Jump to content



Nye Theme


  • You cannot reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic

#1 KlaineyGStudy

 

    Forum Manager

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
 

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:50 AM

I am trying a new theme I won't know till the new year if the firework gif works out. so if it doesn't...SORRY :headlbash:
My Signature
Posted Image


Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

 

    The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Underworld
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.
 

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:59 AM

Thank you and it isn't a problem if it doesm't work.
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny


Posted Image


My Shop


#3 KlaineyGStudy

 

    Forum Manager

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
 

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:14 AM

Thank you MacC off to bed now for me
My Signature
Posted Image


Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

 

    The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Underworld
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.
 

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:37 AM

Goodnight!
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny


Posted Image


My Shop


#5 siguie

 

    Earthbound Spirit

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • Gender:Male
 

Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:36 PM

Posted Image  just change the countdown time to a few seconds from when you are working on it and see what happens.


I just took a quick look and it's prolly fine :yes: The theme uses a more or less "liquid" format and the element you have the code in should expand without issue, though you could easily just copy the html code into the wrapper are and see what happens.

The only thang that might cause some people issues is your image request. It comes from weebly {which you better no be paying for Posted Image } and it uses httpS which is lovely 'n all BUT this place runs in http {which is why browsers say Not Secure} so you are doing something referred to as  "Mixed Content". So depending on your browser/OS/security carp you "may" git a popup asking if you are sure you want to allow this before seeing your image.

Now technically it's a less secure webpage calling content from a more secure server so you'd think this wouldn't be an issue but it happens ... that's right I'm looking at you Micro$oft Posted Image
My Signature
- siguie -

#6 KlaineyGStudy

 

    Forum Manager

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
 

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:37 PM

View Postsiguie, on 26 December 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

Posted Image  just change the countdown time to a few seconds from when you are working on it and see what happens.


I just took a quick look and it's prolly fine :yes: The theme uses a more or less "liquid" format and the element you have the code in should expand without issue, though you could easily just copy the html code into the wrapper are and see what happens.

The only thang that might cause some people issues is your image request. It comes from weebly {which you better no be paying for Posted Image } and it uses httpS which is lovely 'n all BUT this place runs in http {which is why browsers say Not Secure} so you are doing something referred to as  "Mixed Content". So depending on your browser/OS/security carp you "may" git a popup asking if you are sure you want to allow this before seeing your image.

Now technically it's a less secure webpage calling content from a more secure server so you'd think this wouldn't be an issue but it happens ... that's right I'm looking at you Micro$oft Posted Image

:rofl: I feel like a drunk! Can understand bits of what you are saying :yes: but not all :no: No, I am not paying for Weebly but can move the gif to paranormal if that might help? I was thinking to change the time and date on my computer if that would make it fire but will look at your suggestion now :good:
My Signature
Posted Image


Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#7 siguie

 

    Earthbound Spirit

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • Gender:Male
 

Posted 27 December 2018 - 12:06 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 26 December 2018 - 07:37 PM, said:

:rofl: I feel like a drunk! Can understand bits of what you are saying :yes: but not all :no: No, I am not paying for Weebly but can move the gif to paranormal if that might help? I was thinking to change the time and date on my computer if that would make it fire but will look at your suggestion now :good:


Posted Image

It's just Javascript and the alarm time is the very first variable!  :headlbash:

var newyr=new Date("January 1, 2019 00:00:00");

I don't code in javascript unless I have to BUT I highly doubt changing your computer time will have any effect :no: This is code obtained by querying the server so prolly the new Date(); object returns the server time +/- yer browsers timezone offset vs the client side which would mean a computer system call on your end.

Anywho this is just Javascript you did that whole fiasco thing in stoopy VisualBasic :bad:  this is way WAY easier :yes:

Yes moove yer gif over to the same server :yes: You can also just remove the S from httpS but having everythang on the same server is a better practice.

Oh and one last thang Do NOT cut 'n paste code you don't unerstanz into anything on a publicly accessible server Posted Image this place has enough security holes :bunny:
My Signature
- siguie -

#8 KlaineyGStudy

 

    Forum Manager

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
 

Posted 27 December 2018 - 06:29 PM

I changed the time on my computer and you are correct that doesn't work. Then I was able to find the date and change it . It looks like it will work now

I use note pad now and work in html and css. Once it seems to look OK on it I move the code over to a theme on the board that is not used to see how it looks, if it is ok l place the code into the right theme
My Signature
Posted Image


Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#9 siguie

 

    Earthbound Spirit

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • Gender:Male
 

Posted 27 December 2018 - 11:55 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 27 December 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

I changed the time on my computer and you are correct that doesn't work. Then I was able to find the date and change it . It looks like it will work now

I use note pad now and work in html and css. Once it seems to look OK on it I move the code over to a theme on the board that is not used to see how it looks, if it is ok l place the code into the right theme

Yeah sounds lovely :yes: just remember Do NOT cut 'n paste code you don't unerstanz into anything on a publicly accessible server Posted Image  ... srsly that's just asking for a server side Posted Image


Oh and try using notepad++ {it's free} ... ya see there's a special problem that will occasionally rear it's ugly micro$oft created head :mask: It's an End Of Line {EOL} issue  it has to do with the type of formatting. Ya see most people think a line just ends but that's not true there are invisible characters there and some thangs read it and if it's wrong BAD thangs happen :devil: for what yer doing it's mostly just a lot of :headlbash: and a lot of wondering why something so simple isn't working ... and as usual it's because Micro$oft is EBIL.

Now if you were using a Linux computer there of course would be no evil BUT since you insist on using a winduhz machine to edit code for a Linux based server eXpect to see some :furby: Thing is you may already have and just not realize the problem got fixed randomly.

Anywho when you think something is screwed up and you somehow manage to rule yerself out ... Notepad++ and set the file End of Line conversion to Linux format :bunny:


Oh and as far as this topic is concerned doog boj Posted Image
My Signature
- siguie -

#10 KlaineyGStudy

 

    Forum Manager

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
 

Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:15 AM

Lol I am using sublime text but couldn't remember its name while I was on my phone; so just put notepad

:furby: gremlins :fright:
My Signature
Posted Image


Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#11 siguie

 

    Earthbound Spirit

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • Gender:Male
 

Posted 28 December 2018 - 04:23 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 28 December 2018 - 03:15 AM, said:

Lol I am using sublime text but couldn't remember its name while I was on my phone; so just put notepad

:furby: gremlins :fright:

Sublime text looks a tad complicated  :o BUT if it EOL formats correctly great :good: otherwise Notepad++ or Notepadqq for Linux users :yes:
My Signature
- siguie -

#12 earthlydelitesGStudy

 

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Sydney
 

Posted 28 December 2018 - 11:19 PM

its working for me, I love it!
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!





Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com