• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 GhostlyZen

GhostlyZen

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:46 AM

We’ve had something in our house since we’ve moved in. Lots of negative energy.

It started out innocent enough...radios turning on and off, lights and such. Then it moved to throwing objects...wine glass one night...shampoo bottles in the shower just this AM. Opening doors that were closed. 99% of the time it only happens when energies are high. For example, kids getting in trouble or wife and I getting heated sometimes. Any time the energy is up but up in a negative way. Thats when a door down stairs will slam or alarm clock in the other room will go off, etc.

I’ve caught several beings on the sls but never classified that as definitive. I bought an Olympus 7200 voice recorder and after an episode of Ghost Adventures with my wife we decided to do a spirit box session recording it with the voice recorder.

I literally had just turned on the spirit box, turned on the recorder and set it down next to us when we recorded a clear as day “I hate you.” I also had my spirit box and camera with brand new batteries just die and I had to replace batteries. Never had that one happen before. Also for what it’s worth I use reverse on the spirit box to eliminate the possibilities of words coming in from radio stations. I want to make sure the words are authentic.

Nothing else during the session. Thoughts?

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:21 PM

Hello and welcome to the boards

I think you need to keep the energy in the house positive and recognise and counteract any negative energy like the fighting etc as it happens.

I have heard it is unwise to do such sessions like EVPs in your own home and in your case I THINK THAT IS A GIVEN with what you have experienced thus far!

Although I know some members here have done sessions in their own home without any issues.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:22 AM

Hello and welcome! I agree with Klainey that you should reconsider EVP's and things in the home you live in, and also think about a house cleansing to get you started with some positive changes
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#4 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:49 PM

Welcome. Try playing relaxing music in all rooms of your home, especially the attic, basement and places you are not currently occupying (spare rooms). And Symphonium Music Box CDs are fantastic, and as long as you do not have little children and pets, candle-operated Yule/Carousel Chimes are great for this, as well.

Symphonium Music Box Compact Discs:
Porter Music box Company, Inc. (music box manufacturer)
Amazon
Ebay

Yule/Carousel Chimes:
Ingebretsen's Nordic Marketplace
Amazon
Ebay

Try placing gemstone crystals around your home. You can try Citrine, Chrysocolla, Generator (Merlin) Crystals, Lodestone (Magnetite), Nuummite, Obsidian, raw Schorl (Black Tourmaline), Spodumene, Turquoise, and Zeolites in rooms to remove negative energy and up the positive energy of the places.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#5 daphnerose

daphnerose

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:42 PM

Cleanse that house!  Whatever method you choose. Get that negative energy out and fill it with white positive light.

#6 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:10 AM

I’ll only comment in areas of experience rather than mere speculations. In my research, many events can be explained with natural causes. I urge those having difficulty understanding activities to use the process of elimination first before pointing to paranormal conclusions.

If you’re serious in developing a relationship of activities that might point to paranormal origins, I would suggest you begin by keeping a log that is detailed orientated. To suggest that activity occurs 99% when energies are high would require 100 events to occur at a bare minimum.

Unfortunately drafts within a household remain invisible to the eye and changes in air pressures can’t always be felt with our human sensory. Anemometers come at a dear price and most paranormal teams shy from them simply because of the expense. During the winter, drafts are more prevalent due to warm and cold air flows throughout a room(s).

If you have electronic devices that seemingly activate on their own, have you been able to fully rule out faulty electronics. I’d suggest you unplug those devices and see what happens.

I wouldn’t use Ghost Adventurers as a baseline to paranormal practices. Television shows are not paranormal investigation; they are paranormal entertainment. They do not employ critical thinking or use a process to eliminate mundane events. Briefly, if these shows presented no evidence in their time slot, they wouldn’t last a full season before being pulled from the network.

More than once I’ve seen many shows use equipment without any regard for procedure or critical thought. In example, I’ve seen EMF meters used while moving when they only produce accuracy when completely stationary and allowed to zero out first.

As to spirit boxes, the community is split on their usefulness. With the abundance of radio waves, UHF/VHF, cell transmissions, short wave, AM/FM, television transmissions etc., it’s easy to understand that scanning devices will pick up some interesting things but they can easily be pointed with natural explanations. If you want to impress me with a spirit box, isolate it in a faraday cage and let me know if you capture anything interesting.

Establishing protocols and controls for auditory monitoring is crucial. Sensitive audio equipment can record snippets far past the human ear capability.

By now, I’m sure you see my dissertation from a hardcore skeptic’s viewpoint. This is not accurate whatsoever. I’ve investigated over a decade diligently and made strides to improve my methodology. My intent is NOT to encourage confirmation bias. I’m only interested in evidential discovery and observations. I’ve had my fair share of enigmas and more than once have concluded there are many things we do not understand or can easily be explained with mundane causes.  

One warning; continuing to record in your house can activate activity if it does exist. Your house needs to be place of peace and an escalated haunting will affect your life in a negative way.

I’d also make attempts to monitor EMF fields, Radon, carbon monoxide poisioning within your household.

It’s all well and fine to believe there may be paranormal origins but without any documenting, recording & investigation ruling out natural causes first, matters can become dangerous especially if your health is being effected in an adverse way.

If all your attempts to rule out natural causes have been exhausted, as others have suggested, a cleansing of sort can be beneficial. I would discourage communication if you feel your personal life will be affected exponentially. Only you can decide how sensitive your persona is.

Edited by EVP, 04 January 2019 - 05:15 AM.

#7 daphnerose

daphnerose

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 08:23 PM

Crucial logical advice evp.  Spot on!

#8 GhostlyZen

GhostlyZen

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:00 PM

While I can see where you are coming from, unfortunately this hasn’t been my first rodeo as it may appear. I’ve been dealing with supernatural experiences since I was very young. Some things can be explained, some can not.

The reference to Ghost Adventures is not from a rookie wanting to have some fun. It comes from life long experiences and watching a show that depicts some of the crazy things I have seen, heard or otherwise.

I picked up a couple items for research to try and take a look into what has been going on all these years.

This was the first session recorded with my voice recorder.

The list is too long to name some of the almost horrifying things my wife and myself have been through. I’ve had several attempts at killing me years ago,  but that’s a whole nother story.

#9 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 08:40 PM

View PostGhostlyZen, on 05 January 2019 - 06:00 PM, said:

While I can see where you are coming from, unfortunately this hasn't been my first rodeo as it may appear. I've been dealing with supernatural experiences since I was very young. Some things can be explained, some can not.

The reference to Ghost Adventures is not from a rookie wanting to have some fun. It comes from life long experiences and watching a show that depicts some of the crazy things I have seen, heard or otherwise.

I picked up a couple items for research to try and take a look into what has been going on all these years.

This was the first session recorded with my voice recorder.

The list is too long to name some of the almost horrifying things my wife and myself have been through. I've had several attempts at killing me years ago,  but that's a whole nother story.

My intention wasn't meant to sound diminishing to your experiences.

I won't turn this into disrespect to any of the television shows as I'm sure some of the encounters are legitimate. Part of the road in becoming a consummate investigator is knowing the limitations of your equipment and serving controls to best observe conditions that may take place.

The referencel I made to GA pertained to Zac holding a Tri-Field Natural, spinning around on top of an old bed-spring in a prison claiming, "I've got a ghost, I've got a GHOST." A Tri-Field meter requires the meter to remain stationary to allow it to zero out. It's at that point it can detect the subtleties. A Tri-Field is capable of detecting energies in DC/Magnetic unlike traditional AC meters. In fact, it can detect a human moving on the other side of the wall. If one is spinning around and around the meter will never stabilize and will provide constant needle jumping. They are an expensive precision instrument and without administering these precautions they give false readings. I can speak from experience as I paid $250.00 many years ago to have a custom built meter made by that company.

Again, it’s not devices used in these shows that I object strongly to. It’s the careless use. Far too many investigators imitate and emulate these shows as an example of proper paranormal exploration. A great analogy of this practice would be claiming you're a surgeon by watching an operation on television. These shows do not follow any protocols or methods of control. Admittedly, we can never claim our methods to be scientific, but closing your eyes while driving a car won't get you through LA traffic.

I’ve watched a major network film a prominent “ghost show” for three days. This show came to one of our major haunts to film and condensed 45 hours into a 21-minute segment.

Prior to the first season of GA, a team that I was part of, interviewed them on a live radio program. In case you didn’t know, the three of them were out of work actors. From an economic standpoint, I applaud their success. Word is, Zac is a millionaire. GA's show renewal year after year deserves recognition but only for entertainment purposes and not for consummate paranormal research and investigation.

My specialty is audio anomalies. I was the head instructor at the second largest EVP website a little over 10 years ago. During my tenure, I was also a beta tester for Adobe Audition. I don’t proclaim to be an audio engineer with a degree but I have many hours of experience identifying, refining, classifying, and analyzing. I was taught indirectly by the late great Sarah Estep, the last EVP pioneer who founded the AAEVP that brought EVP research to North America.

You are welcome to draw your own conclusions but if you are willing to submit a sample, I’d be happy to analyze to the best of my abilities. If the capture is strong enough, there are identifying characteristic that could point to a paranormal explanation. Just be aware, my analysis may contradict your determinations.

Researchers that I do admire in the field are Dr. Barry Taff and Loyd Auerbach. They are not ghost hunters but parapsychologists. There are significant differences between a ghost hunter and a parapsychologist. Taff has investigated over 4000 cases in the last 40 years and only yielded 4 legitimate cases. Parapsychologists, study the mechanics of hauntings and have a level of education exceeding most in the field. Taff has an intern degree in parapsychology at UCLA. He also holds 3 medical patents. He's the last accredited parapsychologist in the field. There are no qualified legitimate institutions recognized anymore who offers this mentorship.

Finally, I'd recommend you contact Dr. Taff if you have life threatening paranormal experiences. To date, there are only a handful of cases documented in history where a life has been threatened/taken because of alleged paranormal forces at work. One that comes to mind immediately was the Bell Witch case in the 1860's. That's a fascinating case. In fact I performed a paranormal presentation in November to a spiritual group on that topic. Much of the material I used came from Pat Fitzhugh, a historian who researched that case for over 25 years through town/church records, land deeds etc. I was grateful he provided permission to use his findings. I'd highly recommend his book "The Bell Witch: The Full Account".

Feel free to contact me if need be and again, my comments were not to disrespect your experiences. At the same time I’m confident, in my abilities and commitment to the field. I employ critical thought, draw minimal speculations and treat the paranormal with the respect it deserves. It’s very much like fishing in an ocean with just one fish using the wrong bait.

Edited by EVP, 06 January 2019 - 12:25 AM.

#10 GhostlyZen

GhostlyZen

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:43 PM

View PostEVP, on 05 January 2019 - 08:40 PM, said:

My intention wasn't meant to sound diminishing to your experiences.

I won't turn this into disrespect to any of the television shows as I'm sure some of the encounters are legitimate. Part of the road in becoming a consummate investigator is knowing the limitations of your equipment and serving controls to best observe conditions that may take place.

The referencel I made to GA pertained to Zac holding a Tri-Field Natural, spinning around on top of an old bed-spring in a prison claiming, "I've got a ghost, I've got a GHOST." A Tri-Field meter requires the meter to remain stationary to allow it to zero out. It's at that point it can detect the subtleties. A Tri-Field is capable of detecting energies in DC/Magnetic unlike traditional AC meters. In fact, it can detect a human moving on the other side of the wall. If one is spinning around and around the meter will never stabilize and will provide constant needle jumping. They are an expensive precision instrument and without administering these precautions they give false readings. I can speak from experience as I paid $250.00 many years ago to have a custom built meter made by that company.

Again, it’s not devices used in these shows that I object strongly to. It’s the careless use. Far too many investigators imitate and emulate these shows as an example of proper paranormal exploration. A great analogy of this practice would be claiming you're a surgeon by watching an operation on television. These shows do not follow any protocols or methods of control. Admittedly, we can never claim our methods to be scientific, but closing your eyes while driving a car won't get you through LA traffic.

I’ve watched a major network film a prominent “ghost show” for three days. This show came to one of our major haunts to film and condensed 45 hours into a 21-minute segment.

Prior to the first season of GA, a team that I was part of, interviewed them on a live radio program. In case you didn’t know, the three of them were out of work actors. From an economic standpoint, I applaud their success. Word is, Zac is a millionaire. GA's show renewal year after year deserves recognition but only for entertainment purposes and not for consummate paranormal research and investigation.

My specialty is audio anomalies. I was the head instructor at the second largest EVP website a little over 10 years ago. During my tenure, I was also a beta tester for Adobe Audition. I don’t proclaim to be an audio engineer with a degree but I have many hours of experience identifying, refining, classifying, and analyzing. I was taught indirectly by the late great Sarah Estep, the last EVP pioneer who founded the AAEVP that brought EVP research to North America.

You are welcome to draw your own conclusions but if you are willing to submit a sample, I’d be happy to analyze to the best of my abilities. If the capture is strong enough, there are identifying characteristic that could point to a paranormal explanation. Just be aware, my analysis may contradict your determinations.

Researchers that I do admire in the field are Dr. Barry Taff and Loyd Auerbach. They are not ghost hunters but parapsychologists. There are significant differences between a ghost hunter and a parapsychologist. Taff has investigated over 4000 cases in the last 40 years and only yielded 4 legitimate cases. Parapsychologists, study the mechanics of hauntings and have a level of education exceeding most in the field. Taff has an intern degree in parapsychology at UCLA. He also holds 3 medical patents. He's the last accredited parapsychologist in the field. There are no qualified legitimate institutions recognized anymore who offers this mentorship.

Finally, I'd recommend you contact Dr. Taff if you have life threatening paranormal experiences. To date, there are only a handful of cases documented in history where a life has been threatened/taken because of alleged paranormal forces at work. One that comes to mind immediately was the Bell Witch case in the 1860's. That's a fascinating case. In fact I performed a paranormal presentation in November to a spiritual group on that topic. Much of the material I used came from Pat Fitzhugh, a historian who researched that case for over 25 years through town/church records, land deeds etc. I was grateful he provided permission to use his findings. I'd highly recommend his book "The Bell Witch: The Full Account".

Feel free to contact me if need be and again, my comments were not to disrespect your experiences. At the same time I’m confident, in my abilities and commitment to the field. I employ critical thought, draw minimal speculations and treat the paranormal with the respect it deserves. It’s very much like fishing in an ocean with just one fish using the wrong bait.

Thank you for your educated reply. I’m glad I posted on here and have gotten such good feedback thus far.

I’m not too sure how to post the audio as I’m new to this messagboard. Can I email it or is that a violation of rules?

We lived in a house years ago. It sat vacant for three years before we purchased through an estate. We moved in and almost immediately I saw the father who passed away standing in our master bath clear as day. I even woke my wife up and she saw the same thing, him leaning over the sink, head sunk down. We always kept the door closed after that.

My wife and I had some troubles after that and she moved in with her mom leaving me home alone for a couple months. I travel for a living. I was gone from the house for 4-5 days once. When I pulled up to the driveway and got out, I immediately smelt a weird smell. I opened up the door and immediately knew. It was gas. Long story short, every gas burner on the stove was turned on high. My wife and kids were 4 hours drive away.

#11 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:08 PM

PM sent with contact information included.

#12 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:30 AM

I was going to suggest PM or for GhostlyZen to use something like Instaudio an audio hosting site and include a link in your post.

EVP is a good source of information :yes: we are lucky to have him
Posted Image

#13 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:52 PM

How are you going ? any Changes in activity?

#14 dash

dash

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:46 AM

Hows the activity GhostlyZen? hope it is letting up

#15 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:02 AM

View Postdash, on 16 January 2019 - 05:46 AM, said:

Hows the activity GhostlyZen? hope it is letting up

Last Active Jan 10 2019 06:11 PM

I never received an email from GZ after passing on contact information in a PM. In defense, I conveyed that my main PC with most of the analysis software will be down for a week. Initially I thought a power supply had gone south but it turned out it's the motherboard. I'll have my main PC back and running by the weekend.

Edited by EVP, 16 January 2019 - 10:12 AM.

#16 GhostlyZen

GhostlyZen

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 02:53 PM

Hey all, I’m sorry for the delay. Work has had me swamped. The best I’ve been able to do is record the evp with my iPad. I have the 7200 which doesn’t have a download function unfortunately. I can send the clip that I recorded with my iPad though.

We did a spirit box session yesterday and recorded the whole thing. We kept picking up a British sounding voice that was directly communicating with our questions.

I question if this spirit is evil or faking it.

#17 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:20 PM

Did you record the interaction ? it would be great to hear it!

#18 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:36 PM

That would be great if you could uploaded it here :yes:
Posted Image

#19 GhostlyZen

GhostlyZen

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:19 PM

Other things I will note...

I had an incident in the parking lot when loading my bags a few weeks ago. I have a habit of starting my car first then loading up my luggage. I opened the trunk and started loading my bags. Before I could even start, someone or something behind me said “Hey!” Loud enough to startle me. I turned around and no one was there.

#20 Ladydi

Ladydi

EVP

• Guests
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 08:45 PM

I just want to add in a possibility to suggest. Since you said events happen when energies get high and this is not your first rodeo...you may want to research poltergeists. The theory is that it is a person's energy that causes supernatural events to happen. Theory says there is no spirit but I believe the activity is centered around a person but there can be a spirit who uses that person's energy to manifest.think about when things happen is it always when you, or a family member, is upset? Does it reach a peak and then stop? Growing up my mother used to blame me for a lot that happened in our house but I don't think it was just me causing things. I think a spirit used my energy when I was upset. Anyway it's another possibility to think about.

Edited by Ladydi, 01 June 2019 - 08:46 PM.