4 replies to this topic

#1 dash

dash

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 05:30 AM

If death is in the cards, it may also be in your blood.

Measurements of 14 metabolic substances in blood were pretty good at predicting whether people were likely to die in the next five to 10 years. The data was published this week in Nature

A team of researchers led by data scientists in the Netherlands came up with the fateful 14 based on data from 44,168 people, aged 18 to 109. The data included death records and measurements of 226 different substances in blood. Of the 44,168 people, 5,512 died during follow-up periods of nearly 17 years.

The researchers then put their death panel to the test. They used the 14 blood measurements to try to predict deaths in a cohort of 7,603 Finnish people who were surveyed in 1997. Of those Finns, 1,213 died during follow-up. Together, the 14 blood measurements were about 83% accurate at predicting the deaths that occurred within both five years and 10 years. The accuracy dropped to about 72% when predicting deaths for people over 60 years old, though.
I don't think I would want to know, how about you?

Edited by dash, 22 August 2019 - 05:31 AM.

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:38 PM

Definitely; Not!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 GothickangelCa

GothickangelCa

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Artist, Blogger, Goth.
    Shamanism, Paranormal, Occult (Research Only), Astral Projection, Travel and Camping.

Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:21 PM

It doesn't count for random acts of death. Like act of nature or someone else harming or murder, etc. I'd rather not know myself either.

Light and Shadow. A place where the line is blurred between both worlds.

Nothing is as it seems. Shadow doesn't always mean evil and light doesn't always mean divine.

Posted Image

#4 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,025 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 24 August 2019 - 11:26 AM

Same here, I don.t want to know.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#5 KolIkA

KolIkA

Apport

• GS Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:10 AM

:bad: why would they want to do that for

just like that gorilla they made it aware of death and one day it would die. then it was depressed once it understood. that is evil! :mad: