25 replies to this topic

#1 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,306 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:42 PM

I am sure this security footage gave his mother a great sense of peace. It would have been a glimmer of hope among her terrible loss. Her happiness in this image says a lot to me!

Posted Image

A grieving mother has claimed her son’s ghost returned to the family home after her security cameras captured a transparent figure in her kitchen.

Robbie Hodge, the son of Jennifer Hodge, 57, from Atlanta, Georgia, died two years ago of an accidental drug overdose from what was thought to be fake Xanax aged just 23.

The bereaved mother-of-two had spent the past two years coming to terms with the loss of her ‘caring’ son, when she received a notification on her phone reading ‘person spotted in entryway’ last week.

Ms Hodges had been watching television in bed with her daughter, Lauren, 21, and nearly drifted off to sleep when her phone sent the alert.
It was her entryway home security camera which had been triggered, according to the notification, at 11:51 pm on 5 January 2019.

The message said the camera had ‘spotted a person’. The image sent to Ms Hodge’s phone clearly shows a transparent mass in the shape of a human figure.

The mother and daughter ran to the kitchen and found nothing disturbed and no signs of a break-in.

In hindsight, Ms Hodges believes her security camera in fact captured images of her son’s ‘ghost’, who had suffered from OCD, ADHD, anxiety, and addiction.

The figure appeared in the kitchen and seemed to be wearing pyjamas in the exceptionally clear still capture.

No doubt many will take this as proof of the existence of ghosts.
Ms Hodge explained her son’s struggles:

Robbie was a great kid. He had an addiction and we thought for sure it had to be heroin when he passed away. But the only thing that we could track down is where he was buying Xanax.

He and I together had started a charity before he died and it was to turn real estate into a way of saving lives and stopping an addiction.

We’d won national and local awards for it. He used to try and help other people when he was in need of help too.

Ms Hodge recalled:

"It’s just insane – I’m blown away. It’s just crazy. I was laying in bed watching TV with my daughter and I was just about asleep.

The phone was lay between us and I got this message notification saying someone was in the kitchen. She was like ‘Mum, there’s a person in the kitchen… Mum, that’s Robbie!’

I was stunned. And it did look just like him – beard and all".

His mother claims he was a ‘giving, caring, loving human being’ and the pair had even set up a charity to help people battling addiction prior to his death.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#2 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,506 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:02 PM

What an awesome experience for the mother and sister.  Addiction is one of the hardest things to lose someone you love to - I am glad they could share this glimpse of him together.

#3 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:41 PM

Without any accusations, what I immediately observed is a lack of proportions of the location vs the alleged ghost, The alleged head looks VERY oversized and scaled incorrectly to the kitchen background. Pictures in the digital age are difficult to validate and even more so with pixel level editing available in Photoshop. Without witnesses and supporting evidence the sell will be hard to swallow in any critical manner.

Thanks for the share Klainey!

#4 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,155 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 17 January 2019 - 10:19 PM

There's a long thread about this on ATS. General consensus is, if it seems to good to be true, it probably is
For what it's worth, with the countless hours of paranormal investigations on various TV shows, no one has captured anything on camera close to this. Since most/all para TV shows are likely fake, or mostly fake, take that with a grain of salt, but still..the few that actually do proper investigations would make a big deal out of catching something like this. No one has even tried to fake something like this because it would likely fall apart under scrutiny.

I've probably been on 50 or so investigations, and aside from some EVP's, have never captured (or seen) an full apparition. Several times when there was other activity happening at the same time I did get a few quick 'sparks' (for lack of a better word), but that's it.

I work for a company that has a division that supports Nest, and AFAIK Nest is strictly video, no still photos, at least in my area. So that's suspicious.

Typically folks who may have captured something will look up a paranormal group or something similar, and not go to the media. In part because they don't want to be seen as crazy, and because they are looking for real answers.

This appears to be a case of wanting media attention, and perhaps even set up by the family for that reason, maybe sympathy, whatever.

SOmeone else posted this as a possible explanation:

She was paying for video services. She stopped paying for it. Meaning there was old videos on the server and through a computer error an old video was treated as a new one. I had a similar experience it pulled an old video and showed me my mother came to the door. I called her and she said she hadn't been by at all. Turned out the video was from a year earlier. She visited for Chrismas the year before I suspect the system they use looks at the month and the day but not the year.

Edited by Vlawde, 17 January 2019 - 10:17 PM.

Posted Image

#5 lorac61469

lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:20 PM

To me it looks like a more feminine shape and Iím not seeing a beard.

Edited by lorac61469, 18 January 2019 - 03:20 PM.

#6 dash

dash

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:21 PM

What ever the case glad the 2 women found some comfort from the picture.

#7 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,506 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:11 AM

Thank you Dash - whatever the case maybe if this has brought comfort or peace to this family, then it's not for any of us to take it away.

#8 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 03:20 PM

Yup :yes: if a photo makes people happy there's no need to disprove or cast doubts on it :no:

Vlawde I'd be eXtremely surprised if Nest cameras could not send still images. Even the cheapest carpiest security cameras do that. Um where does it say this is from a Nest camera :what:
- siguie -

#9 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,057 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:28 PM

interesting explanation about the video being old... you'd hope she's not in on a scam and truly thinks its her son, otherwise it's a bit off colour isn't it?
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#10 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,306 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:47 PM

For what it is worth. I had picked up the mother and image is genuine.

Even if the image was manipulate or the video some how was able to record old footage into new. Who can really say spirit doesn't have the means and knowhow to do it.
Posted Image

#11 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:49 AM

View Postsiguie, on 19 January 2019 - 03:20 PM, said:

Yup :yes: if a photo makes people happy there's no need to disprove or cast doubts on it :no:

Vlawde I'd be eXtremely surprised if Nest cameras could not send still images. Even the cheapest carpiest security cameras do that. Um where does it say this is from a Nest camera :what:

Agreed siguie, but at the same time if it gets big coverage, it's only natural for it to be scrutinized.

Carl Sagan's quote is quite fitting. “extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

#12 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,306 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:02 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,306 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:54 AM

It even gets creepier the more you look

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:51 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 20 January 2019 - 05:54 AM, said:

It even gets creepier the more you look

She has two daughters living with her doesn't she?  This might explain what appears to be a nightgown.

#15 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,306 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:07 AM

From what I can find she has 2 daughters and a son.

But at the time it was the mother and her younger daughter who were at home when they got the alert  

Her oldest daughter is married here is her account

That other image with the "nightgown" was from another nest subscriber mallory belville
Posted Image

#16 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,306 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:17 AM

For those who may not have FB

Okay guys, if you know me, you know I'm not a weird ghost hunter. I'm open-minded and spiritual, I believe in God and the afterlife, but I'm not someone who often delves into supernatural things. That being said, at the risk of looking a bit crazy, here's one of the strangest unexplained things that's ever to happened to us...

My sister Lauren called me last night and she's flipping out about what just happened... She and my mom were watching a movie in my mom's room last night around midnight, when they get a notification from the Nest security system that a "person" is in the kitchen. It's only the 2 of them in the house, and they hadn't gotten up from the bedroom for an hour or two so it wasn't them.

It seriously looks like Robbie! Most of you know my 23 year old brother Robbie passed about 2 years ago in the same house, in which he lived with my mom and sister. In the photos you can see he had a chin-strap beard which can be seen in the Nest picture. (I just realized that the picture is a little blurry once uploaded to FB, but trust me, it looks just like him!)

My mom said after she saw it, she went into the kitchen to check the Nest to see what was going on. The Nest was blinking off and on (something she'd never seen before). Then it shut off completely and wouldn't turn back on for a while.

My mind is BLOWN. All of us have been looking for reasons to explain this away, and none of us can find any logical explanation. Like, what???

Edited to add:

We believe his spirit passed in my mom's house. He was found dead, and his body was revived but not his mind. He spent 7 days in the hospital - which might explain why he looks like he's wearing a hospital gown. Or maybe it could be a heavenly gown/robe. Or maybe just a white t-shirt (my sis says that's what he's always wearing in her dreams). Sooo crazy!

We just noticed the window sash is showing through the center of his face. This shows that it's a somewhat transparent figure.

Also his height in the photo (measured against the window) is exactly what his height was (about 5'9" - 5'10").

A lot of people have asked about the video footage. It shows 19 seconds. Unfortunately my mom's Nest plan doesn't save video footage; the only way she could've seen it was through the live feed. She just upgraded the plan for future.

Oh, by the way, none of us are good at photo shop. And my mom got the Nest security cam AFTER my brother passed away - so there's no way it's old footage. Nests are digital anyway, so it's impossible that it's a stain or old footage coming through. Besides, I'm pretty sure Nest would be in big trouble if their cameras sometimes showed old footage as current. Regardless - the security cam wasn't around when Robbie was alive. Trust me, I'm skeptical too!

Please be respectful - this is a sensitive thing for my family. We miss and love him dearly. Robbie was such a kind-hearted, genuine, beautiful soul.

***There's many thoughts, opinions and beliefs about the validity and the meaning of all this. We don't know anything for sure, we're just sharing what happened. We're honestly in disbelief, but again we can't find a logical explanation. We don't claim a dogmatic belief that this could be only ONE thing, because we'll only know the possibilities of the afterlife (with certainty) once we ourselves pass over. However, unless we find reason to believe otherwise, I like to believe that this is a peaceful and loving visit from my angel brother to let us know he's okay and he loves us.

Posted Image

#17 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:45 AM

Thanks for the info Klainey.

#18 rainmaker

rainmaker

EVP

• GS Member
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Family, Learning

Posted 22 January 2019 - 03:09 AM

It's not relevant but is the kitchen cupboard door slightly open?

I wonder if it was left open or was the object thirsty....

#19 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,306 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 03:27 AM

Yes, it looks open to me too
Posted Image

#20 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,057 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:44 AM

how creepy, I always worry about what is going to come up on the cam I have set up!!
It's in the trees, it's coming!