The Pyramids True Purpose - Magical Initiations

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JohnHermes

JohnHermes

Apport

• GS Member
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:tarot, dreaming practices, shamanism, magick etc.

Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:39 AM

In school, we were taught that the pyramids are big funerals for royalty.  I remembered reading the thread about the stonehenge and got me remembering a quote from 33rd Degree Freemason, Manly P. Hall.  He talks about the pyramids purpose of the ancient mystery schools. spooky

"In the King's Chamber was enacted the drama of the "second death." Here the candidate, after being crucified upon the cross of the solstices and the equinoxes, was buried in the great coffer. There is a profound mystery to the atmosphere and temperature of the King's Chamber: it is of a peculiar deathlike cold which cuts to the marrow of the bone.

This room was a doorway between the material world and the transcendental spheres of Nature. While his body lay in the coffer, the soul of the neophyte soared as a human-headed hawk through the celestial realms, there to discover first hand the eternity of Life, Light, and Truth, as well as the illusion of Death, Darkness, and Sin.

Thus in one sense the Great Pyramid may be likened to a gate through which the ancient priests permitted a few to pass toward the attainment of individual completion. It is also to be noted incidentally that if the coffer in the King's Chamber be struck, the sound emitted has no counterpart in any known musical scale. This tonal value may have formed part of that combination of circumstances which rendered the King's Chamber an ideal setting for the conferment of the highest degree of the Mysteries" -
The Secret Teaching Of All Ages

I just came across this site that goes into further explanation of it.  This image is pretty cool.  Basically it's the astral body leaving the physical body. This isn't From Manly P Hall, this someone else's work.  Here's the link http://www.oneism.or...tsofthesoul.php  What do you think was it just a burial tomb or something more?

Posted Image

Edited by JohnHermes, 22 August 2019 - 10:41 AM.

#2 Altersense

Altersense

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:It would be easier for me to list the things I am not interested in.
    100 degree weather
    Cats with attitude
    Romance Novels/Hallmark or Lifetime Channel
    That pretty much sums me up....everything else is on the table(:

Posted 22 August 2019 - 11:55 AM

This is just one of the reasons I home school my daughter. That's exactly what we were taught. Grandiose tombs for pharaohs. And, whats-his-face discovered America. :anim: Okaaaay. I just listened to a podcast a couple of weeks ago about someone in history that it really wasn't known he was interested in the esoteric and he spent some nights in the kings chamber in the "sarcophagus". It was interesting although I'm drawing a blank on who it was...if I come across it, I will link it

#3 Altersense

Altersense

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:It would be easier for me to list the things I am not interested in.
    100 degree weather
    Cats with attitude
    Romance Novels/Hallmark or Lifetime Channel
    That pretty much sums me up....everything else is on the table(:

Posted 22 August 2019 - 12:07 PM

I just remembered who it was. Napoleon Bonaparte. According to Walter Bosley, history did not portray him that accurately. Here is the podcast.

https://www.thehighe...-great-pyramid/

#4 JohnHermes

JohnHermes

Apport

• GS Member
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:tarot, dreaming practices, shamanism, magick etc.

Posted 22 August 2019 - 03:27 PM

Awesome thanks for the podcast!

#5 KolIkA

KolIkA

Apport

• GS Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:12 AM

View PostAltersense, on 22 August 2019 - 12:07 PM, said:

I just remembered who it was. Napoleon Bonaparte. According to Walter Bosley, history did not portray him that accurately. Here is the podcast.

https://www.thehighe...-great-pyramid/

:good:

#6 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:02 PM

"Nothing to see here folks, just tombs, no need to strain your little peasant brains trying to understand that which you could never hope to."

"What's with all these mystic initiation ceremonies about death and rebirth that various fraternal orders have been practicing through the ages? Oh nothing, [insert layman explanations of the symbolism of this and that and other things], it's just a bit of dress up, just a bit of fun, you know - good ol' brotherly bonding. It's all about self improvement. We're just trying to be better people, that's all."

Edited by True North, 10 September 2019 - 06:15 PM.