• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:44 AM

‘Ghost’ in student’s apartment turns out to be a man in her closet, wearing her clothes :fright:
Wow, I am not sure what is worse... Yes, I do! I think I would rather the "GHOST".

Source

GREENSBORO, N.C. – Strange noises, missing clothing and unexplained handprints.

A North Carolina college student says she thought a ghost was haunting her off-campus apartment – until this past weekend when she found a man in her closet, dressed in her clothes.

It happened at the Summit at the Edge Apartments, just steps from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.

“I’ve been having, like, pieces of clothes missing. Like shirts and pants,” says Maddie, a junior at the college. She told WGHP she is scared for her safety and declined to show her face on camera.

Items were disappearing and handprints were left behind on the bathroom wall.

It wasn’t until Saturday that she uncovered a mystery that she and her roommates thought was a ghost.

“I just hear rattling in my closet. It sounded like a racoon in my closet,” Maddie said. “I’m like 'Who’s there?' And somebody answers me. He’s like, ‘Oh my name is Drew.’ I open the door and he’s in there, wearing all of my clothes. My socks. My shoes. And he has a book bag full of my clothes.”

Police said that was 30-year-old Andrew Swofford. He appeared in court on Monday via video conference from the Guilford County Jail.

Maddie said she called her boyfriend. As she calmly waited for help, she talked to Swofford to keep him distracted.

“He tries on my hat. He goes in the bathroom and looks in the mirror and then is like ‘You’re really pretty, can I give you a hug?’" she recalled. “But he never touched me.”

The big question the women are trying to get answered is how he got inside.

They said their doors are always locked and they did not see any damage to them.

But what really scares the women is that this is not the first time strange men have been inside their apartment.

“There were two guys in the living room,” Maddie said.

That was December 19th. The women alerted the leasing office.

An employee confirmed they changed the locks at that time but did not file a police report. WGHP was told that was standard protocol.

But Maddie and her roommate say they’ve had enough.

“Last night I did not feel safe. I slept with my roommate in her bed,” she said. “I can’t stay here. My closet, it stinks. Every time I go in [my room] there’s a bad vibe. I’m just ready to leave.”

Burkely Communities, the property management company, told WGHP they are going through all of the details and trying to figure out how something like this happened.

Swofford was jailed in Guilford County under a $26,000 bond on 14 felony charges including larceny and identity theft.
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:52 AM

OMG! :fright:  As soon as the police had him in custody, I'd have been out of there... sheesh.  Posted Image
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 ParanormalEmpath

Orb

• GS Member
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Spirit, Empathic abilities, Clairvoyance, Mediums & other paranormal topics

Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:59 AM

How terrifying for them.  Though this story is rather bizarre it could have ended badly.  The intruder was evidently mental.  Luckily he had no malice intended.  Having had my home broken into and my office on separate occasions it truly is an invasion of privacy which leaves you paranoid for quite a while afterward.   Interesting story... thanks for sharing it.

#4 SpukiKitty

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:34 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 05 February 2019 - 03:44 AM, said:

‘Ghost’ in student’s apartment turns out to be a man in her closet, wearing her clothes :fright:
Wow, I am not sure what is worse... Yes, I do! I think I would rather the "GHOST".

Source

GREENSBORO, N.C. – Strange noises, missing clothing and unexplained handprints.

A North Carolina college student says she thought a ghost was haunting her off-campus apartment – until this past weekend when she found a man in her closet, dressed in her clothes.

It happened at the Summit at the Edge Apartments, just steps from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.

“I’ve been having, like, pieces of clothes missing. Like shirts and pants,” says Maddie, a junior at the college. She told WGHP she is scared for her safety and declined to show her face on camera.

Items were disappearing and handprints were left behind on the bathroom wall.

It wasn’t until Saturday that she uncovered a mystery that she and her roommates thought was a ghost.

“I just hear rattling in my closet. It sounded like a racoon in my closet,” Maddie said. “I’m like 'Who’s there?' And somebody answers me. He’s like, ‘Oh my name is Drew.’ I open the door and he’s in there, wearing all of my clothes. My socks. My shoes. And he has a book bag full of my clothes.”

Police said that was 30-year-old Andrew Swofford. He appeared in court on Monday via video conference from the Guilford County Jail.

Maddie said she called her boyfriend. As she calmly waited for help, she talked to Swofford to keep him distracted.

“He tries on my hat. He goes in the bathroom and looks in the mirror and then is like ‘You’re really pretty, can I give you a hug?’" she recalled. “But he never touched me.”

The big question the women are trying to get answered is how he got inside.

They said their doors are always locked and they did not see any damage to them.

But what really scares the women is that this is not the first time strange men have been inside their apartment.

“There were two guys in the living room,” Maddie said.

That was December 19th. The women alerted the leasing office.

An employee confirmed they changed the locks at that time but did not file a police report. WGHP was told that was standard protocol.

But Maddie and her roommate say they’ve had enough.

“Last night I did not feel safe. I slept with my roommate in her bed,” she said. “I can’t stay here. My closet, it stinks. Every time I go in [my room] there’s a bad vibe. I’m just ready to leave.”

Burkely Communities, the property management company, told WGHP they are going through all of the details and trying to figure out how something like this happened.

Swofford was jailed in Guilford County under a $26,000 bond on 14 felony charges including larceny and identity theft.

Wow! Do guys in that neighborhood have lock picks or something? I'm glad he got arrested and everyone's okay.

It's like a creepier version of the VERY early Pink Floyd song "Arnold Layne"....
https://www.songfact...yd/arnold-layne
....Instead of swiping stuff from clothes lines, he's inexplicably able to get into women's locked apartments.

At least he didn't go "David Russell Williams" on the women.

Gals should move. Apparently weird males with Kitty-Pryde-like powers are a thing (I'm not serious about 'phasing powers' but YEESH!).

Maybe the landlord has a bad habit of installing shoddy locks....or guys in thee neighborhood are secretly cat-burglars....or there's a secret passageway in the building....
....Reminds me of that story about that guy in Japan who had a woman secretly living in his apartment without his knowledge. She would stay in the pantry when he was around.

Edited by SpukiKitty, 06 February 2019 - 08:37 PM.

My Signature
Posted Image

#5 KolIkA

Apport

• GS Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 08:37 PM

How :shocked: .
I think I would rather a friendly :Boo:  than a stranger hiding in my cupboard. He must have serious issues glad those girls just got a fright and nothing more sinister.

#6 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:50 PM

This is so scary, I'd be checking my closets if I knew there was any chance someone would be in there! Thankfully my closet is so cramped with stuff there's no way anyone would get a little toe in there hahaha
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#7 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 04 March 2019 - 09:58 AM

View PostearthlydelitesGStudy, on 26 February 2019 - 11:50 PM, said:

Thankfully my closet is so cramped with stuff there's no way anyone would get a little toe in there hahaha

:happyy:
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com