© Fisana

Car Shopping With My Youngest

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 17 June 2019 - 04:35 AM

My youngest child (Daughter, Noelle) has a 2 year old daughter.  We Bought Noelle a car when she was in high school.  That car is a 2005 Toyota camry and now has 280,000 miles on it.  2 weeks ago, we had to get the water pump and a motor mount replaced.  Even though the car drives fine, A/C works...it would be likely that more significant repairs are on the horizon.  So, we kept money that her grandfather gave her for graduation so she would not blow it and decided to add to it and help her get a "newer" car.

She and I went a week ago and checked out some Hyundai sonota's.  Found one close to the price range.  The salesman / dealer tried all they could to play their games and muddy up the numbers.  In the end, we walked out.  They wanted too much for what the car was and were unwilling to bend for trade in & car price.  This past week, my wife and I discussed giving Noelle a little more of our own money to see if we could get her something above what we thought initially.

Noelle really had hoped for a small SUV like a toyota rav4.  Toyota's were too much for the age ~2015 we were hoping to get.  I searched for Hyundai Tucson's.  I found one 50 miles from where we live that was a really good price and looked really clean. It had a good, clean carfax too.  I looked up other Tucson's to see where we might go if we couldn't get a deal on the first one.  The next 4 Tuscon's I found, were all starting at $1200+ more and every one of them had been a rental vehicle for a year or more.  I will NEVER buy a used rental car.  There is a joke about rental cares...see below.    Noelle ended up with a 2015 Tuscon with 75K miles.

She really needed the car as she will be driving to Missouri to meet up with us for our big summer vacation this year and needed something much more reliable to drive 650 miles

What is the difference between a 4 wheel drive vehicle and a rental car???  There are some places you just dont take a 4 wheel drive vehicle!  :-)
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,156 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 17 June 2019 - 05:08 AM

I'm glad she has a more reliable car now. 650 miles is a long way to drive in an iffy car.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop