• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mark9271

mark9271

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 10:41 AM

Would like to start by saying my brother passed away six weeks ago but despite this haven happened, I've had experiences in my house since I moved in 3years ago and that I have no answers for, first I was pinned down onto the bed but sleeping at the time and woke up but was aware of all my surroundings but couldn't talk or shout, then I seen my daughter walk down the hall while I was at the toilet while she was still in her bedroom with door shut, my wife here's me call her name alot but I could be out in town our in another room when this is happening, so I decided to place objects in one room on the floor just to see if they would move and to my surprise yes they did one of them was moved onto the bed and everyone in the house at this time was out in town, then one night I went to make my wife a cuppa and the canisters where stacked on top of each other and placed on the kitchen window sill, and this is the one that gets me more and more, I have my bible sitting on my bedside cabinet and it never moves from that place, and the other day it is sitting on the floor in the porch at the front door, and as I said that is the one that sends shivers down my spine, so I hope someone can shed some light on what to do many thanks for reading my post everyone.. Mark.

#2 lorac61469

lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 07:24 PM

My condolences on the loss of your brother.

I think a couple of events have normal explanations. Sounds like you experienced a case of sleep paralysis. Your wife may have been experiencing an auditory hallucination. I used to hear the telephone ring while using the hairdryer, I would also hear my children crying but they were sound asleep.

Not sure of the rest, have you ever considered setting up a camera or two.
You might catch something.

#3 mark9271

mark9271

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 07:41 PM

The auditory hallucinations as you call it, is it plausible for both us to hear it at the same time as we both have heard things at the same time in the morning afternoon and in the evening, also when I felt like I was pinned down onto the bed we both seen black shadows in the room..as for cameras what type do you buy thanks..

#4 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 06 September 2019 - 02:43 AM

I partially agree with Lorac's conclusions. The first part of your story where you felt you were being pinned down while sleeping sounds like narcolepsy or more commonly known as sleep paralysis. It’s a state of consciousness leading in or out of sleep. Typical symptoms are hearing voices, lucid dreaming, encounters of spiritual beings and an inability to move or escape.

If this happens occasionally it’s nothing to be concerned with but if this frequently occurs one might search out medical assistance. Narcolepsy is more common with young adults and associated with irregular sleeping patterns and higher levels of stress.

As to auditory hallucinations, psychologists suggest that they can be collective. Skeptics love to use this as a generalized statement. The Bither case, investigated by Dr. Barry Taff in the mid 1970’s had 28 people witness similar phenomena simultaneously yet skeptics quickly write it off as nothing more than a collective hallucination.

Collective auditory hallucinations are certainly an interesting topic of discussion. Several years ago, 3 of us investigated an extremely secluded cemetery mid-week one mile away from any significant roads. We sat quietly on our foldable chairs as we recorded with 11 audio devices in both digital and analog and a single Sony handy-cam in super-nightshot mode.

The three of us simultaneously turned to one another in synchronicity as we heard the footsteps including the sounds of small twigs breaking and grass parting underfoot  with the typical increase and decrease in auditory amplitude as it passed by. The cadence clearly indicated the recognition of a bipod being as a person walking past us.

Once our recording devices were meticulously reviewed, no footsteps were heard during the auditory track and the handy-cam never captured anything auditory or visual. The only audible content captured was all of us saying “FOOTSTEPS” in synchronicity.

I would highly encourage if curious, to occasionally record with a video camera and an audio device. This will really be the only way to validate if an auditory event takes place. I would record passively and avoid acknowledging its presence. Acknowledgment can turn a rather benign event into an exponential problem.

I have once recorded in an empty house on a Thursday night almost a decade ago a woman calling out my first and last name. It was right on the cusp of sleep. I was recording and monitoring falling into a lull from the soft sound of white noise from  the real-time recording.

There wasn’t any mistakenness in what was said. It startled me and at first, I thought it was my imagination. My recording confirmed it was not an auditory hallucination.

Skeptics rightfully will point anomalous voices as nothing more than radio waves, UHF, VHF, short wave, ham radio, cell tower transmissions and a plethora of other mundane causes as the root of these “so called voices”. Spinning fans can in fact trap radio waves and act as a mild broadcasting device.

In many cases I agree, but I have a hard time believing that a radio station would call out my first and last name in the middle of the night. That was personal and I remain unconvinced its origins strictly as mundane.

Edited by EVP, 06 September 2019 - 04:36 AM.

Posted Image

#5 KolIkA

KolIkA

Apport

• GS Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 05:05 AM

I think you should stay positive. keep your place light and  If you think something is moving your objects tell it to leave them alone. these are your things and you don't give it permission to touch them!

#6 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,025 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 06 September 2019 - 12:24 PM

View Postmark9271, on 05 September 2019 - 07:41 PM, said:

The auditory hallucinations as you call it, is it plausible for both us to hear it at the same time as we both have heard things at the same time in the morning afternoon and in the evening, also when I felt like I was pinned down onto the bed we both seen black shadows in the room..as for cameras what type do you buy thanks..

My mother and I have heard what sounds like we are calling each other's names, but it wasn't either of us. I've also have been held down in bed when wide awake. I mentioned the experiences in one of my threads. I know it wasn't Sleep Paralysis, because I was able to call out for help; my parents heard me but assumed it was just my sister talking in her sleep as usual.

I'm unable to offer advice about a camcorder, but I've been told an Olympus (VN-4100pc) Digital Voice Recorder is excellent for capturing EVPs. I've bought one, but haven't tried it yet.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#7 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:34 PM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 06 September 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

I've been told an Olympus (VN-4100pc) Digital Voice Recorder is excellent for capturing EVPs. I've bought one, but haven't tried it yet.

That's an older Olympus MAC but it's VERY good. I have one of them and captured some interesting snippets. My only complaint is the lack of real-time monitoring.

To the OP- See if you can find an older Sony Handi-Cam on Ebay with Night Shot. Sony has/had a patent on that feature and few were able to replicate the same quality with a low price point. If possible, stay away from analog tapes. Internal HD's would be preferred for cost effectiveness. Analogue tapes have become a rare commodity.

Edited by EVP, 06 September 2019 - 01:35 PM.

Posted Image