#1 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 09:33 PM

Posted Image

The Grave in the Parking Lot

Mary Ellis was buried in 1828 in the Ellis family plot on a wooded hillside overlooking the Raritan River in New Brunswick, New Jersey. The story of her life was a sad one. Apparently, she had fallen in love with a sea captain who had promised to come back and marry her. Alas, the captain never returned. Mary never let go of the memory of her lost love. Upon her death, she was buried at the spot where she waited faithfully for her lover to return.

Nearly 200 years later, she’s still there, though now the surrounding land has been turned into a parking lot for a series of retail outlets: most recently, an AMC Theater and a Famous Dave’s Restaurant. Ever since the area was re-graded for parking, the grave, undisturbed and surrounded by a chain-link fence, has stood atop a seven-foot-high pedestal of earth in the middle of the lot.
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#2 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:27 PM

wow thats so weird, no other graves around there?!
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#3 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:33 PM

From the one head stone it looks like there are 3 other names, so maybe it was a family grave plot of 3.
My Signature
Posted Image

#4 EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 10 August 2019 - 07:32 PM

Family plots out in CT. aren't that much of rarity. I know several of them in the state.
My Signature
Posted Image

#5 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 09:04 PM

I am not sure but I have never seen any in au, other than in a graveyard!
My Signature
Posted Image

#6 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 09:26 PM

Posted Image
Source
This poor woman was removed and then replace once the road was widened and the grave lowered :fright:
My Signature
Posted Image

#7 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 11 August 2019 - 01:39 PM

They found Richard III,s grave in a parking lot.

Posted Image

Smithsonian Magazine
NPR

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 11 August 2019 - 01:40 PM.

My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#8 LeticiaAlb

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:22 AM

oh that wouldn't be very restful to be buried in those places :goodnight:

#9 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 03:35 AM

I love castles...or in this case a tower.

THE CURSE OF ALLOA TOWER

According to the legend the ‘Curse of Alloa Tower was set upon John Erskine, Earl of Mar by the wrathful Abbot of Cambuskenneth. According to the legend, the Earl apparently helped himself to stones from the ruins of Cambuskenneth Abbey near Stirling so as to build his new renaissance mansion, Mar’s Wark. The abbot was said to have laid eight curses on the Erskine family of which four, possibly five, came true. However, there’s quite some debate about whether the story of the curse was made up after the misfortunes experienced by the Erskine family.

It’s worth noting that the was at one time a grand mansion attached to the tower but this was burnt to the ground 28th August of 1801  and completed one of the eight curses.However, if you visit on 28th August, it is claimed you may smell ethereal smoke on the anniversary of the fire. Some report the feeling of being followed and cold spots in the tower.

HAUNTINGS

Alloa Tower is said to be quite haunted and there have been reports of strange noises, orbs and even the ghosts of children. Paranormal investigators have studied the tower house on many occasions and while all agree that there is a spooky vibration to the place – they seem unable to decide what’s causing it. Among the ghosts apparently seen by people is a monk in black robes, a prisoner in the dungeon and a ghostly serving girl.
My Signature
Posted Image

#10 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:58 PM

Here's more about the curse.

Mar's Wark and the Curse of Alloa Tower

Built on the orders of John Erskine, 17th Earl of Mar, Mar’s Wark was meant to be the most majestic mansion in the land. He swore that while re reigned as Regent to young James the Sixth, son an heir to the deposed Mary, Queen of Scots, he’d build himself’ a palace to rival the beauty and majesty of the royal Castle of Stirling.
But, rascal that he was, he would not spend one penny of his own great fortune in the creation of his fine new home. Tradition has it that he sent soldiers and stonemasons to Cambuskenneth Abbey to strip the bricks from that holy place – stolen away to form the foundations of his fine new home.

Abbot Patrick – said by his many to be a heretic, and, worse, a necromancer - a black magician in consort with dark and dismal powers – took exception to this. Vengeful and homeless, he appeared at the door of the uppity Earl on the very day he was to take up office as Regent, and placed a Curse – The Curse of Alloa Tower, as it became known – on Mar and all his kin:

‘Proud Chief of Mar, thou shalt be raised still higher, until thou sittest in the place of the King. Thou shalt rule and destroy, and thy Wark shall be after thy name, but thy Wark shall be the emblem of thy house, and shall teach mankind that he who cruelly and haughtily raiseth himself upon the ruins of the Holy cannot prosper. Thy Wark shall be cursed and shall never be finished. ..Thou, proud head and daggered hand, must dree thy weird, until horses be stabled in thy hall, and a weaver shall throw his shuttle in thy chamber of state…’

Local tradition has it that every part of the Curse came true. Mar’s fine new home was never finished. The Erskines did lose their lands and titles, after backing the wrong horse in the Jacobite rising of 1715 At the nearby Battle of Sheriffmuir the allegiances of another John Erskine – the 22nd Earl - seemed to slip and slide, like the bobbing of the shuttle on a weaver’s loom, forever tainting the family name.

Most sinister of all was the promise that one of Mar’s line would sit ‘in the place of the King’ – and rumours spread that the ambitious aristocrat had murdered young King James, replacing him with a bairn borne of his own noble line...driving his Countess to madness, in the process.

Slanderous tales? Foolish gossip...or dark magic? Who can say? It is rumoured that for centuries - in punishment for the avarice of their awful ancestor- the spirit of each Lord and Lady born to the House of Mar is bound within the cold bricks and mortar of this cursed place…

Source: Haunted History
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#11 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:06 AM

Well this is a mystery :fright:

An unexplained incident happened in the forests of Olympic National Park on the shores of Washington state, and park service officials and scientists have been left baffled by a lack of definitive explanations. In the early morning hours of January 27th 2018, an extremely powerful force of some kind knocked down over one hundred trees along the north shore of Lake Quinault on Washington’s Olympic Peninsula. While high winds or some other meteorological phenomenon were immediately assumed to be the cause, weather data show that nothing out of the meteorological ordinary occurred. So then what exactly happened in the woods of Washington that night?

If you want to read more click on the image below

Posted Image
My Signature
Posted Image

#12 EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 04:18 PM

I have seen woods being cut by tornadoes before that looks very similar to this. They almost look like a saw cut on examination.
My Signature
Posted Image

#13 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 09:05 PM

View PostEVP, on 21 August 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

I have seen woods being cut by tornadoes before that looks very similar to this. They almost look like a saw cut on examination.

The park officials cut the trees because they fell across the road.
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#14 EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 09:52 PM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 21 August 2019 - 09:05 PM, said:

The park officials cut the trees because they fell across the road.

Thanks Mac, I guess the title needs to be changed to "Explained" instead of "Unexplained". Another fine example of yellow journalism. In this day and age reporters do not need accurcacy, they need clickbait to keep a job.

Edited by EVP, 21 August 2019 - 09:55 PM.

My Signature
Posted Image

#15 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 03:37 AM

Posted Image But has it been solved? My understanding is it is still could be a mystery. Cliff Mass said "He can't be certain but the most likely cause was a rotor circulation associated with a strong mountain lee wave." and that was after ruling other scientific causes out.
My Signature
Posted Image

#16 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 04:50 AM

The case of the JIM TWINS. Jim Lewis and Jim Springer.

Separated at birth and reunited at the age of 39, the twins found that they had lived nearly identical lives!

So, as to nature versus nurture debate, what do you make of this one?

Twin boys were put up for adoption in 1940, their adoptive parents named each boy James and both boys used the nickname Jim. The two would grow up a short distance from each other but never meet, but they would go on to live spookily similar lives.

Both adoptive parents knew that the child they adopted had a twin. However, Springer’s mother was under the impression that the twin had died, while Lewis’ mother knew a bit more. She had overheard someone mention that the “other baby” had also been named James. It would be this passing message that would ultimately drive Jim Lewis to look for his twin.

But for now, the baby boys paths would diverge. However, they unknowingly forged lives as identical as their DNA.

Both boys had beloved dogs named Toy, and as schoolchildren, both had a passion for math and woodworking but were terrible at spelling. If their childhoods were uncannily similar, then their early adulthoods were truly remarkable.

Both Jims married women named Linda, who they later divorced only to re-marry women named Betty. Both Jim Lewis and Jim Springer had a son, and –I’m sure you saw this coming—BOTH men gave their son's the same name, James Alan (or James Allan in Springer’s case).

Both Jims suffered from tension headaches, were prone to nail-biting, and even discovered that they were both heavy smokers and smoked the same brand of cigarettes, they drove the same cars (a Chevrolet) and had similar jobs in security (Jim Lewis was a security guard, while Jim Springer had been a deputy sheriff). They even took their vacations at the same Florida beach. Neither man knew any of these impossible facts about the other, until Lewis, aged 37, decided to try and get into contact with his twin. In 1977, he succeeded in finding contact details through an Ohio courthouse; the pair spoke on the phone and eventually agreed to meet.

On February 9, 1979, the Jim Twins were finally reunited. When their fascinating case came to light, scientists saw how very valuable they could be to the study of reunited twins. They took part in a study conducted by Dr. Thomas Bouchard of the University of Minnesota, who found that their medical histories and brain-wave tests were almost identical. So too were their results in a personality test.

The case of the brothers (and others like them) went on to influence theories of "Nature versus Nurture", and the effects of hereditary over environmental factors.

Some have even considered the Jim Twins’ case as possible proof of telepathic connections between twins. Jim Springer did state that he “always felt an emptiness,” after all. Was it his brother he was subconsciously feeling?

Though there’s no doubt that the Jim twins are alike in multiple ways, one brother has since diverged from the shared lifestyle. Jim Lewis recently divorced his Betty and remarried for the 3rd time a woman named Sandy, with his newfound twin brother as his best man.

No word yet on whether Jim Springer knows anyone named Sandy. :rofl:
My Signature
Posted Image

#17 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 05:03 AM

Interesting to see and hear them :rofl: Look how they are sitting

My Signature
Posted Image

#18 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 10:48 AM

EVP, on 21 August 2019 - 09:52 PM, said:

Thanks Mac, I guess the title needs to be changed to "Explained" instead of "Unexplained". Another fine example of yellow journalism. In this day and age reporters do not need accurcacy, they need clickbait to keep a job.

When you said they looked cut, I meant that when they fell across the road, the officials had park maintenance cut them so cars could have access.

KlaineyGStudy, on 22 August 2019 - 03:37 AM, said:

Posted Image But has it been solved? My understanding is it is still could be a mystery. Cliff Mass said "He can't be certain but the most likely cause was a rotor circulation associated with a strong mountain lee wave." and that was after ruling other scientific causes out.

I didn't make my sentence clear, sorry - my bad.  :ashamed:
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#19 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:51 PM

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 24 August 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

KlaineyGStudy, on 22 August 2019 - 03:37 AM, said:

I didn't make my sentence clear, sorry - my bad.  :ashamed:

Not at all MacC! I understood your sentence and directed my comment more to EVP :heart: .

It was more than likely from a natural cause but if the experts are guessing; I find that intriguing!

I am happy with everyones opinions expressed here but for me it remains a mystery and I am happy no one was hurt from so many falling trees :hug:
My Signature
Posted Image

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com