14 replies to this topic

#1 Ladydi

Ladydi

EVP

• GS Member
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:31 PM

Hi,
I don't know if anyone is familiar with spirit fog or what your opinions are on the subject, but I have tons of fun photos of fog. This is an area on the Schuylkill River that is extremely haunted. It's one of my client's home. I was given permission to show the photos as long as I do not show his house. He gets something showing with every picture he takes. The river acts as a passageway for spirits to travel between dimensions. The client experiences much phenomena in his home. Yes I know water creates fog lol.

This fog you cannot see with your eye. It only shows on camera. It follows us as we walk. I have many photographs showing some pretty odd stuff in it. I am able to ask the fog to appear to me to take photos and it does. When he first started showing me pictures of the fog I guessed it was regular fog from the river, but as he continued to show me more photos, hundreds of photo, I started realizing it was something more.

I would love to hear your opinion and analysis. Don't worry about upsetting me If you don't think it's spirits. I like to be skeptical with photos also and do not get upset if anyone thinks it is not paranormal. I'm just here to chat about interesting photos for fun.  Ignore the website watermark I don't have that site anymore. I didn't take this photo myself, my client took it and I believe it was not phony because he has so much supernatural stuff going on he doesn't have to fake anything and didn't share it with anyone else either.
I'm excited to finally share some of my photos I've kept for years.

What do you think?

Attached Files

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 12:34 AM

Too bad the image is cut off with the privacy notice but do you have any images maybe without the house and the watermark?

Yes, I have heard of the fog phenomenon but we live in an area not prone to a lot of fog. Interesting you say it occurs only for the camera. Could you tell us a little more about what other things that happened to your client? And I for one would be interested in looking at any other images you wish to share here.

It does look like a person's shape
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:14 AM

View PostLadydi, on 14 May 2019 - 10:31 PM, said:

Create an account at the following url:

http://tinypic.com/

Upload your images and copy and paste from the section titled "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards"

This is a very reliable image host that I highly recommend. Photobucket use to be a great source but they have their hand out for money now.

Edited by EVP, 15 May 2019 - 03:15 AM.

#4 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:55 AM

Just a little photography 101 here. Normal cameras do not see more than the human eye typically. Our eyes see close to 20 stops of light. Film negatives see 13 whereas higher end digital stills see 12-14 stops. it's referred to as contrast ratio or dynamic range. The exception would be long exposure where very dim light is magnified because the duration of exposure is increased. Unfortunately long exposure with spirit photography has a huge shortcoming. If the shutter is left open for long periods and something was to walk into the the frame, there is a very good chance it will not show in the image. The subject would have to stand for a long period of time in one spot to be exposed in the image.

I do have experience shooting long exposures during daylight and night time hours. I've frozen the movement of water before using a 10 stop neutral density filter prolonging a normal shutter speed to last minutes during daylight hours.

Here's an example of an 80 second exposure using a 10 stop ND filter with a graduated 3 stop ND filter to balance the intensity of the sky.

https://www.flickr.c...ll/17066142711/

This was shot with a fairly active Atlantic Ocean tidal retreat off the coast of CT.

It's more accurrate to say the eye cannot see the environmental fog without the aid of additional light which in the cameras case by using flash.

If you have proof otherwise that normal cameras see more than the human eye, you will have to provide proof using a scientific study with peer review. You are defying the laws of how cameras work. Full spectrum cameras have failed to produce results that differ from normal cameras in spiritography. There are no examples to date.

Edited by EVP, 15 May 2019 - 07:30 AM.

#5 Ladydi

Ladydi

EVP

• GS Member
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:42 AM

To me the fog looks like a woman holding a baby

Yes I have tons of photos of this fog. Many my client took. Some I took myself. I am a psychic, not something I normally announce, and I can usually see spirit. If I cannot see it, like in the case of this fog, I can feel it. I have this photo of myself standing on my client's deck and I felt a spirit near me. In the first photo I am placing my hand on the deck where I feel the spirit. You can see the ball of fog above my hand. Then I try to talk to it and touch it and you can see in the next photo it shoots down below my hand when I try to reach out to it. I hate to say that's me in the photo as I take horrible pics of myself. lol.

I should have asked this before I posted my first photo. Is anyone known to copy and take photos from this website? I hope not because these are confidential photos I've had for years without sharing anywhere before.  I do not wish to post them on any other sites where they may be copied. I should really not be posting them here. My clients gave me permission to share some of them only with other investigators and not for the general public.

I think these should be original photos.

hmm it says file too big to upload?  Can you not upload original photos?  *since it will not let me upload my entire photo I have temporarily placed it on my website for anyone to look at who wishes to.  You can see it here https://www.askladyd...iritphotos.html

Edited by Ladydi, 15 May 2019 - 12:13 PM.

#6 Ladydi

Ladydi

EVP

• GS Member
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:00 AM

EVP

Yes as I said, I was an amateur photographer and I still remember some things about it. I loved playing with long term exposures especially catching lightning and freezing waterfall with no filters. No one knows what spectrum spirits show in. If normal cameras could not see more then the human eye then there would be no photographs of spirits, period!  Do you realize most spirits that are caught on camera were not seen by people and only showed on film? That is the majority of spirit photographs.

"If you have proof otherwise that normal cameras see more than the human eye, you will have to provide proof using a scientific study with peer review."
There is no scientific proof of spirits and never will be. From my understanding the entire basis of people ghost hunting using photography is to see spirits on camera that they cannot see with their eye. If you do not believe spirits that are not seen by the human eye can be captured on camera then I am confused as to why are you on forum looking at spirit photos?

Edited by Ladydi, 15 May 2019 - 09:00 AM.

#7 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:02 AM

If you do not believe spirits that are not seen by the human eye can be captured on camera then I am confused as to why are you on forum looking at spirit photos?

You really need to provide some proof more than belief.

I prefer to provide facts and present the limitations of equipment. It's far more empirical and substantial than suppositions based on feelings which are best unreliable. I originally came here with a background in audio capturing. Check my background in my profile. I have deep roots in audio recording and have worked for the second largest EVP site on the internet. I've communicated with Sarah Estep one-on-one and my mentor was taught by her personally. She was the last pioneer in EVP research and brought that type of investigation to the US originally from Europe. I'm grateful with my training and those who chose to mentor me.

I'm not suggesting there aren't things out there unexplained but I'm really unsure whether anomalies as we know can be captured visually. I don't label the unknown as ghosts, spirits, aliens or inter dimensional beings. It's unfair and myopic.

I prefer not to perpetuate myths without some level of futther investigation supplement by a knowledge base of information. This field seems to be frequently based on feelings and beliefs without further investigation. At one time the world was thought to be flat. I'm sure you don't believe it is but at one time it was accepted as fact.

I am open and not closed minded. My own house provided proof that audio transmissions can't always be explained as short-wave, UHF, VHF cell tower transmissions, radio waves etc. I was addressed by my first and last name in an empty house loud enough to awake and was captured. The flat vocal banding at 100 Hz isn't normal for a normal human voice.

Where I become a little forward is when people make assertions with ground fog as being anything other than ground fog. Do you understand the principles of warm and cold masses creating ground fog naturally by different temperature of water and land masses. I also become forward when people do not use precautions in the preparation of photographs. They will hand hold cameras without the use of remote shutter and unknowingly breathe in front of the lens creating an undeniable mist. They claim it as spiritual. How can this field hold any level of credibility if controls, measurement, understanding of equipment limitations are not used. This is another reason why I turned to indoor investigation. You have more control over environmental conditions. Believing in something doesn't make it true or factual.

I consider myself more open than what one might suggest. Once we label something as ghost, or spirits without adequate investigation of natural causes that maybe responsible we're closed minded. There are thngs out there unexplained, we just need to do more than believe. We need to explore.

PS- Look at my latest post containing video. I quite openly admitted, "I don't know what it is."

Edited by EVP, 15 May 2019 - 10:25 AM.

#8 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,152 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:34 AM

No offense, but it's moisture in the air. Not sure what the privacy thing is all about, but notice how the 'fog' comes from the side of the camera, and is right there in front of the lens, not the background? The photographer was exhaling and that's the moisture from their breath. It can show up on camera and not necessarily be seen by the naked eye. I've taken tons of photos and experimented with this and gotten the same effect.

BTW I tried looking at the photo source by typing in the URL on the photo but it leads to a chinese website about termites! ;)

Edited by Vlawde, 15 May 2019 - 10:44 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Ladydi

Ladydi

EVP

• GS Member
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:31 AM

EVP I'm just confused if you believe spirits that are not seen by the eye can not be shown on camera then why are you investigating photographs? Most photographs of spirit are not seen by the person. So if you do not believe in it, why even look at them? It makes no sense. You will never see a photograph that you believe is spirit.
I prefer to not recite professional qualifications. I am/was considered one of the best in my field I wondered why other demonologists do not come on any of these ghosts sites or forums and was told because most on these sites wouldn't know a ghost if it was standing in front of them and to not waste my time because are inexperienced skeptic You sound like someone who has had no experiences with spirts and probably does not even believe in them So I will show my other photos to those who are interested.

Vlawde Thank you for your opinion That site is an old site of mine where I sent people to learn about demons, demonology, spirits, and psychic development and to get help. I've shut it down because I am no longer helping the general public and only do consultations for qualified professionals now. The privacy thing is a block so my clients home does not show up on the internet.

No one has answered my question as to whether you know of anyone who copies these photos to place elsewhere? I really do not wish these to be copied.

Edited by Ladydi, 15 May 2019 - 11:32 AM.

#10 Ladydi

Ladydi

EVP

• GS Member
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:22 PM

I've put a couple fog photos up on my website if anyone is interested in seeing them.
https://www.askladyd...iritphotos.html

#11 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:31 PM

We're all looking for the holy grail but it's not going to come from belief, it's going to come from hard work with an understanding of working principles. administering controls and measurements. I listed my background which clearly illustrates, I'm passionate about this field and continue to educate myself.

Check out Barry Taff's website where a professional photographer made a picture with 28 witnesses to support the claim. This image isn't absolute proof but skilled professionals made great effort to conduct legitimate research. Taff was the last acknowledged parapsychologist with a real doctrine degree coming from UCLA.

http://barrytaff.net...-entity-case-2/

Far too many people in this field making claims without any formal education or understanding how equipment operates. That practice just continues to perpetuate professionals to snub this as nothing more than a  pseudoscience.

No one has answered my question as to whether you know of anyone who copies these photos to place elsewhere? I really do not wish these to be copied.

I can partially answer that question as a working photographer. if you want images to remain uncopied, don't post them on the net. There's a plugin you can use in several browsers that can help you with copyright image infringement. It's called Tineye. There are more effective ways but it will require plenty of money. Unfortunately image copyright infringment can be very expensive with lawyers costs with limited results.

Edited by EVP, 15 May 2019 - 01:36 PM.

#12 Ladydi

Ladydi

EVP

• GS Member
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:14 PM

EVP We just come from two different schools of thought. You are looking for unequivocal hard photographic evidence. I believe that is impossible to ever find. There is always going to be excuses and reasons that can debunk photographs. At least that's my opinion, but I am not a paranormal investigator nor a paranormal photographer. I actually believe most 'evidence' people catch on camera, video, and evp is not paranormal. I believe this is so common that, when confronted with real evidence, most of those same people are not going to believe it. I also believe many of the paranormal investigators who are only concentrating on hard evidence are so closed off that they will never experience a true paranormal experience. It does happens. You can have a house that is actively haunted and one closed off investigator enters it and says its a fake because he didn't experience anything when in fact he didn't experience anything because his energy was too low and prevented the spirits from being able to do anything. I've seen it myself.

I spent a night a few nights ago just searching the internet for paranormal evidence. That's how I found this forum. I cannot say that I saw one photo that I believed contained true spirit. I used to be a member of a famous demonologist private site where we shared evidence from our cases to support and help each other, but since I no longer do that and have disappeared from everyone I do not wish to go back there and was hoping to find somewhere with similar experience but have not. Maybe all true paranormal experts keep private forums and that is why I have found no others.

I was just hoping to have right click blocked on the site but even that is not fool proof. there are plenty of ways to get around that. I just have to make sure I don't show clients or their homes. Thank you for answering my question.

#13 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:05 PM

View PostLadydi, on 15 May 2019 - 07:14 PM, said:

I was just hoping to have right click blocked on the site but even that is not fool proof. there are plenty of ways to get around that. I just have to make sure I don't show clients or their homes. Thank you for answering my question.

I've had plenty of unexplained events along my journey. I've heard aural voice phenomena and recorded it several times. I've seen a black mass materialize in a doorway with my friend on the other side witnessing the same phenomena. Collectively 3 of us heard something walking on two legs and remained invisible breaking branches directly in front of us yet if failed to be recorded on 9 audio recorders and one super night shot. We were a mile away from any housing or road. I've even had a Sasquatch encounter with a friend in Algonquin Park in Northern Ontario Canada. I have no way to prove it but a seasoned guide and myself had a huge scare from it. I'm certainly not closed minded but I don't associate anything as paranormal until I've exhausted as many natural explanations as possible. That's just part of my method using critical thinking.

I am empirically inclined but I've brought in several mediums cold into locations. I'm not above exploring alternative means of investigation. On a couple of occasions they have pulled details that were impossible to know in advance. A necessary part of a paranormal team is a dedicated historian. It's surprising how mediums and historians can work in tandem. But on the same token, I've dismissed some claimed "sensitives" because they didn't offer what our team really needed and their readings were off.

If you're concerned about client confidentiality, I'd highly recommend constructing a disclosure form outlining different layers of reveal for them to choose to sign and date. Both of you need a copy of it.  Pick your images selectively if you choose to post them on the internet and blur out address numbers with a image editor. Client protection is paramount. We both share that same attitude.

By the way, right click blocks are completely useless. Anyone can easily screenshot anything that's visible from a simple keystroke. I often use photo editing software and one of the freeware tools I use regularly is called "lightshot". By hitting the printscreen key or an assigned key of your choice you can select areas visible on the screen effortless. As mentioned if your concerned about image theft, the only way around it is not to post it on the net.

I certainly don't have all the answers in this field but I've made enough mistakes to learn from them. Sometimes I'm a little prickly. I'm sure you and I will learn to coexist despite our different approaches.

Edited by EVP, 15 May 2019 - 10:37 PM.

#14 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 06:23 AM

As EVP said, it is easy to copy an image from any website. We have even a clause in our Board Rules to hopefully cover copyright material so there is no confusion among our members about our position.

Ownership and Copyright

All original posts, text and pictures posted by members remain the property of the members. However, Paranormal Soup reserves the shared copyright of text and pictures posted by members of the boards. By posting, members agree, not to edit/delete their text causing an entire thread to become unreadable! By posting pictures, the members grant Paranormal Soup the right to use, reproduce, and display said pictures with its affiliated websites.
http://www.ghoststudy.com
https://www.facebook.com/StaffGStudy/
https://twitter.com/Paranormal_Soup

Members are often passionate about their beliefs or expertise and express themselves accordingly.  It is good to have constructive conversations on the boards, we just ask members to be cordial to each other.

We enjoy meeting new members, seeing their images and hearing their experiences.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#15 Ladydi

Ladydi

EVP

• GS Member
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 02:49 PM

Thanks Klainey  I don't know why I am suddenly interested in chatting paranormal after so many years out of the business.