I Spoke To Our Pastor About The House

• You cannot reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic

#1 LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 02 April 2019 - 04:02 AM

I had a great conversation with our pastor (who just married my daughter and son in law) and her husband during the reception about the stuff that had gone on in our house.  I told her everything from when the kids first had experiences, to all the stuff that lead me to starting a journal and the discussion I had with my aunt whom is a medium.

Pastor Karen mentioned that she has blessed houses before.  She did confide in me that most of those that she blessed felt like normal houses and the family wanted piece of mind.

She did tell me that there were a couple of houses that were immediately apparent to have something else there in it.  She would not or could not say that it was any specific type of ghost, demon, whatever.  She said that she did her thing in those houses, but, that she felt the urge to be commanding / demanding in her actions to rid the house of whatever it was.

She was genuinely interested in what I told her about our house.  She said that if anything starts up again that she would be happy to come bless the house and get rid of whatever is there.
My Signature
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 01:01 AM

Sounds like a plan.

I blessed our house myself and it seemed to work, although, I haven't had any problems with spirit. I have more problems with the living.
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 04 April 2019 - 06:49 AM

KlaineyGStudy, on 03 April 2019 - 01:01 AM, said:

Sounds like a plan.

I blessed our house myself and it seemed to work, although, I haven't had any problems with spirit. I have more problems with the living.

Don't we all. ;)
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#4 EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 04 April 2019 - 12:37 PM

I'm not intentionally playing the devils advocate and my research as all of you know is fundamentally evidence based if that does exist in pseudoscience but I've heard mixed opinions on cleansing, clearing and smudging.

The long time debate remains that it can:

1.) Have a positive effect minimally or more.
2.) Have no effect at all.
3.) Perturb what is there.

Speculations also use the hypothesis, what IF, whatever is there contains a different sense of worship to the one doing the clearing. As in what IF you have a catholic priest performing a clearing and the residing spirit is Buddhist?

To date I have asked something to leave my own residence without re-occurrence or consequences. I was lucky in my case.

If at all possible, please don't turn this into a spiritual debate of any sort. Try to keep it generic if you can to make sure the aethist and true believers don't start a war :)

Edited by EVP, 04 April 2019 - 12:40 PM.

My Signature
Posted Image

#5 JohnHermes

Apport

• GS Member
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:tarot, dreaming practices, shamanism, magick etc.

Posted 05 April 2019 - 01:24 AM

Does she sage as well?  She sounds like a mystic.  A shaman would be probably be a better candidate for cleansing. If you can find someone who is contact with the spirit world and can see energy of other entities.

Edited by JohnHermes, 05 April 2019 - 01:25 AM.

#6 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 05 April 2019 - 11:04 AM

View PostEVP, on 04 April 2019 - 12:37 PM, said:

Speculations also use the hypothesis, what IF, whatever is there contains a different sense of worship to the one doing the clearing. As in what IF you have a Catholic priest performing a clearing and the residing spirit is Buddhist?

That's so true. Consider the scenario of a resident ghost/spirit is a pre-contact Native American or even an Elemental and you bring in a non-native priest or reverend to bless/clear your home? IMHO, I don't think it's going to end well.
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#7 Orb2

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Gaming and paranormal investigation are my two main interests. Cyber-security degree in progress.

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:40 AM

OH I love this site. Man I wouldn't like to live at your house, your place sounds epic!

#8 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 02:41 AM

Hello and welcome to the boards Orb2 by the way I love your avatar
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#9 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 10:37 AM

Hello Orb2. :welcome:
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#10 Orb2

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Gaming and paranormal investigation are my two main interests. Cyber-security degree in progress.

Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:27 AM

I would (personally) attempt to cross it over (if it is a spirit). But since there is no way to tell what it is (or if your pastor is withholding information, for whatever reason) you might just want to leave it be. Have you had your aunt come check out the house to determine what type of activity is there?

Going into this, being new and having no idea of stuff you have/haven't posted on this topic is a little hard for me, but I tried.

Edited by Orb2, 18 April 2019 - 06:27 AM.

#11 WhispersInTheAttic

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:48 PM

LouczarGStudy, on 02 April 2019 - 04:02 AM, said:

I had a great conversation with our pastor (who just married my daughter and son in law) and her husband during the reception about the stuff that had gone on in our house.  I told her everything from when the kids first had experiences, to all the stuff that lead me to starting a journal and the discussion I had with my aunt whom is a medium.

Pastor Karen mentioned that she has blessed houses before.  She did confide in me that most of those that she blessed felt like normal houses and the family wanted piece of mind.

She did tell me that there were a couple of houses that were immediately apparent to have something else there in it.  She would not or could not say that it was any specific type of ghost, demon, whatever.  She said that she did her thing in those houses, but, that she felt the urge to be commanding / demanding in her actions to rid the house of whatever it was.

She was genuinely interested in what I told her about our house.  She said that if anything starts up again that she would be happy to come bless the house and get rid of whatever is there.

I'm glad the pastor would come back and bless your house if anything else continues. I hope things get better for you.

You're in my thoughts. Please keep us updated on anything that occurs in your house. You could also could a journal of things going on if you haven't done so already.
My Signature

Posted Image

#12 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:51 PM

Hope it all goes well after the pastor visit, please let us know how you get on.
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#13 Ladydi

EVP

• Guests
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 08:31 PM

the long time debate remains that it can:

1.) Have a positive effect minimally or more.
2.) Have no effect at all.
3.) Perturb what is there.

Speculations also use the hypothesis, what IF, whatever is there contains a different sense of worship to the one doing the clearing. As in what IF you have a catholic priest performing a clearing and the residing spirit is Buddhist?
I don't believe ghosts become perturbed by any kind of spiritual warfare. Only evil entities do and my opinion, from my experience, is that the home owner should use their religion whatever that may be. I've lost count of how many house blessings I've done in regards to native American spirits (the area i live in is called "the Indian valley" and I use or counsel the home owners to use their religion. Those who have no religious preferences choose to follow native American customs sometimes and I've seen both ways work. I don't know as much about ghosts as I do demons, but I've also seen religion not work on ghosts. If they are not evil they have no reason to flee from spiritual warfare tactics. That's when following other tactics may come in handy...just wanted to add in my two cents.

Edited by Ladydi, 01 June 2019 - 08:32 PM.

My Signature

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com