7 replies to this topic

#1 sherinator

sherinator

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 05:40 AM

Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted here in a while and have only just started visiting the site again due to some personal issues, so I thought I'd share with you a dream I had around 6 months ago. It's stayed with me ever since.

It started with me in a lift, which is what we call an elevator in the UK. The lift was old and rusty, the type that has the sliding gate for a door, was illuminated very poorly by a single light above me and there were some buttons to the right of the lift door, which weren't numbered. I knew I didn't want to be in there. The lift stopped and the gate slid open. Outside of the lift, there was an old, rusty iron bridge heading out in to pure darkness, parts of the bridge were also poorly lit by lights with no visible source. The bridge was no more than two people wide. I didn't want to step out of the lift, but suddenly I was aware of someone in the lift behind me. I turned my head to my left, almost looking over my shoulder. I didn't look directly at what was there, but they were very tall, wearing black, very pale to the point of being white as snow, and completely bald. I didn't see the facial features and I didn't want to. The feeling I got from them was one of pure hatred and evil and I could hear them breathing. I wanted to get away from who or whatever this person was, so I stepped out of the lift on to the bridge. There was nothing to see, just pure blackness with the bridge seeming to go on forever. I started to walk a little faster as the thing in the lift had started to walk behind me. I walked faster and faster, but couldn't get away from it, it kept up with me. Then, in front of me in the distance, more of these things appeared on the bridge, coming towards me in the darkness. They were the same, pale, bald, dressed in black, and full of hatred. They wanted me for something, perhaps to take me somewhere, I don't know, but whatever it was, I didn't want to go. I turned, didn't look directly at the figure behind me and I ran back towards the lift and the things started to chase me. I got back to the lift and slid the gate shut, locking them out. I quickly pressed the buttons, hoping they would take me anywhere else, and the lift started to move upwards. It felt like it was moving upwards forever and I was terrified. The instant the lift stopped I woke up in my bed next to my wife and I was still terrified.

I told my wife about it and she agrees that it sounds terrifying. Personally, I think I saw the journey to hell. What does everyone else think?

#2 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 28 July 2019 - 08:32 AM

I won't volunteer the "dream interpretation" as I feel I lack in this department but the experience seems to be similar to those who experience either a hypnopompic or hypnagogic event. They are often paranormal in nature and lucid found on the verge of entering or exiting the sleep pattern where the REM state is prominent.

I'm unwilling to give the interpretation for another reason as I feel it requires a certain level of inward knowing of a person that only comes from personal contact. I've had my fair of these type of events before but none of them "to date" have become to frutition as a premonition in diguise. Your mileage may be different..

These lucid dreams I find always enthralling. They seem to be as real as life with detail. Most of my dreams are lacking visual detail on the verge of an old black and white movie. These dreams are signficantly different and can easily ramp up our emotional levels once we exit out of the sleep pattern.

Thank you for sharing. I've always found these shared experiences fascinating.

Edited by EVP, 28 July 2019 - 08:35 AM.

Posted Image

#3 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,970 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 28 July 2019 - 02:35 PM

I wish I knew what your dream means so that I could help you. But I have had a recurring lucid "Nightmare" since childhood and have yet to figure it out either. So, I know how terrifying that type of dream can be.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 28 July 2019 - 02:43 PM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#4 LeticiaAlb

LeticiaAlb

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 02:07 AM

Very frightening and I think you might be right. whatever your hell is I think you visited it in your dreams. Although i think you could call that a nightmare.

#5 WhispersInTheAttic

WhispersInTheAttic

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 01:22 PM

Keep a journal by your bed and start to journal your dreams. I've been having a lot of vivid dreams myself, and a lot of them scare me like yours did.

Thanks for sharing your dream with us. It sounds like it was an scary experience. Have you have anymore nightmares/dreams like this?

Posted Image

#6 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 02 August 2019 - 05:09 AM

I wish I understood more about dreams and how they truly manifest.  My dreams are usually so boring or lame and without color.  My real question is why are 99% of my dreams black and white and why is the 1% in color?
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#7 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 03:49 AM

Lou, maybe you have something similar to what I have. I have a condition called aphantasia, I can't see anything in my minds eye. If I close my eyes and try to imagine an object it is always black. I have friends and family members who don't even need to close their eyes to be able to see a detailed colour image. I  didn't really know  people saw pictures in their minds until I was in my late teens. I am lucky at least I can dream  :) I have heard some people don't even have that ability with my condition!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#8 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 06 August 2019 - 05:11 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 03 August 2019 - 03:49 AM, said:

Lou, maybe you have something similar to what I have. I have a condition called aphantasia, I can't see anything in my minds eye. If I close my eyes and try to imagine an object it is always black. I have friends and family members who don't even need to close their eyes to be able to see a detailed colour image. I  didn't really know  people saw pictures in their minds until I was in my late teens. I am lucky at least I can dream  :) I have heard some people don't even have that ability with my condition!

Thank you for bringing the minds eye pictures.  Once in a great while, I will have one night when I lay down to go to sleep that I cannot stop seeing pictures in my minds eye.  It is like an onslaught of images.  To be honest...I dont really care for it as it does affect my ability to fall asleep quickly.  Thankfully, these occurrences are far and few between.

I did dream in color last night or at least one aspect of the short dream was in color.  It was a 1955 1 dollar bill that I found in my dream.  I know it was in color because the money was green as I compared the dollar to others.  That is all I remember of it.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dreams, scary, nightmare, hell, demons