• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 PIT leader

PIT leader

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal and house music,horror films,comics

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:51 AM

I found this fascinating story online. The video does seem to show something moving and the picture of the "creature" zoomed in does look like something otherworldly. Of course, it could just be an optical illusion. What do you think?

https://www.cornwall...ornwall-2411468
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#2 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 27 February 2019 - 01:39 PM

Some noteworthy dialogue.

1.) "We start to get affected on that frequency change."

What frequency change?  What instruments did they use to monitor of the alleged change to validate the statement? If they are referring to a ghost box which typically scans through a broad bandwidth, how are they are they able to determine that it isn't a radio dialogue taking place? My apology here, I don't advocate "ghost boxes" as a monitoring device of the paranormal. They are radio scanners.

2.) "It's getting really cold here right now , There's something around us."

Although there are strong claims that a presence is associated with temperature changes, without instruments, it could easily be explained by sensory deprivation. Essentially you overload by a lack of stimuli and your body experiences false positives. Unfortunately, outdoor investigative locations are difficult to monitor. Something as simple as being closer to a water body or a small shift in wind direction can also create the same effect. In my first 2 years of investigation a friend and myself investigated 350 outdoor locations. We had enough experiences to recognize our investigations needed to be turned to more controlled environments found indoors.

When we became fully organized we turned our investigations exclusively indoors for a more controlled environment. Part of the monitoring we included during our investigation were varying devices that recorded temperature changes. To date we have seen no correlation or unusual temperature changes. That's over the course of a decade. I'm not suggesting they do not exist. Only, that we never experienced anything that was anything other than mundane in origin.

Ideally, you would need to construct a grid monitoring a moving mass to offer a level of validation. Most temperature devices record surface temperature which isn't really an effective way of monitoring. A large group of us back in 2008 spent 4 hours in Eastern State Penitentiary. I tried to spread my investigative process using audio recorders and monitoring for temperature changes equally. I worked with 3 small groups over the course of the four hours and innumerable times (in almost 0 lux), I would immediately monitor anyone suggesting a temperature change. I never noticed anything other than a couple of degree change which I don't see drastic enough to rule it as anything other than normality.

3.) "Can you stand in front of us please and not affect us. Use the water for the energy."

Much of the dialogue in my opinion is rooted to confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance. They are trying to validate their belief system. I've spent countless hours reviewing/monitoring video from IR LED illumination and UV-A light. Unfortunately, under low light conditions mixed with low resolution sensor recordings, random chaotic patterns can emerge in the footage.

Investigators need to do their best to leave belief systems and opinions at the door while investigating. Observation is key and making a concerted effort to rule out natural causes along with administering controls..

Once again, I do believe there is legitimate phenomena. It's a requirement we offer a level of discernment to maintain credibility in this pseudo-science.

Edited by EVP, 27 February 2019 - 01:56 PM.

Posted Image

#3 kevinscan

kevinscan

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    Friends
    Horror & Sci-fi
    A good mystery
    Star Wars
    Hiking

Posted 27 February 2019 - 03:31 PM

It's possibly just a bush or tree swaying in the breeze and the end of the bridge, but who knows.
Posted Image

"Ghosts are not conscious entities, but emotional energy recorded in matter"

Sir Oliver Lodge

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,762 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:30 PM

I found it very hard to see what they caught on camera.

I am more interested in the shadow/ mist that crosses, at the 29-second mark, from left to centre and seems to be eaten up by the torchlight. Or is that what they are talking of?

Then the area where the torchlight is, it is darkened for a few seconds (33-35 second) before the torchlight appears luminous again.

Attached Files

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:50 PM

ah, yes, 'ghost hunting'... otherwise known as 'wave a flashlight around in the dark, ask someone/something to show themselves, say something about it getting cold, then say something about being in pain.' Who are your critics to say you didn't feel cold, that you weren't in pain, that you didn't feel an evil presence, that the 'figure' you picked out in your video isn't a ghost or alien or demon.

"Tune-in to them frequencies and use the water for the energy."

lol, I'm still laughing

#6 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:51 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 27 February 2019 - 06:30 PM, said:

I found it very hard to see what they caught on camera.

I am more interested in the shadow/ mist that crosses, at the 29-second mark, from left to centre and seems to be eaten up by the torchlight. Or is that what they are talking of?

Then the area where the torchlight is, it is darkened for a few seconds (33-35 second) before the torchlight appears luminous again.

He mentioned in the dialog about water. I wouldn't be surprised if the mist is the result of water and ground temperature. In general, that's the probelm with outdoor locations, You need to almost be a meteorologist and have have facts about conditions at the time. It's way to easily explained as environmental. Seen these conditions many times in outdoor spots. Another reason why I shelved them as viable research.

Edited by EVP, 27 February 2019 - 06:56 PM.

Posted Image

#7 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 08:54 PM

btw, speaking as someone who has experience dealing with a variety of the nastier characters you won't find in your standard encyclopedia, I can tell you it's unwise to ask – as the person in the video asked – things along the lines of "can you... not affect us?" That's an ask; a general ask to whoever may be listening, and by asking this you've just CONSENTED to whatever the decision is of whoever responds (whether their decision is NOT to affect you, or TO affect you). See the problem?

Also, you're broadcasting weakness and sound like a wimp.

#8 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,319 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 27 February 2019 - 10:35 PM

I didn't see what they supposedly saw at all
Posted Image

#9 PIT leader

PIT leader

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal and house music,horror films,comics

Posted 28 February 2019 - 01:20 AM

It took me a while to see the supposed entity, but I think it's the kinda illuminated part at the opposite side that seems to move slightly. My instinct was that it was just an optical illusion. The photo of it zoomed in with a face later in the article is more convincing but again, is most likely pareidolia. However, stories like this will always interest me as you never know what's really out there and we all know how hard it is to get results on camera.

As for the "ghost hunter", he has another video on that website of "2 heads emerging from a grave" that is of equally bad video quality, yet just vaguely enough happening in it to make you wonder. I get a strong impression from both that he is a hobbyist rather than a professional (as I'm sure you all have picked up on based on your replies.) These videos still intrigued me though as I always wonder if someday someone like this man will stumble upon real activity and record it unknowingly.
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#10 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,762 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 03:22 AM

Still, it was interesting to watch thanks for sharing :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#11 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:17 PM

Any set of data (video etc) can be interpreted as 'evidence' if you don't establish standards for yourself in it's collection and analysis. This video is a prime example of that.

Without standards, objectivity goes out the window.

#12 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:21 AM

View PostTrue North, on 28 February 2019 - 06:17 PM, said:

Any set of data (video etc) can be interpreted as 'evidence' if you don't establish standards for yourself in it's collection and analysis. This video is a prime example of that.

Without standards, objectivity goes out the window.

I couldn't agree more with your statements. This field globally has no standards and the term evidence is subjective. Unfortunately, without instilling controls, learning the fundamentals on how equipment works this pseudoscience will continue to be scrutinized, argued and left without answers. A long time ago on this board, we had a moderator called "Off-Duty Cop". What better individual to have at an investigation that understand procedures and protocols. Our videographer's full time profession is a pharmaceutical scientist. What better way to refine your methods through observation and experimentation.

Personally I believe education is fundamental as in any research. But I do respect those that just see it as a hobby. I just hope they recognize their work may be put under the microscope if they take it to the next level.

Edited by EVP, 01 March 2019 - 12:23 AM.

Posted Image

#13 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,224 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 04 March 2019 - 09:52 AM

View PostPIT leader, on 28 February 2019 - 01:20 AM, said:

It took me a while to see the supposed entity, but I think it's the kinda illuminated part at the opposite side that seems to move slightly. My instinct was that it was just an optical illusion. The photo of it zoomed in with a face later in the article is more convincing but again, is most likely pareidolia. However, stories like this will always interest me as you never know what's really out there and we all know how hard it is to get results on camera.

As for the "ghost hunter", he has another video on that website of "2 heads emerging from a grave" that is of equally bad video quality, yet just vaguely enough happening in it to make you wonder. I get a strong impression from both that he is a hobbyist rather than a professional (as I'm sure you all have picked up on based on your replies.) These videos still intrigued me though as I always wonder if someday someone like this man will stumble upon real activity and record it unknowingly.

This is the Falmouth Cemetery video:

Mark Davis' channel: CORNWALL GHOST HUNTING

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop