corey Taylor - Xm@$  are favourites of mine.
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:15 AM

LOL I am glad I only started 10 days out ;)

Posted Image

#7 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:48 PM

Jethro Tull: Solstice Bells...

#8 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,802 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 16 December 2018 - 01:29 PM

1. Michael Ball & Claire Moore: A Child Is Born.

2. Michael Crawford - O HOLY NIGHT

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 16 December 2018 - 01:32 PM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#9 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 01:48 PM

I have always loved Christmas, my favorite time of year. It's hard for me to choose just one. Or even several.

Growing up Christmas was wonderful for my family. My mum had 4 brothers and sisters and they all had multiple children so on Christmas Eve no matter where we were in the world we'd come home for Christmas. Gramma's whole house decorated. All the girls playing dolls with each other in the basement, and the boys playing street hockey. My uncle laughing crazily as he chased us girls around the house while we giggled our heads off making kissy noises. Playing hide and seek with my cousins. and the dinner was huge, gramma and the other ladies always made so much food it covered all of the dining room table and the kitchen counters. After dinner would come opening presents. It was always around midnight when we got home if we made it home that night at all and didn't crash at grammas.

Christmas day we'd go to grandma's house. My dad had 6 brothers and sisters and they all had multiple kids. I don't remember those Christmases as well because I was closer to my mum's side. My mum's side was always loud and boisterous, whereas my dad's just wasn't. But good food and family there too.

And at my house, we'd start to decorate at least a month before. My mum was a stay at home mum so we'd make baked goods that covered the kitchen table so we could eat on it for the weeks until after Christmas. And we'd make craft goods like decorations for the tree, and I don't mean paper wreaths. We made things like porcelain figurines, and bears made out of cooked dough. The whole house was decorated, everything from the lights on the house, to the tree in the living room, a whole tiny city on the coffee table that lit up, and even the banisters on the stairs decorated. We even made fake snow decorations on the windows. Mum made Christmas a big production for us. One year, dad had me convinced I could hear the sounds of sleigh bells because Santa was coming and I needed to go to bed. We'd wake up at 4 am to find the living room covered in toys because mum always started buying immediately after the Christmas from the year before.

Oh I love Christmas. Of course, it's not the same now that I'm older and most of us have gone our own way but even my cousin was saying that she wishes her kids had the same wonderful experience that we all did growing up. My memories of Christmas mean so much.

To me, it's never been about religion. To me, it's about family. The Christmas music only takes me back to my childhood singing Christmas carols as we put up the tree.

#10 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,053 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 11:42 PM

I love Bette Midler's version of Mele Kalikimaka
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#11 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 12:59 AM

My granddaughter's favourite
Posted Image

#12 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,802 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 29 December 2018 - 03:04 AM

That video reminds me of the one I posted in another thread.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop