• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,223 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 01 April 2019 - 01:39 PM

OMG! its I want one; I'd hug it and skritch it behind those wiggly ears.

Bright Eyed Baby Bat Master Tarik

Baby flying-foxes mature quickly and go from being a helpless infant to a wide-eyed and inquisitive little baby all within three or four weeks. Orphaned flying-foxes are an absolute joy to raise as they bond so quickly and completely with their surrogate mum or dad, but even so, we always try to reunite a baby with it's rightful mother if at all possible. Sadly, many mother bats die from dog attacks; car hits, extreme weather events, electrocution on power lines and entrapment on barbed wire or in large aperture anti bird netting. Each year volunteers across Australia hand raise and soft release thousands of orphaned bats who would otherwise have died thus helping to bolster flagging populations. www.facebook.com/BatzillatheBat/

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#2 GothickangelCa

GothickangelCa

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Artist, Blogger, Goth.
    Shamanism, Paranormal, Occult (Research Only), Astral Projection, Travel and Camping.

Posted 07 April 2019 - 07:27 AM

The Canadian black bat is one of my spirit guides. As a sign of respect for all that he has done for me when I move in a month I will be putting up a bat box. We get brown, black and few other bats around here. And I will be out in the country then so would like to give them a safe haven. Just I won't be petting any of the wild ones. I have enjoyed them climb up me while at animal awareness events when I was a child at my school.

Light and Shadow. A place where the line is blurred between both worlds.

Nothing is as it seems. Shadow doesn't always mean evil and light doesn't always mean divine.

Posted Image

#3 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,223 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 08 April 2019 - 02:33 PM

On behalf of all the bats, I thank you for putting up a shelter for them. During the Spring/Summer/Earl Fall we have them zipping around our house at night. It can be a pain when they trigger the spotlights. :lol: I love Flying-foxes. They are the most adorable and loveable bats. You can't beat those big mesmerizing eyes.

Posted Image

My Shop

#4 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 02:58 PM

Here's a new video.

When The Tummy Is Full The Yawning Begins

The bottles are empty, the tummies are full and now for some.....yawning! It's such exhausting work being a baby flying-fox. Endless days basking in the warm autumn sunshine, bat lollies dutifully prepared and available at whim and dreams of a life in the wild yet to be realised. If only we could keep them this happy, fed and safe for the rest of their lives.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 08 April 2019 - 03:00 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#5 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 07:52 PM

They are so cute but noisy buggers! It's fox season here in Australia and I was hearing them all night for the past few weeks!
It's in the trees, it's coming!