15 replies to this topic

#1 EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:21 PM

Recently there have been a number of orb photographs that have populated the board. I for one believe the majority of submissions can be easily explained by circumstances involving light projected in front of the lens with particulate within close proximity of the convex glass. Back in 2009, at our regularly investigated mansion, a video clip was recorded with rather unique properties. One of our IR cameras captured for a few seconds a passing orb but with pulsating characteristics.

This mansion was investigated over 30 times by our team exclusively until the couple parted their ways and sold the property. This mansion dates back to the 1880's and is the last palladian mansion of it's kind on the Connecticut River. It was a haven for audio anomalies and where I captured my second aural voice phenomena snippet.

This footage isn't meant to be submitted as proof of anything other than it's unusual lineament of pulsing. This clip has never been shared on the internet. It's only been viewed within our public presentations.

Comments are indeed welcome.

Edited by EVP, 14 May 2019 - 08:43 PM.

My Signature
Posted Image

#2 MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:38 PM

EVP - I think this is an awesome capture! You do have the 1st one that moves as dust or particulate matter(?) with the air flow. This is your area of expertise - not mine, I shouldn't even be commenting on this.
The 2nd one seems so different on every level.  The pulsating is phenomenal! Managing to capture one of each in the same video at such close intervals is (to a novice as myself) once in a lifetime.  I love what you have shown me with this clip.  Thank you for posting this for us to learn from and enjoy.

Michelle

#3 EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:49 PM

View PostMichelleGStudy, on 14 May 2019 - 08:38 PM, said:

I shouldn't even be commenting on this.Michelle

On the contrary Michelle. If anything I'm honored you commented. Thank you. I admire and recognize your specialty in vision. Just call me a chicken. I'm not willing to commit to what I believe this to be or what it isn't. I merely present findings along my own journey and allow others to make their own determinations. Admittedly, I have my own personal bias and it frequently conflicts with others. It's what you can expect when you age :)

Edited by EVP, 14 May 2019 - 08:55 PM.

My Signature
Posted Image

#4 Ladydi

EVP

• Guests
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:31 PM

I know nothing about catching spirts on video, but that was really interesting the way it pulsed.
My Signature

#5 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:52 PM

I really found your video interesting and thank you for sharing it here on the boards.

I haven't seen an orb pulsating like that either.

Great capture!

Can you remember if there were any other strange occurrences when the video was taken?
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#6 EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:35 AM

View PostMichelleGStudy, on 14 May 2019 - 08:38 PM, said:

EVP - I think this is an awesome capture! You do have the 1st one that moves as dust or particulate matter(?) with the air flow.

The first part of the video you see dust particulate rise vertically in front of the camera lens and it's illuminated by the IR emitters surrounding the lens. Below is an IR camera similar to ours.

Posted Image

Much like mistaken paranormal orbs found in photographs where the flash is extremely close to the lens and illuminates the particulate once the shutter is engaged, the IR emitters from the surveillance cameras essentially create the same effect by surrounding the lens. This was first noticed in the very early stages of our group formation.  It was first discovered at a very old Inn in Massachusetts. Our video tech had newly acquired an IR surveillance system and quickly found how contaminated the video footage was. Shortly thereafter, we modified our behavior by having our electronic tech modify the cameras to include a cutoff switch to the IR emitters.

Much like the quick fix for still cameras by providing off camera lighting to prevent or reduce the particulate illuminated in front of the lens, we started running our system with off axis lighting panels containing either black lights or IR. This essentially stopped ALL orbs showing in images and video footage. Simple science and understanding how equipment works that is often overlooked by investigators.

More to your question, the first orb that travels vertically is a false positive (illuminated dust). The pulsating orb is a little different. I honestly don't know how this phenomena was created.

Edited by EVP, 31 July 2019 - 11:03 AM.

My Signature
Posted Image

#7 EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:49 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 14 May 2019 - 09:52 PM, said:

Can you remember if there were any other strange occurrences when the video was taken?

The answer is no. We didn't have any collaborating evidence when the video was shot. Below is an explanation of our process. No one was in the room at the time the video footage was recorded.

Our team made great attempts in removing the human element as much as possible from the investigation. We typically would setup an audio/video homebase and monitor REAL TIME a good distance from the active areas. Controlling the environment was an absolute concern. If you have investigators walking around during the investigation unaccounted, plenty of claims of activity will transpire. What is left out of that statement is "it's all human activity". If there is paranormal activity, how do you validate it with all the human traffic?

If anything was caught on OUR video, all investigators were far removed from the location. This is certainly a caveat to the investigative process but it's still the best system. It's better than having false positives created by the investigators.

We had multiple video cameras and dedicated phantom powered/condenser microphones feed out from the home base. We had over 600 feet of audio and video cable available to us to isolate the human element from the investigation.

Below are images of our typical homebase:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Monitoring wasn't our only methodology during the investigation. We would periodically split into groups and document when, who & where in areas containing audio/video surveillance. We named this process as "dark vigils". One of us would have a stills camera and a portable audio recorder. We would rotate team members during these periods within the groups. By providing a variety of people, we felt different chemistry could stimulate activity.

Edited by EVP, 31 July 2019 - 11:05 AM.

My Signature
Posted Image

#8 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,246 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:58 AM

We had something similar in one of the most active investigations we ever had. I'm trying to find my original post that had the photo I had posted here around 2007-08. Had a IR videocamera focused on an investigator alone in a room where the most activity was reported. She was trying to coax a little girl apparition that had been seen to appear, figuring the spirit might be more apt to respond to a female/motherly figure. A glimmering orb/spark made it's way in front of the investigator then out of frame. At this point the investigator saw a partial apparition and was talking to it, trying to get it to move closer. The apparition finally faded away.

Still not 100% convinced it wasn't dust that appeared to glimmer because of the way the IR was hitting it, but considering what happened afterwards...
My Signature
Posted Image

#9 EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:15 AM

View PostVlawde, on 15 May 2019 - 07:58 AM, said:

We had something similar in one of the most active investigations we ever had. I'm trying to find my original post that had the photo I had posted here around 2007-08. Had a IR videocamera focused on an investigator alone in a room where the most activity was reported. She was trying to coax a little girl apparition that had been seen to appear, figuring the spirit might be more apt to respond to a female/motherly figure. A glimmering orb/spark made it's way in front of the investigator then out of frame. At this point the investigator saw a partial apparition and was talking to it, trying to get it to move closer. The apparition finally faded away.

Still not 100% convinced it wasn't dust that appeared to glimmer because of the way the IR was hitting it, but considering what happened afterwards...

I remember your post concerning that active investigation.  We share similar skepticism Vlawde. I suppose we have to just keep our analysis open to both ends. I constantly remind myself that a hardcore skeptic isn't that much different from a true believer.
My Signature
Posted Image

#10 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,246 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:20 AM

Found it! This screen cap from the video doesn't do it justice. Unfortunately the full video was hosted elsewhere and that site is now gone.  The thing shimmered like your video as it moved through the frame. Again, it's possible it's just how the IR hit it, but considering an apparition appeared where the orb moved to makes ya wonder. It was like a movingspark, and we were out in another room watching the investigator on a monitor. We were literally going "Wow!" when we saw it. The investigator started talking to the apparition, and I didn't want to rush into the room and disturb the activity

Posted Image
My Signature
Posted Image

#11 EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:54 AM

Thank you Vlawde. Just a quick question, I've just viewed the video and you mentioned that it was the illuminated orb with collaborating evidence of an apparition that appeared around the same time. Did more than one investigator witness it  collectively and if so did they see EXACTLY the same thing?

This type of phenomena I find VERY interesting.
My Signature
Posted Image

#12 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,246 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:05 AM

Unfortunately, only the investigator (my wife) saw it. I wish I was in the room holding the camera, but i suspect it wouldn't have happened if I was. That's why we left her alone in the room as bait, with the doll and we did have lullabies playing, same ones the residents played for the baby until things  started happening and they went to stay elsewhere. I didn't go back into the room until I was told it was gone. The figure (just a torso wearing a dress exactly like one they residents had used for a baptism) appeared kind of in, and in front of an open closet. I laid on the floor with my head in the closet trying to get any activity. I didn't at the time, but my head tingled, I got lightheaded, and got a headache while laying there
My Signature
Posted Image

#13 EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:13 AM

View PostVlawde, on 16 May 2019 - 09:05 AM, said:

Unfortunately, only the investigator (my wife) saw it. I wish I was in the room holding the camera, but i suspect it wouldn't have happened if I was. That's why we left her alone in the room as bait, with the doll and we did have lullabies playing, same ones the residents played for the baby until things  started happening and they went to stay elsewhere. I didn't go back into the room until I was told it was gone. The figure (just a torso wearing a dress exactly like one they residents had used for a baptism) appeared kind of in, and in front of an open closet. I laid on the floor with my head in the closet trying to get any activity. I didn't at the time, but my head tingled, I got lightheaded, and got a headache while laying there

Thanks for sharing this. I live to hear these moments from people I've learned to trust.

I laid on the floor with my head in the closet trying to get any activity. I didn't at the time, but my head tingled, I got lightheaded, and got a headache while laying there.

The type of sensation you are describing seems very similar to those that have had a manifestation take place or about to. I know this is hindsight but I strongly believe if you would have had a Tri-Field Natural, the meter would have gone nuts in either the magnetic or DC field setting.

Edited by EVP, 16 May 2019 - 09:22 AM.

My Signature
Posted Image

#14 kevinscan

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    Friends
    Horror & Sci-fi
    A good mystery
    Star Wars
    Hiking

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:44 PM

I have seen a pulsating orb once before, it turned out to be a flat flake of dust that was spinning around catching the light on the the flat sides from the IR light,
this gives the effect that it pulsates.

I'm not sure this is what you captured but something to consider.
My Signature
Posted Image

"Ghosts are not conscious entities, but emotional energy recorded in matter"

Sir Oliver Lodge

#15 EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 04:19 PM

View Postkevinscan, on 16 May 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

I have seen a pulsating orb once before, it turned out to be a flat flake of dust that was spinning around catching the light on the the flat sides from the IR light,

Thanks for sharing that alternative explanation. I would never have thought of that but it makes absolute sense. There isn't any reflection if it's facing on it's edge towards the IR light but once it rotates the convex shape of the lens and the distance from the glass will give the impression of a round object. That's really a smart spin Kevin.
My Signature
Posted Image

#16 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,246 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 04:22 PM

View PostEVP, on 16 May 2019 - 09:13 AM, said:

I know this is hindsight but I strongly believe if you would have had a Tri-Field Natural, the meter would have gone nuts in either the magnetic or DC field setting.

We did have a cell sensor, after the 'spark' went by (I hate the word 'orb'), she held it towards the apparition and it briefly went nuts.

View Postkevinscan, on 16 May 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

Definitely a possibility, what you describe can and does happen. This one was of more interest because it immediately preceded the manifestation, which took place in the area the spark was headed. If nothing else happened I'd probably just think it was interesting and leave it at that.

Additionally, when i have witnessed what appeared to be supernatural activity, in many instances quick sparks are seen, like a precursor. Not sure if you're familiar with the Gettysburg video that's been posted here multiple times in the past, where a couple were filming at night in a battlefield (one of my favorite all time videos of ghosts). There were trees, and you'd see quick sparks, then a line of ghostly soldiers appearing to walk up into the trees. Went on for a few minutes, very impressive!
My Signature
Posted Image

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com