Uk Prison Haunted Lights Flickering Doors Banging

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JohnHermes

JohnHermes

Apport

• GS Member
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:tarot, dreaming practices, shamanism, magick etc.

Posted 06 September 2019 - 03:58 AM

An interesting read and video about this haunted prison.  What's up with prisons and asylums being haunted all the time?  A place of unstable negative energy?

Here's part of the article and I'll link the youtube video.  

Doomsday At The Haunted Prison

Sometimes called Cornhill, this former prison in Shepton Mallet was first opened sometime before 1625 AD and it was Britain’s oldest operating prison until it closed in 2013. According to an article on LondonLives.org this 400 year old correctional facility was originally built to comply with the 1610 AD ‘Bridewell Act’, which legislated that every county in England had such a prison house.
At the time it was recorded that men, women, and children were all incarcerated together, in reportedly “dreadful conditions” in which the jailers profited by selling booze to the prisoners. Expansion works in the early 19th century included the installation of a treadwheel for inmates sentenced to hard labor and according to writer Francis Disney in the 1992 book Shepton Mallet Prison (2 nd Edition) “40 men would tread the wheel for many hours at a time, a punishment which was recorded as causing hernias in some convicts”.

[media2] https://www.youtube....h?v=9547BrRT8y8 [/media2]

I tried using the media for special format but for some reason it's not uploading the youtube vid.  Help pls.

Edited by JohnHermes, 06 September 2019 - 04:00 AM.

#2 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:30 AM

Here's the embedded link John. Right click on the video on YT and choose "copy video url". Then paste it in your message.

Edited by EVP, 06 September 2019 - 04:32 AM.

Posted Image

#3 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:32 AM

I am often disappointed when these types of video's show up on youtube.  The need to add an overlay over the pictures as if you are watching a very old movie?

All that aside...  I would almost bet money that most very old prisons have some type of activity.  The gross amount of negative emotions by just about all who were there, including those who were executed would be too much for there not to be something.

The video mentions a tour guide who seemed to have received a cigarette burn on his hand while giving a tour.  Anyone else know of other stories along this line of someone getting burns?  I've heard of scratches and such most often.  A burn suffered by nothing physical (or physically seen) in some form from a exothermic event is rare?
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,672 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:44 AM

View PostJohnHermes, on 06 September 2019 - 03:58 AM, said:

An interesting read and video about this haunted prison.  What's up with prisons and asylums being haunted all the time?  A place of unstable negative energy?

Here's part of the article and I'll link the youtube video.  

[media2] https://www.youtube....h?v=9547BrRT8y8 [/media2]

I tried using the media for special format but for some reason it's not uploading the youtube vid.  Help pls.

That would be my fault I created media2 when I was trying to get youtube to embed in the forum. Just use the "media" tab not the "media2". I should remove it but I don't want to test fate!

Or copy and paste from Youtube like EVP suggests :)

No wonder it is haunted; looks a terrible place to have live the rest of your life in. And all those poor children they look lost without any hope!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter