4 replies to this topic

#1 SlowCiode

SlowCiode

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Far too many to list.

Posted 12 May 2019 - 03:16 PM

This photo was taken by my daughter at my summer home in northeastern Pennsylvania. My kids and I were joking around and I was using bad language. The house is maybe haunted by the spirit of my fraternal grandmother

(In the winter we close up the house until spring and one winter about 20 years ago my friend was snowmobiling by my house and saw a woman standing at the front door who he said looked like my dad's mom who had passed away about ten years prior to that date. He turned away to shut off his snowmobile and when he turned back two look she was gone. He wasn't a kook at all and we believed him, so although I had never had any sort of paranormal experience in the house or had never heard, seen or felt anything, we always joked that "Nanny" was there - always good for a smile.)

Anyway, these are digital photos. I have not retouched them other than to pixelate my middle finger in the one shot. The corona surrounding my legs is from the fire in the fireplace behind me, and in one shot this corona is actually higher up and at about the mid-body level. I don't think that's anything paranormal, just the way the camera reacted to the fire. A similar corona can be detected near my folded arms and on the horse brasses on the mantlepiece.

But the orb is very intricately detailed and is as clear as day. This is the first time I have shared these pics. That's me in the pics. My parents have since passed away and my children are grown now. A few years ago I sold the house to my next door neighbor, and so I have no idea if they have experienced anything. They both smoke a lot of grass, so nothing would surprise me...

Cheers - Alex

Attached Files

Edited by SlowCiode, 13 May 2019 - 08:04 AM.

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,306 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:20 AM

Hello and welcome to the boards and thank you for sharing your images.

I would think if that was your Nan's spirit, she might be telling you to watch your language.

I am glad you cleaned up the next image of us too.

As for the orbs, I always find them interesting but a lot here will suggest it is an optical phenomenon, due to the camera's flash being reflected from unfocused motes of dust, water droplets, or other particles in the air or water.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 SlowCiode

SlowCiode

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Far too many to list.

Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:46 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 13 May 2019 - 03:20 AM, said:

Hello and welcome to the boards and thank you for sharing your images.

I would think if that was your Nan's spirit, she might be telling you to watch your language.

I am glad you cleaned up the next image of us too.

As for the orbs, I always find them interesting but a lot here will suggest it is an optical phenomenon, due to the camera's flash being reflected from unfocused motes of dust, water droplets, or other particles in the air or water.

I think in some cases dust particles can reflect light and appear to be larger than they are or may appear to glow if a flash is used provided they are comprised of reflective material. But a well defined orb is something entirely different. They are larger, and better defined than particulate matter would be. Also there's the subject of were this orb appears - right in front of my mouth as I'm using expletive language - very strange. Anyway, I hope these pics will spark debate or be of interest to others.

#4 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,155 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:12 AM

Welcome!

That's a typical dust orb, very common in photography. It's very close to the lens.

Posted Image

Here's some info from Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia...r_(photography)
Posted Image

#5 kevinscan

kevinscan

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art